Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kratom May Have Less Abuse Potential Than Opioids - Psychiatric Times 5 months 1 day ago #48239

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Thanks for the links.

I've added them to my resource files.
I pass the info on to people that I tell about kratom so they don't get overwhelmed by the negative stuff they find doing their own internet searches.
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom May Have Less Abuse Potential Than Opioids - Psychiatric Times 5 months 1 day ago #48236

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2213
www.psychiatrictimes.com/substance-use-disorder/kr...se-potential-opioids

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0376871620300144

www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/f0xksz/research_f...niversity_school_of/

www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/eycbdz/new_resear...ns_concludes_kratom/

The herbal supplement kratom may be less addictive and more effective for the management of pain than opioids, according to new research from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.1 In a cross-sectional, self-report survey of 2798 participants, kratom was generally found to be highly effective, with 91% people taking it for pain, 67% for anxiety, and 65% for depression. Others take kratom to reduce opioid cravings and withdrawal.

Lead author Albert Garcia-Romeu, PhD, cautions more research is needed before endorsement of kratom, but a total ban with little data is not warranted: “There is a high likelihood that banning kratom or its constituents would compel individuals who are presently using kratom for pain relief or opioid use reduction to return to using prescription or illicit opioids with a known risk of dependence and possible lethal overdose.”

Conclusion

Kratom is used among White, middle-aged Americans for symptoms of pain, anxiety, depression, and opioid withdrawal. Although regular use was typical, kratom-related SUD and serious adverse effects were uncommon. Additional research on kratom epidemiology and pharmacology is imperative in light of the present opioid epidemic.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Babel-17.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds