07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 6 days ago #39839

• Schleprock
  • Schleprock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Why doesn't the AKA or whoever the other one is, (something like botanical defense league or something like that) print some sort of good article, come to this forum and ask everyone to read and share it socially.
That way the Google algorithm will rank something positive about Kratom as well. Right now all the SERPs are dominated by negative or half-as*ed reports.

All the Mayo Clinic did was say that "one study" said it was bad. Since when do doctors comment on "one study" they know that doesn't mean anything. They did not even say what the study protocols were. But Google ranked it because it is the Mayo Clinic. (Why is Google supporting "the Man" anyway, that is just cowardly. We need a way to inform them that their algorithm is spreading government propaganda)

<strong>Where the heck are our people?

Where is our article in rebuttal?

Why no outreach to get all of us to read it and share it socially.</strong>

Look, people in America don't want to think, if every search result in Google that concerns Kratom is bad, our community is in danger again and the senators and congressman who protected us from the DEA
are not going to be able to help because all their constituents believe it is bad.

If there is a good writer here, please compile some sort of rebuttal and then tell us to share it socially and to read it and to help it get some traction in the SERPs of Google. Please.

If you have a blog, link to the article (if our team gets ever gets one)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Schleprock.

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39847

• Barbie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
I wish it were more balanced upon a google search, but I don't know if I want to turn a blind eye to the negatives. Anything you put into your body, ex: cigarettes, coffee, chocolate, all have effects. To be aware of those, is intelligent choice making. My argument for kratom would never be that it's absolutely perfect or doesn't have any negative side effects.
My argument for kratom is that as an adult living in a free country, shouldn't I have the right to be properly informed and make that choice for myself?

(I post as I put my kratom in my coffee and light a cigarette......LOL)

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39878

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7620
I agree that not enough positive articles come up in google searches. Probably the FDA and Big Pharma misusing algorithms to keep negativity at the top of the heap.

I don’t know how to manipulate searches so positive articles come up first. But I think the AKA (americankratom.org) would have orchestrated that already if it were a good idea. Manipulation is never a good idea, nor is it necessary in this case. Kratom speaks for itself, if given half a chance.

The current wave of new people are trying the leaf without having the patience for it. People are taking shortcuts (using extracts or tinctures INSTEAD :-O) because they are accustomed to taking a pill and then going about their business. They aren’t willing to do the homework required to use it safely and effectively. It’s super important that people respect the leaf and use it wisely and not try to rush the benefits.

But, I absolutely hear your frustration as to what comes up first when you explain it to your loved ones and friends. I don’t recommend it be a topic of conversation if there isn’t time to fully explain it.

Your posts are helping our cause! Your presence and your smile are demonstrating the possibilities!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39889

• Schleprock
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think you are right about the AKA.

If they haven't thought of this already and decided against it, than they should be reading this forum, becoming informed and acting on that knowledge. (I consider my previous post my way of telling them and they can do something with it or ignore it. I rely on their superior knowledge of the Kratom/DEA/legal environment)

The self promotions of the article, asking for social shares and for people to link to it is accepted practice and well within Googles guidelines. However, you don't work in this industry, so I see your point on manipulation. (there was a time when this was a Gray Hat area) and Black Hatters still abuse this all the time with social share farms in Indonesia, etc. But Google has gotten pretty good at telling fack social accounts from real accounts.)

I just would really like to see a story like mine. You know, something affirming Kratom.

I had horrible depression/Complex PTSD. Had a hard time holding down a job. Found Kratom. It helps me enough to have some hope to go forward. I went back to school, got a degree, and got a job where I pay taxes.
So I went from being miserable in my personal life, as a member of society I was a burden, hardly holding down a job. on and off food stamps, using a government paid health plan. I was a mess and society was being sucked into my mess.
I can't even tell you how much nicer it is for my family, who now think of me as being reliable.
Me, my family, and society have all benefited because of Kratom.

I found Kratom about 10 years ago, after years of big pharma's A/D drugs. What a change when I received effective treatment.

Why aren't stories like this on the front page in the SERPs?

Thank you for everything, including your feedback on the AKA. They have legal talent and know the landscape, I don't. I think it is better to let the pros handle it, as you stated.
(they also have all those wonderful testimonies they asked us to write to the DEA, if they ever change their minds and decide to fight back in the public arena, they got a boat load of ammo)
My story above was very abbreviated, the one I sent in to the DEA was a couple of type written pages.

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39890

• Radio Dano
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I covered this topic on my show a couple of weeks ago. I commented on the article entitled: Kratom: Unsafe and ineffective

This was a very misleading title to an article on their website that really doesn't support what the title says. From the outset, "ineffective" I know is BS since kratom has been so effective for me. To support the unsafe part of the title, the author resorts to loose research (if any) and broad statements with no proof of the accusation. This was a very disappointing article from an organization that I respect. Not because it may disagree with my viewpoint, but because of it's inaccuracy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39891

• Schleprock
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The reason that article went to the top of the SERPs is because the Mayo Clinic is considered an "authority" source. So Google gives it a lot of credibility. The domain has tons of authority so anything they publish is going to rank pretty well without them doing any outreach.

I also agree with you, normally the Mayo Clinic is top-of-the-line on everything they do. Than they decide to publish this article.
I am pretty familiar with Google's guidelines (at least their published ones) and they have very strong rules against using deceptive headlines. Google wants the headline to match the content of the article. (if you ar using Adwords, than the ad also needs to match the content) No more deceptive advertising
Anyone other than the Mayo Clinic (or another recognized authority), could not have gotten away with this.
recognized authorities = government sites, big research institution sites.
They are the people you expect to behave responsibly, to have done their research. These are the people and institutions you trust. These guys are recognized as the experts.

That is why this is so dangerous, because of the natural trust the institution has.
(just like I must now trust the AKA to know what it is doing)

AND
I am very glad that Kratom has helped you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39896

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Schleprock, I respect all of your points of frustration.

Congratulations on digging out from a hole to make a life for yourself IN THANKS TO THE LEAF.

But. YOU DID THE WORK. No leaf did it for you.

Your predicament is carrying caps and having accessible drinking water on your assignments. This is doable and I understand exactly why you’d like privacy. Yet sometimes we need a moment every two hours! Other times, 6 hours are doable.

I can’t believe that a medical professional can’t do this carefully and routinely. I’m THRILLED to have medical professionals getting involved as users of the leaf. This is our future and there will be more.

You’ve had some HUGE CHALLENGES recently. This is a small issue and please don’t let it weigh you down like a bag of cement.

Access to consumable liquid is needed. And soon after that, a place to pee (in my case). You can work this out and it’s nobody’s business but best not give them any reason to be curious AT ALL.

I’ll give more thought to this because I also hope to rejoin the working world with similar needs.

Congratulations!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39898

• Schleprock
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am not a medical professional, just support staff.

I think you are right, I will just find some old herb bottle and put my caps in it.
After a while I will get used to the job and know when I need to take my caps with me or just leave them in my lunch bag.

I sometimes worry needlessly about stupid things that never actually happen. (you should have seen the stuff I worried about before kratom. I was all the things I told you but I was also a drunk, I forgot to list that.
Kratom was just that tiny little bit of help I needed to quit drinking and to deal with my Comples PTSD issue.

I actually have an old Maca bottle (herbal supplement) around here. I can just put it in that and if anyone asks tell them it helps with my prostate and it keeps my energy up.

My problem is the deception. I don't like it. I should not have to lie. I am not doing anything wrong.

What if I just got a plain bottle and wrote Mark's on the side. Mark is my name, then when people ask I can just say it is an herb that helps with a variety of things.
The problem with this is that someone will want to know what it is, what it does, and what is it called, because it may help them too.

If the wrong person asks those common questions and reads Googles articles on how horrible Kratom is, that could be a problem for me.

Update:
a google search returned this article. It says 40 percent of Americans are turning to alternative medicines to help them. Since most American have some sort of problem, 40 percent is a ton of people.
news.ohsu.edu/1999/09/30/new-alternative...center-opens-at-ohsu

(OHSU would be considered an authority site by Google, because of its big name)
so if they decided to write something it would immediately get rank in the SERPs, whereas little people like us just have to struggle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39899

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
I am intimately familiar with that future-tripping worry and throwing invisible objects in front of myself.

I told people it’s an herbal PRESCRIPTION my homeopathic/Ayurvedic dr thought would be helpful with my PTSD. It’s too much information, but that ended the discussion and it only came up ONCE in my work setting.

I agree with you that feeling sneaky SUCKS when we have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. That’s the world of judgement and discrimination in which we live. It won’t be fixed. But YOU have come a long way, and many of us are finding hope.

You’ll be GREAT and definitely do not demonstrate shame and hold your head high. That helps ;-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Last edit: by Laurie.

Google and negative Mayo Clinic reviews on Kratom 5 months 5 days ago #39907

• richmilton
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60
Mayo Clinic and Big Pharma go hand-in-hand. Mayo will never recommend a product/drug/herb or source, whether natural or not, if it's not "approved" by their daddy - FDA aka Big Pharma
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Radio Dano

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds