Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42369

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4315
Money Rules the World. Kratom is cutting into Big Pharma Business. So they are twisting all the Facts against Kratom to try to Ban it in any State that they can. It's just a Shame because Kratom is the Cure for the Opioid Crisis & they just don't see it.:huh:

In Other States they are Making Marijuana Legal because of all the Millions of Dollars of Taxes they get from the Pot Dispensaries each Year. Sixty-four months after the first recreational stores opened on January 1, 2014, Colorado had collected over $1 billion in tax revenue for the sale of legal cannabis, according to the Colorado Department of Revenue. All About Money. Where does all that Money go? Politicians Maybe?:-?
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by madmaxnightrider.

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42344

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
Breathing a sigh of relief in Ohio. With all the publicity of the opioid mess, legislators are having knee jerk reactions and want to push that ban button. Like a lot of things, politicians jump on a bandwagon before they really know what it is all about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42329

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
Fantastic! :-bd Every State is Very Important in Terms of Turning the Tide against the People Against Kratom. I Signed the Petition & Told everything that I know about Kratom to be True. We have a good chance of keeping Kratom Legal with Every Victory like this One.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42309

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
So friggin stoked!!!!!! Right on Ohio!!!’

Thx to all who made this ban a no go ... AKA... all the Kratom believers , those that have their life back because of the benefits that Kratom provides them... thank you Laurie !!! Paul !!! And all of you who wrote and signed Petitions!!!!

This victory is so important , and now the FDA will have to see once again that we will not let them roll us over ...

I am soooo happy !!!!

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42308

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8988
OHIO WON! Indonesia yesterday, Ohio today, tomorrow the USA and globally from there!

Check the AKA website for AMAZING DETAILS:
www.americankratom.org
To summarize:

AKA Kratom Warriors Win the Ohio Battle!

Dear Kratom Warriors,

At 9:00am this morning more than 200 Ohio Kratom Warriors stood in solidarity behind Johns Hopkins University Adjunct Professor Jack Henningfield, Ph.D., Utah State Senator Curt Bramble, Arizona State Representative Tony Rivero, Georgia State Representative Vernon Jones, and AKA’s Senior Fellow on Public Policy C. M. “Mac” Haddow in a press conference calling on the Ohio Board of Pharmacy to withdraw its proposed ban in kratom.

Immediately following the press event, the Kratom Warriors stood in long lines to enter and sign in to the Board of Pharmacy Public Hearing to have their voices heard on why kratom should not be banned.

Utah Senator Bramble spoke passionately about his personal family experience where a daughter and her husband became ensnared in the opioid crisis, ended up on jail on drug charges, and it led to the overdose death of his son-in-law. Bramble stated his belief that had he and his family had known about kratom, his son-in-law would be alive today.

Representative Rivero pointed to the Arizona experience where the Board of Pharmacy initially recommended a ban on kratom, but then withdrew their support for a ban and supported a more rational regulatory plan embodied in the Arizona Kratom Consumer Protection Act that is now law in Arizona, Utah, Georgia, and Nevada.

Representative Vernon Jones cited the overwhelming support where the Kratom Consumer Protection Act was passed with near unanimous votes in most of the legislative chambers who acted on that legislation.

Mac Haddow presented the powerful arguments on why the FDA’s claims about kratom being dangerously addictive and the cause of 44 deaths were completely wrong, and Jack Henningfield, Ph.D. outlined the scientific evidence showing the FDA was wrong on the science, and wrong on the policy.

And most importantly, hundreds of kratom supporters spoke passionately about their experiences and why kratom must remain legal in Ohio.

In the end, the voices of the hundreds of kratom advocates were heard loud and clear. The Ohio Board of Pharmacy has decided to put the kratom ban in a To Be Refiled (TBR) status and it will not be the subject of a Hearing before the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (JCARR) on Monday. The kratom issue has been removed from that agenda.

The American Kratom Association is proud to have joined the thousands of Ohio residents who raised their voices in this important effort.

Congratulations to all involved.

Sincerely,

American Kratom Association
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, DenverJeff, Babel-17

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42279

• doggie mom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Madmaxnightrider thank you for your encouraging words!
I’ve heard of the other alternatives to Kratom that you suggested...have not tried them. Have used a couple Akumma (sp?) capsules. Also occasional kava when I experience extreme anxiety.
Praying for a good outcome in Columbus tomorrow....
miracles do happen. Feel sad that my husband & I are unable to attend...blessings to all who do attend & many kudos to the AKA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42253

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder

doggie mom wrote: Hi Laurie & everyone...
I am from Ohio and am beyond upset about the proposed ban...the pharmacy board absolutely could care less about those of us who depend upon Kratom to lead a somewhat normal life. My anxiety level is above normal....just trying to figure out what to do. Had to do a little rant!
I’ve signed all of the petitions...just praying for a positive outcome.

I am Praying that it Stays Legal in Ohio doggie mom. Remember there are Alternatives to Kratom that are pretty good. I have found Mitragyna Hirsuta the Best so Far & Mitragyna Javanica Second Best. So even if Worse comes to Worse you still will have Alternatives that can Imitate Kratom's Effects But Stay Positive. I thought Kratom was going to be Illegal in my State Years Ago & was really worried all for nothing. Try not to worry doggie mom. >:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42249

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
I don't know which committee you emailed previously, but this one is to a joint oversight committee of legislators. I think previously the AKA asked for emails to be sent to the Board of Pharmacy -- does that ring a bell?

This is our last resort (apart from pleading to the Governor, which would be unlikely to work). So I think it would be a good idea to send to this committee.

I sent my story attached to the form email this morning. Let's all barrage them to show how important this is to a lot of people.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42238

• doggie mom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Laurie & everyone...
I am from Ohio and am beyond upset about the proposed ban...the pharmacy board absolutely could care less about those of us who depend upon Kratom to lead a somewhat normal life. My anxiety level is above normal....just trying to figure out what to do. Had to do a little rant!
I’ve signed all of the petitions...just praying for a positive outcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Ohio needs our support 1 year 1 month ago #42231

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8988
Yes, follow the link to the handy template letter (those of you still wondering what to do next).

Yep, sucks because A LOT OF DISABLED PEOPLE AND VETS and their families traveled a good deal (for some of us, anything beyond the store is “travel”! Not easy!) with speeches prepared, t shirts had been issued (like the Price is Right) and incurred excess expenses to stay in hotels/motels near to where the public comment hearings WERE to take place. Those funds cannot be recouped.

If you can pray or have good affirmations for those in Ohio getting seriously stressed on top of managing their routine challenges.

I recommend everyone subscribe to the AKA newsletters for updates. www.americankratom.org

Thanks for the support during my time of difficulty as well. I’m back to uncomfortable (normal). LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by Laurie.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds