07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: AKA at work in Utah

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33768

• jayisk
  • jayisk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 380
AKA is working on a bill to keep kratom legal in Utah. I hope this becomes a regular think to keep kratom legal and legit.

kutv.com/news/local/bill-prepared-to-keep-kraton-legal-in-utah

"“I view this kind of in the same vein as medical marijuana,” said Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo, who will sponsor the bill to keep kratom legal here in its “pure” form, but illegal in an “adulterated” form with other additives. “I’ve had people tell me kratom is an alternative for addictive opiates, and that’s what convinced me.”

That is a big statement coming from a Senator.

"Mac Haddow, who said he ran Orrin Hatch’s first campaign for U.S. Senate, is a Washington, DC lobbyist representing the American Kratom Association, a group of users. He gave language in the proposed bill to Bramble."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jayisk.

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33769

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1775
I’d say that’s one intelligent senator, a alternative to opiates.... that’s what convinced him..?? Ofcourse!!! If more senators thought like that, we wouldn’t be worried about big pharma coming in and making a mess out of an otherwise typical day in “free” America in choosing a botanical to help treat an ailment/ ailments ....a natural and safe one at that ...

Keep the adulterated products away from the consumers and allow the access remain for the pure/ raw unadulterated leaf... sounds good to me

And yea , all to much like hullabaloo surrounding the medical marijuana, both pot and Kratom are safer than the majority , if not all of otc products and the legal hard drugs.. tobacco and alcohol

Thanks Jayisk

This gives me hope and a peaceful knowing that there are law makers who can see the obvious and have retained some gold common sense . I like this senator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33770

• jayisk
  • jayisk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 380
Since pain pills have impacted everyone and it has made its way to the suburbs politicians need to pay attention. You have a lot of people suffering from pain and chronic pain and this will only get worse as the baby boomer generation ages and the general health of people decline.
As usual the stupid government goes after patients and dr's by making it harder and harder for anyone to get pain pills for legit reasons.
They of course dont dare and go after big pharma who caused the problem to start with. because they are too powerful and have too much money to throw around with its lobbyists. Ironic part is its not the pain pills killing record people..that number has remained stable..,it is synthetic fetynal and heroin that we have seen the worse yr in 2018 for deaths from opiate.
Now a lot of people that have been taking pain pills the proper way for chronic pain are now having trouble getting these meds or drs are scared and try to stop providing them to pts they have been seen for yrs.
But these are also people that vote and there are a lot of them out there.
So what is their option try to find heroin in the streets that is killing people and then turns you into a criminal. Funny but big pharma companies that sell fentanyl are now selling narcan. It's really disgusting what they get away with.
So you have all of these people that can vote and can be activists that have found a safe alternative which is kratom.
i am all about a person having a good quality of life and not suffering for no good reason.

But i think having the AKA working with politicians and people that are suffering who now use kratom speaking out is the way to go. Its simple you want to out law quality kratom in your state then vote them out.
It is truly pathetic hearing the stories of long term chronic pain patients who got cut of by their drs., and not being able to find another dr to work with them.., actually taking their own lives because they couldn't function and their quality of life became so poor.
Obv. the governments response of basically prohibition and tight regulation on pain meds doesnt work. And big pharma or the government isn't going to come up with any solutions.
Hopefully the truth be spread about the benefits of kratom and lives can be saved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Sylmrie

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33771

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, it’s a sad and messed up story for many people including myself, doctors take away quality of life by taking away the relief that was helping with their pain, morally it’s just insanely inhuman...

Docs said I was to using to be taking pain meds, Toto young?? How about the pain management!!?? So I decided to stop the. And there and not even do the tapering ... which I was opiate free for 8 years now but l f me into a dark pit of depression because pain takes all light away from ones life...

Then hopefully folks find some relief else where.. Kratom!!
Changed my life into something I can manage and show up for more and more

Time to put our votes to work and stop giving these power: money hungry jerks more power and more money ..!!

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33772

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
They take away your pain meds, you end up hopeless and severely depressed, you take anti depressants and anxiety drugs, become detached from emotional health .. it’s at from anything that sustains goodness ,

I’m just so grateful i found Kratom, no pain meds/ antidepressants/ anxiety meds and touch the relief this gives me, ....

Quality of life not being on pharma drugs= less money and power to control....

Dark stuff man,

I’m happy many are seekng the light and more are starting to see it ...

AKA at work in Utah 5 months 1 week ago #33792

• Jazzfan1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 366
I live in Utah. I agree with the idea Big Pharma is out to dominate what we can or cannot put in our bodies. Money and politics usually write the laws to control and exploit the people. I will say that Utah is the home of a lot of Herbal companies. I believe the senator is doing a great thing standing up for kratom and it's usefulness in helping people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, jayisk

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds