Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

An article that Misconstrues Kratom I found. 4 years 11 months ago #6327

• KrayKray
  • Expert Boarder
  • Free The Tree
  • Thank you received: 47
What is kratom-weird? :-? I've never heard of this term. Most people take kratom for its healing qualities.
(L) Revelation 22:2 And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An article that Misconstrues Kratom I found. 4 years 11 months ago #6318

• ChromeDreams
  • Gold Boarder
  • F-THISBS
  • Thank you received: 111
Thanks for the link and the article Jason. I think the problem here is the author is looking to get Kratom-weird (his words), whatever the hell that means! The fact that he claims to have become uncoordinated and had the nods, after taking just 7 capsules at first followed by 4, seems laughable to me. Unless the caps he bought, which were Experience Botanicals brand according to his article, happen to contain non-Kratom additives, I'm not buying it for a second! That would be a first dose of approximately 4 or 5 grams tops, followed by 2 or 3 grams 45 minutes later. I call BS on this claim.

The fact that he calls Kratom a "drug" is alarming in and of itself. Call it an herbal remedy, or a botanical, or the like. It most certainly is not a drug, however. I believe he was looking for a "drug-like" feeling from Kratom, thus the label. It is articles and blogs like this that lead to the legislative response to ban Kratom across the country. This article is factually deceptive at best, and an outright fabrication at worst.

Grains of salt need to be taken while consuming this article!
WHEN MANY OFFER GREAT ADVICE IN A TIMELY FASHION IT MAKES FOR A GREAT COMMUNITY. WHEN IT BECOMES ABOUT A FEW WHO LIKE TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK AND DROWN OUT EVERYONE ELSE IT'S LIKE A RADIO SHOW: ILK PRESENTS THE "MAD MAX NEVER SHUTS UP SHOW" SPONSORED BY VENDORS HERE WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO OWN THE FORUM
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasondeanh

An article that Misconstrues Kratom I found. 4 years 11 months ago #6313

• jasondeanh
  • jasondeanh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 75
I found this article that someone wrote. No wonder why kratom SOMETIMES can be misconstrued. Read for yourself

The url is:

www.montanakaimin.com/arts_and_culture/article_b2a...f1-a73127df55f7.html

I DID KRATOM SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO

The seven pills, each about the size of the last joint on your pinky, sat on the counter looking like a month’s worth of vitamins. “Fuck it,” I said, having no idea what was going to happen, and down the hatch they went.

For those of you who don’t know what Kratom is, it’s related to the coffee tree and is native to Southeast Asia. It has been traditionally used as a stimulant in low doses and a sedative at high doses, as well as a recreational drug, pain killer, anti-diarrheal and treatment for opiate addiction, according sagewisdom.org.

That all being said, it tastes like alfalfa. There are many ways to ingest the tricky little herb — many people just honk down pre-packaged pills like I did, but you can also brew it into a tea or chew it if you can get your hands on fresh leaves.

The variety I took, called Maeng Da and made by Experience Botanicals, contained 6 servings (of seven pills each) and cost $25. I found it at Mellow Mood (a pipe and tobacco store close to campus) but Raja’s, Atmosphere and Piece of Mind also carry it.

After taking the drug, I wandered over to the neighbors in search of company. About 45 minutes in I began to feel extraordinarily relaxed and started to lose track of the conversations around me.

Though relaxing after a long day was nice, it wasn’t what I had been banking on. I wanted to get Kratom-weird, so naturally I took four more of the big herbal pills and decided to stretch my legs. Not my best idea to date, not even close.

Soon my hands began to tingle, slightly worrisome, but I was willing to overlook that if it meant having a good time. Shortly after, I began to feel uncoordinated, well, even more uncoordinated than normal, and made the decision to sit down before I fell.

My entire body felt relaxed, like I had spent hours at the gym followed by a hot shower. I couldn’t follow the conversation whatsoever and found myself nodding off repeatedly. Afraid of making even more of a fool of myself I said my goodbyes and stumbled home to pass out.

Thankfully my counterparts had better experiences than I did.

“Sometimes throughout the night I'd feel a mild, tingling euphoria, and I was sleepy at the dinner table," UM senior Finn Anderson said. "Weirdly though, and perhaps unrelated, I couldn't go sleep that night and stayed up till 4 a.m.”

“I felt very chipper and entertained by how sensory everything seemed,” 23-year-old Emily Harris, said.

While growing in popularity here, in parts of Thailand, Kratom consumption is not considered drug use and is therefore not stigmatized as such. Used by as much as 70 percent of adult males, it’s as common as drinking coffee. As alcohol use is prohibited under Islam, Kratom can be a common recreational substance among Muslims, according to a Transnational Institute report on Kratom in Thailand.

My conclusion — if you want to get that nice relaxed feeling that comes with Kratom, maybe just go to the gym and stretch afterwards. Your body and your wallet will thank you.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

@RT_Boggs

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds