07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: My mom has dementia but with an asterisk

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 7 hours ago #38613

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2591
robie,

your ears must have been ringing! laurie mentioned you and I was thinking about you as well. checking on your progress. gotten your k yet? how are you feeling? if you need any suggestions we are here.

laurie,

gonna say it out loud I hope victors ok and doing well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 7 hours ago #38616

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1153

michele373 wrote: robie,

your ears must have been ringing! laurie mentioned you and I was thinking about you as well. checking on your progress. gotten your k yet? how are you feeling? if you need any suggestions we are here.

laurie,

gonna say it out loud I hope victors ok and doing well.

Hello Michelle. And how was your Mothers Day? God bless Mothers! My fevers have stopped. I have a lot of lung congestion but no fevers! I took a teaspoon of Red Malay a couple of hours ago. I'm really impressed. I stopped the pain meds almost 3 days ago. I had some wonderful advice from many wonderful people here. You included! And I thank you all so much. I'm going to have another teaspoon in an hour. I'm very pleased to be honest. I started feeling better 15 minutes after drinking the Malay. I think I'm going to get some tomato juice and some Tobasco sauce do drink it down though. I don't want to associate that taste with my beloved Gatorade and EmergenC. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep tonight.

I want to thank everyone for their help and patience. Many days of rollercoaster fevers can skewer a persons sense of reality, memory and common sense. Thank you all so much. I'm very happy with the results so far. I'm also glad I stopped the meds for 3 days before taking the Kratom. I see how that was a big plus. But that's me. I certainly am in no position to advise others. I have no idea why the government is demonizing this leaf. (strike that last comment) I'll say it this way: I'm a believer.

Be blessed Michelle. And thank you.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 6 hours ago #38617

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2591
robie!

im so glad you are better. lots of hot tea with honey and a little lemon, or drink the k as tea if you can stomach it. I still don't like the taste much either. ive been told its good in citrus juices, I use it either in good apple juice, chocolate milk, mix it with vanilla yogurt, or cheap sugary juice works in a pinch. tomato is a good idea too. cola is good in a pinch too but I don't drink soda.

in sense is great for their k and they have a great selection of other botanicals. their corydalis is a nice pain relieving hug that rocks me right to sleep. and 2.85 an ounce cant beat it. just tried skullcap today too and made me mellow and sleepy as well. little bit higher but still less than generic naproxen!

im so glad you are chugging along and doing well. great accomplishment you should be proud of. detox centers can kiss it! and by the way thank you.. but the only kind of mother I am isn't the good kind!!! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 5 hours ago #38622

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7547
I’ve been waiting for the opportunity, so I cannot resist. Pardon me, but I TOLD YA!

LOL YAY Robie took the big dive! Excellent news!

Please keep updating us because anxiety may be a bit exaggerated for the first few days (or as long as skeptism lurks in the back of the mind). This is perfectly normal and expected. So it’s important that you check in a bit more often until you can ride without training wheels. Many people take only a week and some take a month or more.

There’s no silly question! Remember that exaggerated anxiety is brain driven panic because it’s noticing the change. We can help with that if it hits you, Robie.

Congratulations on getting started! That’s the HARDEST PART! Yeehaw!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 4 hours ago #38624

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Laurie wrote: I’ve been waiting for the opportunity, so I cannot resist. Pardon me, but I TOLD YA!

Please keep updating us because anxiety may be a bit exaggerated for the first few days (or as long as skeptism lurks in the back of the mind). This is perfectly normal and expected. So it’s important that you check in a bit more often until you can ride without training wheels. Many people take only a week and some take a month or more.

There’s no silly question! Remember that exaggerated anxiety is brain driven panic because it’s noticing the change. We can help with that if it hits you, Robie.

Hello Laurie. How are you? I am not experiencing any anxiety that I've noticed. I like the experience. I'm glad I waited. The lungs and fevers. And I'm glad I stopped the meds for 3 days before taking. I thank you so very much. I understand the experimenting explanations. My biggest decision at the moment is finding something suitable to chase it or mix it with. But I'll figure something out. I feel very blessed to have met all of you. I could not have found kinder, more helpful and patient people. From the depths of my heart I thank you all. If I may ever return your kindness I'm easy to find.

Be blessed in all things Laurie!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 6 months 41 minutes ago #38631

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3686
So I have been reading a lot about MY MOTHER in these posts.

She tends to constipation and of course the Kratom intake makes it worse so we have a bowle protocol in place so she can keep the drains running on time.

She decided to decrease her Kratom intake (did not tell me) and then suddenly she could not leave the room because of fecal incontinence.

It took me a while to figure out what was happening but all we had to do was decrease the amount of laxative herb and things came out just fine!

My own story had a happy ending when I went gluten free...things REALLY settled down getting dairy and wheat out of my diet. So those of you with issues please take a look at what you are eating.

My 98 yr old mother does seem to be cognitively impaired (slightly) BUT it is not caused by brain pathology it is simply SEVERE anxiety. She becomes so anxious that she will not remember what you tell her that....she does not remember what you tell her!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 5 months 4 weeks ago #38638

• Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3239
Happy to hear fevers are breaking and forum members getting over this virus. I caught it too :( , upper respiratory so far no fever. I will get over it also.

Robie- just awesome.Good news with the initial success with kratom. :-bd (L)

Sunday
I threw away about 45 pairs of pants, 30 shoes, 55 T-shirts,(omg some stuff still had tags on it she bought the exact pants over and over) the summer closet is now more manageable for my mom. I had to lecture my dad about impulsive buying off QVC fashion and makeup just because she sees and likes. she will yell at him for missing something she likes. He thinks this is making her happy but not in the long run. My niece and I explained a lipstick will last a pretty long time and she does not need 10 barely discernible shades of peach. I do not want them to fill the space I have created with more. Main purpose was to streamline the getting dressed in the mornings to lessen the confusion with too much selection.
Since I have been "Marie Kondoing"( TV organizer personality)the house I have taken a mental note on the money thrown away at years of my moms compulsive shopping. My first tally was college tuition but now they could have bought a vacation home in Florida.
With my daughter engaging her pretty much the whole time she had the attention she demands and she did very well. Most times at gatherings if we socialize with each other she decides she is being ignored and will act up. She will go from "normal" to full blown "dementia".

BUT it is not caused by brain pathology it is simply SEVERE anxiety

From the very beginning, I feel like I am screaming into the wind, anxiety is fueling much of her behavior. She couldn't handle my father's slip and fall.
I pinpointed her bathroom issues to a specific time. When my father was brought home after the hip fracture for home care, hospital furnishing, bed in the living room, the toilets were fitted with raised inserts. She cried, she couldn't get on them,she was really mad. Demanded removal, but it wasn't allowed while my dad recuperated. This was about 1 months before start of dementia with an asterisk. These inserts are still on the toilet btw. (timing its about a year)

My dad confessed its has been too much for him but he will not act on any solutions.She is hard to handle in the morning and night but "normal' in between. He will not get nursing help because she does not want a stranger in the house and she will cry at any mention.

They see her doctor soon, I hope they seek to treat more of her anxiety.

Thank you everyone for allowing this topic and supportive responses and being able to vent and laugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 5 months 4 weeks ago #38639

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7547
I enjoyed reading all of this. Not “enjoying” the situation or how frustrating it is! But I felt like I was “unloading” by just READING this share. It really hit home on so many points.

It also reminded me of the funniest (but I think sincere, based on the location) sign I saw at an intersection on my way to a meeting tonight. You’ll love this. LOST SHOE! Beneath the title was a photo of some sort of loafer! That was all I could make out during my stop at a stop sign!

I sympathize...I REALLY REALLY do!

I’m so glad BoMalley was able to join this particular thread, too!

Hope you’re feeling better soon, Nan70! I took today off of kratom and dogs!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 5 months 4 weeks ago #38643

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3618

Robie wrote:

Laurie wrote: I’ve been waiting for the opportunity, so I cannot resist. Pardon me, but I TOLD YA!

Hello Laurie. How are you? I am not experiencing any anxiety that I've noticed. I like the experience. I'm glad I waited. The lungs and fevers. And I'm glad I stopped the meds for 3 days before taking. I thank you so very much. I understand the experimenting explanations. My biggest decision at the moment is finding something suitable to chase it or mix it with. But I'll figure something out. I feel very blessed to have met all of you. I could not have found kinder, more helpful and patient people. From the depths of my heart I thank you all. If I may ever return your kindness I'm easy to find.

Be blessed in all things Laurie!

Robie

Right on Robbie!!

Good to hear it’s going well,

My favorite way to take kratom is with OJ, in a jar shaken for a wee bit then down the hatch, reminds me of spirulina and oj, somthing that’s familiar and good for you , taste wise .. and effect wise

I skipped my night dose, in solidarity for the transition you are taking , and because it’s a good thing to shake up the rhythm from time to time

Sleep well and be well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

My mom has dementia but with an asterisk 5 months 4 weeks ago #38646

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh Nan!!! I hope you aren't coming down with what I believe Laurie and I had. I wouldn't wish it on a politician. And I'm sure everyone who has read my rants know how I feel about that particular "cesspool" of humankind!!! Take care of yourself. It came on slowly with me and turned into a freight train. I'm hoping you have a very quick recovery!!

I must admit reading about some of your experiences with your mothers was "moving" to say the least. I had a mother in-law whom was a traditionalist, Pope Pius the X catholic. (it doesn't get any more guilt ridden and restrictive as this my friends) She would put the "guilt" frosting on the mothers day holiday pretty thick. She needed a priest but not for final unction or last rights. She needed a damned exorcist!!!

Be blessed Nan.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Robie.
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds