Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.

TOPIC:

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39541

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote:

michele373 wrote: trust me.. I should use cut gloves more often! I almost always use with scissors or a mandolin ( small veg shreds ) but yes your product gets sticky you can put latex over the cut gloves to keep em clean. but mine go right in the washer. good luck with that. I bet its a shoe in if its what you want and the terms/ hours are good.

Truth be told ... I have a hard time using gloves.. I don’t get the tactile sensitivity i need when wearing them, aside from getting my hands all sticky .. which was a treat to gather and use .. wink wink :)

But sense to be safe... wed always call smoke breaks safety meetings , need to make OSHA proud , another truth is it was always smoke break time, but I don’t do that anymore, I don’t do that any less either ( actually I don’t do it anymore ) used to love that quote from a
Woody Harelson film, Kingpin!!!

Back to topic , gloves are good but never had much good use for them>:D (L)

And gloves really throw a monkey wrench in the "finger hash" equation! Who needs the dang things!?!?! It's one of the perks of the job! Finger hash that is. Ummm, finger hash. I may be a cowboy but I have an abiding respect for finger hash. With nitrile you have to put the dadgum things in the freezer to gather thine perks of the job of trimming!!! And let's face it dear people. The perks are just as important as the wages!!

Be blessed!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39535

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor

michele373 wrote: trust me.. I should use cut gloves more often! I almost always use with scissors or a mandolin ( small veg shreds ) but yes your product gets sticky you can put latex over the cut gloves to keep em clean. but mine go right in the washer. good luck with that. I bet its a shoe in if its what you want and the terms/ hours are good.

Truth be told ... I have a hard time using gloves.. I don’t get the tactile sensitivity i need when wearing them, aside from getting my hands all sticky .. which was a treat to gather and use .. wink wink :)

But sense to be safe... wed always call smoke breaks safety meetings , need to make OSHA proud , another truth is it was always smoke break time, but I don’t do that anymore, I don’t do that any less either ( actually I don’t do it anymore ) used to love that quote from a
Woody Harelson film, Kingpin!!!

Back to topic , gloves are good but never had much good use for them>:D (L)

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39533

• Visitor
Hahahaha hahahaha, ain’t it the truth ??!!

Thank you for giving me a good laugh , I played this in front of my lady and explained this song was in response to Tammy’s great advice,

Thank you Robie , Big gratitude for the warm offer , and let me know how I can help in anyway as well,

Big thanks and much respect

Brandon

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39529

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Howdy Brandon! How are you doing today. I thought I'd post this song in reference to what Tammy faye had to say about helping the wife whilst unemployed. (I hope this doesn't offend anyone) But truth is truth! And I enjoy a good chuckle. Cheer up Brandon. I can feel it in my bones things will turn in your favor. Let me know if I may do anything for you. I'm limited but what I have you are welcome to.

Be blessed Little Brother!

Robie

youtu.be/t7Y0I91rubg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Robie.

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39523

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4060
trust me.. I should use cut gloves more often! I almost always use with scissors or a mandolin ( small veg shreds ) but yes your product gets sticky you can put latex over the cut gloves to keep em clean. but mine go right in the washer. good luck with that. I bet its a shoe in if its what you want and the terms/ hours are good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39521

• Visitor
Tammy,

I reread your post, Great that your partner scored a job, the stress of not working hurts bills and emotions even the spirit,this is now gonna change for your family ... !! I’ll be sending my good thoughts for your family , it’s one of the best gifts sharing vulnerability and true life challenges.. thank you ... we are all trying to make it in this beautiful and crazy thing called life..

Hope you add to this community more

Sweet dreams

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39519

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8770
:-bd

Definitely good advice, Tammyfaye96!

Thanks for joining our huddle / group hug of support. Always room for more!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39515

• Visitor
Thx Michele, I almost cut a finger off once, I’ll tell you about that story another time!!! Gloves are good ..

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39514

• Visitor
And Tammy ... I’ll definitely take your advice and catch up/ helpneithbthe house chores !! Thank you for the valuable advice, happy wife= happy life

Just need to vent about getting laid off 1 year 1 month ago #39513

• Visitor

Tammyfaye96 wrote: Hi, I'm pretty new here but in awe of how you all seem to truly care about each other. That is so needed in today's world. I was drawn to this post due to the fact my family has been going through the same thing for a few months now. My husband was laid off suddenly and my work barely covers food, not Bill's. Hanging on by a string but I can say that God has provided our needs. Now they may come get the car tomorrow but exercise is good and my husband just landed a job TODAY not 2 miles from where we live. Praise God......all this to say that Brandon you and your family will be added to my prayer list and just keep the faith
P.s it's also a great idea to help your wife with the housework while you are home. Will make her less stressed lol

Tammyfaye!!! Thank you very much for adding my family to your prayers list :x welcome to what Laurie says... and what I whole heartedly agree “ the best forum ever “ !!!

Life is always giving us opportunity to learn, love and help others .... i can tell you that we are all happy that you found this community and to have you here !!there’s absolutely nothing else like it that I’ve found.

Thanks for introducing yourself , this is a community/!family where we help eachother with answers, experience and support ... as you’ve read in this thread:)

Thank you again for the warmth you have given right at the start!!

Much respect and gratitude for all of you =D>

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds