08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New to the forum, and kratom

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30659

• Junglist33
  • Junglist33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm interested in trying kratom for my many back issues which leaves me in chronic pain everyday. I don't really know where to start. Hoping to get some info since I'm pretty confused. Thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30660

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1192
Hello Jumglist and welcome to the forum.
I am going to refer to the starters guide please read through and ask any question you need.
We can help you with suggestions on strains, dosage, and vendors once you get a good background.

Starter guide- www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...-oldies#.W4TNj-gzqUn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Junglist33

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30665

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2429
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Junglist33!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Junglist33

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30668

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I hope you were able to read through some background information.
I take Kratom for spinal arthritis after two back surgeries. I have little history of prescription pain meds so I didn't have the switch over to worry about.
I started with two Red strains Bali and Borneo. I started my dose at 2 grams. I started with capsules. I bought about a two month supply.
Capsules are expensive but easier. I have since switched to powder and I just put it in a glass and mix it with 6 ounces of water. For powder dosing you need a pocket scale, one teaspoon leveled is about 2.3 grams to 3 grams, so weighing your Kratom accurately can help with not getting more of less than expected. I am at a 2.4 gram dose for night pain with the reds. And for the day I can use greens strains about 1.7 grams.

I also take turmeric twice a day and have an pretty aggressive anti inflammatory diet.

If you decide to try Kratom you first need to chose a vendor they usually can ship in 3 days or less.
This is this forum's list - www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30669

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2963
I also have back problems and I take Kratom 4 times per day (well more lately - damn I got twisted again!).

The experiment at first is to find out how your body reponds and how much, and how often is best for you to get pain control.

Nan70 has given you some really good advice. A good scale is important in my view as it is easy to let the dose creep up on you. With regular use (like me) tolerance will occur and it is pretty easy to add a little bit extra over time.

Even though tolerance can happen it still works, I would not want to be without it (especaily the last few days).

So get started (I hope you have aready) and let us know what dose and strains you find work for you.

The Kratom journey is filled with ups and downs. Do not get discouraged, just keep going. There is not much you can do wrong except buy bunk Kratom or take too much, and even then the risk is not great.

We are here to help you.

Since I cannot add much to what Nan70 has told you about Kratom, I will add my own advice for managing chronic back pain. Kratom can help BUT it will not CURE.

I use Kratom now just the way I used to use the oxycodone. To help manage pain so I can keep moving and engage in manual and nutritional therapies that are more curative.

This includes an agressive anti-inflammatory diet (Blood Type Diet) and manual therapies such as physio, therapeutic massage, chiropractic, and now osteopathy. Each of these therapies have been helpful at different times in my chronic pain journey. Since I was discharged from the pain clinic I almost NEVER see a doctor, but all these other therapists have been very helpful.

The evidence shows that physical activity and manual therapies have better outcomes for chronic back pain than anything else including surgery. Working on strengthening and stretching and moving all the muscles, joints and fascia is essential. When the back pain started I was sitting in front of a computer for long periods, then, unable to work, I had to start moving! I chose yoga (specifically because you do not need to be standing up to do yoga) and then after 2 or three years when I could stand up for longer periods I put urban pole walking into the exercise routine. Mine was an issue with alignment. YES there is pathology in there with bone spurs and scoliosis and such, BUT all the therapies and exercise have helped to straighten me out and make space in my joints. Movement aso heped to lubricate the fascia - esssential for managing myofascial pain.

Now I spend AT LEAST 10 hours a week in some sort of physical activity specifically designed to increase strength and flexibility. Kratom certainly helps me do this. I credit this activity with most of my improvement. This week I am signing up for line dancing at the senior's center! 3 years ago I could not even stand for more than 15 minutes without pain! BUT rest assured that Kratom will be on board as I move to the tune of Achey Breaky Heart!

I hope my story is informative and can help you on your chronic pain journey too.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

New to the forum, and kratom 2 months 2 weeks ago #30672

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
BTW...I take a much larger Kratom dose than Nan70.

I take 6 grams 4 times per day.

I have an opiate history...Nan70 does not.

Like all people with a history of opiates my opiate receptors are a little more difficult to satisfy and I probably have more of them!

Opiate receptors can be a little peckish!

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

New to the forum, and kratom 1 month 1 week ago #31438

• Junglist33
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I have tried a red bali from Gaia Ethnobotanicals and a Red Bali #2 from SoCal. The one from SoCal Kratom made me a bit more jittery than I liked and also caused leg pains although I took the same amount. Maybe it's not as good as the first one? I CANNOT stand anything that makes me feel wired, so I heard to stay away from the whites and greens. Also, I am currently on pain medication and not sure how to taper and move onto kratom. So far I have taken 4-6 grams at night about 3 times, and one morning I mixed some of the red bali with some of white strain (given to me by a friend who swears by kratom now) and it made me feel jittery, which I did not like. The one from Ethnobotanicals seemed to give me a restful pain free sleep for 6 hours. The Red Bali #2 from SoCal Kratom I took last night and could not fall asleep. I'm thinking of getting more of the Red Bali and possibly the Red Borneo as well. Any suggestions on a good website to get those? And strains that will not give me that jittery feeling? Thanks in advance!

New to the forum, and kratom 1 month 1 week ago #31439

• Junglist33
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Bomalley, I too have an opiate history. 6 grams seems to do the trick, but I ran out of the Red Bali given to me by a friend that gave me a restful pain free sleep for about 6 hours. My friend was taking 5 norcos a day and is down to one, 2 on a bad day, so he isn't taking as much pain medication as I am prescribed. I dont like any kind of jittery or wired feeling, so I was thinking of getting red borneo and more red bali. Do you have a favorite go to?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Last edit: by Junglist33.

New to the forum, and kratom 1 month 1 week ago #31440

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Junglist33,

White strains are best for energy. I wouldn't mix just yet until you are used to what each single leaf does for you.
I do recommend Red Borneo, Its hard to recommend strains that will not make you jittery because everyone will metabolized kratom their own way. But that does not mean I cannot try to give suggestions. Put aside Bali#2 for now until you can rule out the jitters are from the kratom or the dosing size.

My latest Red more on the sedated side was from Insense Botanicals
Red Sumatra, Red Paupa - available in one ounce sizes for sampling first.
Online Kratom-
Parvati Red Thai, Kali Red Indo
Socal- they used to have a reddit forum for customer feedback, helpful to find the latest best but it is sadly no longer.
Super Red Borneo- which was super mellow, surprisingly you would think super would be the opposite.
Not sure of the availability they turn over the kratom fast I am waiting for a restock on their zareena strain.
Other than that I had successful no jitters with some of the gold strains and most bentuangies.

New to the forum, and kratom 1 month 1 week ago #31450

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

I dont like any kind of jittery or wired feeling, so I was thinking of getting red borneo and more red bali. Do you have a favorite go to?

REDS are definitely my favourites for pain reief and I am discovering new ones all the time. Just got one called Tesla Red Thai and it worked very well - quite sedating too so may keep that for nightime use!

Canadian vendors seem to have a limited number of strains but that is improving all the time and I have noticed a big improvement in variety over the last year.

Red Borneo
Red Maeng Da
Red Vein Thai
Red Bali
Red Horn

All these work great for me for pain. Reds are the most sedating but there is some variation within them as well, especially for sedation/stimulation factors. You really do have to experiment to find the ones that work the best. This means that you may have to put up with some undesireable effects as you find your way. We have all been there.

White Horn has been especially surprising for me. For a white I find it has good pain relief and is not too stimulating. I often mix it with a red for daytime use.

I have a couple of Maeng Da strains from different vendors that I like and sometimes I mix them together too! One of them was too stimulating so I mix it 50/50 with another Maeng Da from another vendor and it works great.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds