Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.

TOPIC:

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43681

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4247
That would be the Only thing that I would Worry about when Ordering from an Indonesian Supplier, Indonesian Vendor or a US Vendor that doesn't Test their Kratom. Thoses Indos don't have the FDA to Keep their Places Clean where they Process the Kratom. That's the Only thing I worry about but if a US Vendor does all the Test on their Kratom & they come up Clean then I would Trust that the Product is Clean of Contaminants.

Magnet Tunnel is Genius & would Take Care of that Problem is there is a Problem.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by madmaxnightrider.

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43678

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
For a while now I’ve thought about this as a possibility for heavy metal contamination.... the grinder !!!! Yeah next scandal for sure ... easy to fix with proper incentive... actual customers who will buy their product ... I hope that our vendors are checking for this .... I think a crucial step worth taking , very smart maneuver with a magnet tunnel!! Thx Herbaldom...

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43677

• herbaldom
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 19
We thought for a long time kratom was "naturally magnetic" based off all the reviews people had of stirring with a spoon and it standing up. All we could do was pick up dust with regular store bought magnets, that even when washed off, didn't show any metal powder. It wasn't until we ran about 80KG of a supplier we had never tried before through a magnet tunnel and washed the magnet off (It just looks like dust until you wash it off), that we found the metallic powder. We sold that stuff for extract at cost, but believe that this is the next scandal to hit the kratom market. If anyone knows a doctor or health expert they could ask, I'd love to know if swallowing steel/iron dust powder has any longterm health complications. I do not put much faith in Indos to maintain their grinders.

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43629

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
I've also noticed that Laurie. A few times the Fresher Products tend to have a Magnetic thing going on. Like the Powder has a Bad Hair day & some of it Sticks Out. Very Strange. Might be good to keep a Magnet to Test the Kratom if you buy Directly from the Source from Indonesia just to see if some of it sticks to the Magnet might mean that that are Metal Shavings in the Powder. I know that most all US Vendors Test for that Stuff. That's why we don't have to Worry about stuff like that because they go through all of that Trouble so we don't have to. I Can Understand why the Prices have been going up over the Past Year.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43611

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2212

Laurie wrote: Interesting dilemma because I’ve noticed some of my favorite product kinda act “magnetic” on my steel spoon. I’ve noticed fresher product can do that. After it sits for a while, same stuff no longer does that. Hmmm :-?

Organic Chlorella/any Chlorella will do that as well. Also, if there's a difference in temperature between the two and the air is moist you could get condensation when they come in contact, and that too can cause some stickiness.

It's that binding affinity that makes Chlorella good for detoxing. Ditto that for Cilantro. And that's also why you don't want them grown/cultured in soil/water that's contaminated with heavy metals, because they'll take them along.

If Kratom binds to your spoon I think it's because it's acting like Chlorella, and not because it has magnetized metal in it.

Edit: And if Kratom is at all like Chlorella in this regard, then buying from someone who isn't harvesting from a contaminated soil, or where contaminated water was used, is friggin' paramount.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43609

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8801
Interesting dilemma because I’ve noticed some of my favorite product kinda act “magnetic” on my steel spoon. I’ve noticed fresher product can do that. After it sits for a while, same stuff no longer does that. Hmmm :-?
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Kratom seizures 9 months 3 weeks ago #43606

• herbaldom
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 19
Lots of metal in kratom, we've sieved stuff (where it gets run through a magnet) we got from other suppliers and discovered quite a bit of metal (Probably Iron or steel) dust in some of them and the lab said that it won't necessarily be detected in heavy metals testing. Never consume kratom that is "magnetic", that can be a tell tale sign of metallic dust. I'm not sure if consuming steel or iron dust is harmful, but I don't wanna do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by herbaldom.

Kratom seizures 10 months 1 day ago #43417

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
That's why it's so Important to Test the Kratom for anything that could possibly get in there. There is nothing Regulating the Indo Suppliers or Vendors so they don't have to have a Standard to go by. They just Grow it, Pick it, Dry it, Grind it, Package it & Ship it.:huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Kratom seizures 10 months 1 day ago #43394

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2212
I read that the machinery used to grind can sometimes be ancient, and not food grade, meaning some of the metal can leach out.

Kratom seizures 10 months 2 days ago #43384

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes I would rather pay more from a Reliable US Vendor than from a Cheap Indonesian Vendor. It is like taking a Gamble when ordering from an Indonesian Source. The US Vendors have already got the Best Indonesian Suppliers to Supply them so you don't have to Search for one. They Test their Products & have the Best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, herbaldom

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds