09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kratom effects blood sugar for each person differently

Kratom effects blood sugar for each person differently 1 week 4 days ago #50731

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1135
Hi, Laran:
Your experience is puzzling, because kratom is a traditional herbal treatment in Thailand for diabetes and the one published medical study in PubMed.gov on this topic seems to suggest that kratom generally helps blood sugars enter the muscle cells. I'm the guy who blogs about natural ways to deal with diabetes and even reverse it ( www.diabetes-symptoms-magic.com/kratom-and-diabetes.html ).

I've had several diabetics who were on insulin and oral meds come to me and ask why they no longer needed meds after taking kratom for a short time, and for some other reason. All I could do is point to the one study.

That said, we are all different and I'd be curious if you ever learn what might cause your body to react differently.

I use kratom for overcoming the lethargy that usually comes over me after a meal, which I've heard is a symptom of pre-diabetes. My dislike of needles and medications has kept me from ever seeking a diagnosis. Good luck with your search for answers!
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kemppaulh.

Kratom effects blood sugar for each person differently 1 week 4 days ago #50730

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1071
Welcome aboard the ILK train Laran , great to have you B-)

From what I’ve read from articles is that kratom has been successful in helping moderate blood sugar... can be helpful for those dealing with diabetes ... though I have no first hand account and am not making any medical claims !

Here’s a blog from our much respected moderator and ILK contributor Paul Kemp, some good info to check out there .

www.diabetes-symptoms-magic.com/diabetes-symptoms-blog.html

...like you (imo accurately so) wrote .. different folks respond differently to all sorts of various foods and herbs , not a clear cut “ this is how it is “ kind of thing .

Hope others can chime in and offer up some knowledge that I lack at this moment.

Happy you found us and hope you get some great benefit from joining our lovely community.

Take care ,

Brandon

Haha, paul himself already posted his link in a earlier post , this is a very old thread , hope it’s helpful for info you are looking for.:-bd
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Kratom effects blood sugar for each person differently 1 week 4 days ago #50729

• Laran
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
My blood sugar goes up after taking kratom. I take about 1gram using the toss and wash method and my sugar goes up 10-15 Points from where it started. I’ve tested this several times with before and after readings. I’ve read that for many people it can lower sugar. Blood sugar is weird and there really aren’t hard and fast rules about it. For example my blood sugar goes up and pretty high at high elevations like 9,000 feet. Yet, I’ve read that for some people it goes down at higher elevations. My blood sugar also goes up if I get too cold for too long and it’s difficult to bring it down in that circumstance. If you or someone you know has blood sugar issues it’s best to test before and after to see it’s effects as people can react quite differently. I test 45 min after ingesting food or supplements. I came to this after testing myself every 10 min after eating numerous times to determine when blood sugar peaked. This too can be different for different people. It takes a lot of test strips in the beginning to learn all this but it’s helpful over the long term.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24373

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3777

Nan70 wrote: I noticed that I have lost weight since using Kratom, I am guessing it helps stabilize blood sugars levels

Could also be because Kratom helps lower stress.

This forum will get some answers for sure. (c) (L) (c) :-bd

I WISH!

My appetite is so much better I have gained...but then I have been eating much more **SIGH**
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24372

• catspaw1955
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 292
thank you sir, i will go to your write up, tomorrow morning, great info too, god bless you ......catspaw1955
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24371

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1135
Kratom is used in the traditional herbal medicine of Thailand to treat diabetes. I have a blog about natural ways to reverse and prevent diabetes, Type-2, so I have heard from many kratom consumers who have gotten off their meds with the help of kratom.

There is one published medical study that seems to show that kratom helps insulin do its work, that is, it helps get sugar from the blood into our cells where it can be converted to energy. That seemed to be a very hopeful finding, but the pharmaceutical industry never followed up on it.

You can see my write-up on kratom and diabetes here: www.diabetes-symptoms-magic.com/kratom-and-diabetes.html
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga, catspaw1955

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24370

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 655
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/38-kratom-type-1-diabetes

You also may want to look into the chaga mushroom for liver support.
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24341

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3859
I noticed that I have lost weight since using Kratom, I am guessing it helps stabilize blood sugars levels

Could also be because Kratom helps lower stress.

This forum will get some answers for sure. (c) (L) (c) :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, catspaw1955

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24340

• catspaw1955
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
okay and thank you for going to find out, i have heard it lowers blood sugar, so that would be great for my mamma, thankyou georgiad.....god bless

can kratom lower or raise your blood sugars, ? 2 years 4 months ago #24339

• catspaw1955
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
okay thanks nan70, and god bless

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds