Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 1 month 3 weeks ago #52225

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Wow, Rob, thanks for the link to the article, "West Kalimantan Provincial Government immediately follows up on the Ministry of Agriculture's decision regarding Kratom" Click here: translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=htt...entan-terkait-kratom

The last line of the article is especially encouraging, "From the Kratom Farmer's Association, it is estimated that the export potential of this Kratom plant can reach IDR 7 trillion a year, this is only in the United States." said Daniel

Its really important we pay a decent amount for Kratom so the farmers have a living wage. I'm proud the US is probably providing the lion's share of employment to the region. Nice to hear something positive about the US when we've been going downhill fast over the last few years.

Happy leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Leelove.

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 1 month 3 weeks ago #52213

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001
I’m so very grateful for the work you’ve done Rob, I’ve been more of an activist with this particular herb than any other I’ve loved in the past, it’s important to keep this plant/leaf/herb legal and accessible… All herbs for that matter, but especially so with Kratom. There’s not a one thing cure all to anything in life, but kratom sure does come close to it! For chronic pain, opiate addiction, anxiety and depression… Best tool I ever did Find to help with these ailments!! Keep up the good form brother Rob… Appreciate you bro!
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Leelove

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 1 month 3 weeks ago #52199

• Insense1
  • Insense1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1940
Thanxs for the True words not many of us think about....

If they can't afford to supply us....theres not many other places in the world that grow it, as good as they do, they have a natural climate and have tended to it for hundreds of years.

We have fought long and hard to keep Kratom Legal, here and over there....
only just now, this last week......
the Indonesian Minister of Health has stated that he will now designate Kratom as a medicinal plant....for everyone!

Thats exciting news.....if we can keep them growing it.....or at least paying them enough to be worth their while to grow it.

Click here: translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=htt...entan-terkait-kratom

Thanks Everyone....here and over there for the hard fought battle that we are slowly winning.

insense1
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Last edit: by Insense1.

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 18 hours ago #52118

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001
I just want to put out my 2cents ... if I may :)

No matter what the dynamic or political power play that happens in everything one can dream up .... a living wage is needed for the kratom “harvesters /farmers/ suppliers” ... truly a non negotiable bottom line to keep the wheel well oiled to meet the needs of life . I’ve been a farmer of quite a few diff crops in my life , food and medicinal wise , it’s hard work !! The pride of knowing what the hard work brings to peoples lives is a wonderful spirituality fed endeavor.... but must also meet the livelihoods of all involved , otherwise yes.... if other farming options to gain money presents itself , it could pose more than a hiccup in keeping the miraculous leaf that is kratom from continuing.

I’m not a businessman, just a lover of all good things and fairness ... and from that perspective, a little consideration goes along way in meeting the needs ... imo (L)

Not all things are fair in this set up, those who work the hardest tend to get paid the least ... while others can profit tremendously from the hard work of others . This is my take as Im sitting in a 4 walled house, have money in my pocket and access to a beautifully beneficial leaf called kratom ...

because of the work our Indonesian friends do and the relationships cultivated by our much loved and respected vendors in the states, we continue to benefit from quality of life without the need of toxic pharmaceuticals.

I can’t imagine my life without kratom, it’s disheartening and scary , but I’m very optimistic that things will go in the direction of sustainability. Respectful/ reasonable compensation to those who provide us this lovely herb ... in the states and over seas ...not unreasonable to pursue, and very necessary :)

Long way of saying , much respect and appreciation for everyone involved in bringing kratom to us , my life is a life worth living , thx to all of theirs and our loved vendors hard work ! Immense gratitude!

Thank you sooooo much ..!!..!!..

Thank goodness for kratom!! Much love (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Leelove

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 21 hours ago #52115

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
HerbalRVA,

The people in Indonesia are setting up the cGMP compliance WITHOUT this other person/people that are trying to corner the market.

To be cGMP compliant does not mean they have to participate in NOT PAYING the farmers a decent price, just so they can sit by their pools and sip their cocktails looking at all the money they make by not paying the farmers enough.

We aren't talking about making all the farmers millionaires, just to pay them enough to keep it worth their while to continue growing Kratom.

When Indonesia reaches out to me out of alarm at what other people are trying to accomplish in THEIR country, just so that everyone may have to go thru them.....well guess what.....they DON'T!

As I said earlier they are putting their own compliance system in place that will provide everything for U.S. Based Vendors to be cGMP compliant.

Trying to prevent the Monopoly.

Thanks Everyone

Kratom On!

insense1

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Insense1. Reason: spelling

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 22 hours ago #52114

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
Well.... most of the time....
You get what you pay for....

If that's your allowance then cool

I was just asked by my people in Indonesia to help make others aware of what these people trying to corner the market are doing.

They are trying........ to help us become aware, so they can continue to BE ABLE to provide for all of us

Insense1
Rob

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Last edit: by Insense1.

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 1 day ago #52113

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Wow. Thanks Rob.

This pertains to me because I'm cheap.

I hereby promise not to buy Kratom for less than $60 kilo.

My vendors will test every batch.

Their Kratom will be imported from verifiable and reputable sources.

Happy leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 2 days ago #52095

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2540
The farmers aren't guaranteed any crop, or one large enough to meet expenses.

How can the person doing the buying even really know what it costs to grow what's being sold? Sure, in a tight knit world everyone can know the usual costs, but is that "one dollar" profit based on some calculated average? I think it would have to be. If a farmer had a bad year, would the buyer "eat" the difference between what the farmer spent, and the value of a crop only half, or even just a quarter, of what is normal? That could mean paying four times as much. No, that farmer would be out of luck.

Before we could say cutting costs, some farmers would find themself pushed at times to cut costs. That could hurt the ecosystem, and lower the quality and safety of the product being sold.

It's not like we don't have lots of history to guide us here. We all just need to do the right thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 2 days ago #52094

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
That is correct Laurie,

Thats how much the farmer makes after paying all his workers and continuing to grow.
I understand that $1 per kilo sounds like alot or enough
After a farmer provides the workers and the liability as well as getting the product to the consumer....
A dollar profit, after all the other costs is not
much
We just believe in fair trade
And dont expect this beautiful plant continuing to be harvested if the farmers arent making money....
Especially if they can make more money by going to something else. Which in itself will cost alot, but thats the squeeze point the farmers are at now.
Should i change or not.....
In the long run, if they can make more by planting something else.....
why wouldn’t they?
Thanx everone for your comments.

Insense1
Rob

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Last edit: by Insense1. Reason: Spelling

If you Love Kratom and want it to continue then READ this now please! 2 months 3 days ago #52086

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9070
Good topic for raising awareness and exchanging dialogue with no limits on WHO can be involved! This is how unity is used to make change for the good of everyone (sharing information so we can all be Informed and vigilant).

For clarify, I believe Rob was pointing to $1 plus operating supplies, being paid to farmers. Not ANOTHER dollar. Just the one.

Feel free to correct me, but that’s how I read it.

Hope everyone is safe from wildfires AND washing hands often like those of us who already have OCD, LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, Insense1, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Last edit: by Laurie.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds