Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Maryland Sen. Young heard the voices of kratom advocates ... 5 months 5 days ago #47957

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
That's excellent news! :-bd
I pray that it passes with the new language so that no one has to suffer with not having access to this fantastic plant. (L)
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Maryland Sen. Young heard the voices of kratom advocates ... 5 months 5 days ago #47955

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2196
hxxps://mobile.twitter.com/HaddowMac/status/1224190284562665473

I had to substitute "hxxps" for "https" to get the link to load. Paste it in your address bar and edit it to see the page.

Maryland Sen. Young heard the voices of kratom advocates, and his staffer reports he will amend the bill with "language from Haddow and the American Kratom Association that would require users to be 21 and older, and added guidelines to make sure the product was unadulterated."

Thank you to the poster at Otie's Botanicals Facebook page for the heads-up.

The following is about the bill in question.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/health/treatment_and_diseases/maryland-bills-aim-to-restrict-herbal-substance-kratom/article_24c4a15e-ab4c-5613-86ab-0fbca861ea83.html

Maryland bills aim to restrict herbal substance kratom

By Kevin Brown Capital News Service Feb 1, 2020

ANNAPOLIS — Kratom, a substance that users told lawmakers they take as a pain and addiction treatment, would see more stringent regulation in Maryland under legislation making its way through the General Assembly. Some government agencies advise against using the substance, calling it dangerous — while opponents of the bill are advocating for safety standards instead.

Originating in southeast Asian countries, including Thailand and Indonesia, kratom is an herbal substance that comes from evergreen trees and has similar effects as opioids.

House bill 283 would categorize kratom as among the most dangerous controlled substances in Maryland, a list that includes heroin, LSD, ecstasy and a hallucinogen called peyote.

Proponents of the bill argue kratom’s similarity to opioids can lead to further abuse and addiction, while opponents say the substance, when regulated properly, can help people alleviate pain, and help those with opioid addictions overcome withdrawal.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Babel-17.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds