07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Looking to kick Subutex for good

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33896

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3157
kra

I have not read the entire thread and am a bit late to the discussion but I notice that you want to be able to get off the pills you are currently taking and "be free" so that you can manage your life yourself and not have to rely on gatekeepers who currently control your access to pain medication.

Kratom can help you do this and I have often chimed in here on the forum that being in control of your own life is one of the main benefits of Kratom use. It certainly is for me.

HOWEVER, you have to take the time to do this properly and drop the judgements about chemical dependency being "bad". These emotions will impede your progress.

We try really hard on this forum to not be judgmental and encourage people to find their way. It will not be the same for everyone so it is difficult for us to give you a recipe.

There is a lot of trial and error in this and YOU are the judge of what works and what does not.

We do advise based on our own experiences to get your pills tapered down to a lower dose first before attempting the final leg of your journey. This will allow your opiate receptors to down-regulate, and if there are less of them, then you will not need to be constantly adjusting the kratom dose upwards in order to control symptoms.

You did not get here overnight, and you will not get to where you want to be overnight either.

Glad to see you are getting in a good supply of Kratom. Not only is this very practical, BUT it is emotionally calming to know you are not going to run out.

AND as always we are here to help in any way we can...even if it is just virtual hand holding - that can help too!

You also might have to accept that you will have an escalation of pain levels as this proceeds. Your pain receptors can get a little excited as the meds are withdrawan but that should settle down over time. Try not to get frustrated and make sure you get lots of rest and keep up your nutrition as well (Did I read you were supplementing with greens? good for you!)

Please allow this process to proceed and let it happen. Do not try to medicate for every symptom that comes along (I think I saw that you wanted some whites for energy.) YES...you may get tired but you can rest for that. It is just a symptom that your body is adjusting. Let it happen.

Your ILK family is not going anywhere - we are all here to help each other!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, jayisk, KRA KRA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomalley.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33897

• KRA KRA
  • KRA KRA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 78
Thank you for the advice and encouragement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33898

• KRA KRA
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks everyone!

I have a question regarding subutex withdrawal and starting Kratom right away.

I stopped taking Subutex on Wednesday of last week. That evening I took about 5grams of Red Bali. The next morning I started dosing 3grams in the morning, 6 at lunch then 6 again around 5pm.. I have not noticed or experienced a single hint of withdrawals at all. I have also had zero noticeable effects from the Kratom. Maybe some energy. I have rotated strains of all kinds the entire time also. Red Bali, red md, white borneo, green md, green bali etc

Am I just pushing the pause button on the subutex withdrawal by taking kratom right away and not allowing the actual withdrawals to start? I want to experience the kratom stopping the withdrawals to be honest. It's part of the mental thing for me and knowing that this is going to work for me.

Has anyone heard of this happening? I should be in full on terrible withdrawals, not sleeping, running nose, dizzy when looking around, stomach run off etc...I feel like I never stopped the subs...

Is this what kratom is doing or is my real withdrawals just on hold? Im actually going to stop kratom until I go into full WD because I've got to know that I'm going to get through and over them and not just put them on hold.

Btw, I do realize that I can experience WD from kratom itself but I should be feeling the need for subutex after taking basically 16-24mg a day for 2 years and stopping with a very abrupt taper over 2-3 days.

Maybe it's just not hit me yet but honestly ive been completely through opiate and suboxone withdrawals many times and I know that within 2 full days and into the 3rd I should be going through absolute hell.

Real question: Am I just in denial, or dumbfounded, of the amazing power of Kratom?

Last edit: by KRA KRA.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33899

• Jazzfan1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 176
I think the kratom is taking care of your opioid receptors or some of them anyway. There is science about Kratoms effects on the brain.
I believe you will be helped by kratom when it comes to WD if you continue to take it.
Kratom will not solve your problems but can be used as a tool. If kratom is working for you why so many doubts?
You can do what you set your mind to.
Good Luck...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, KRA KRA

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33913

• KRA KRA
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I am just in shock that it is completely curbing ALL my symptoms. I am only doubting because I am new to Kratom and uneducated. That questioning comes from just not knowing how powerful it is against opiate withdrawals. Thanks again for everything everyone. I've taken some sub the past few days and I'm going to stop tonight or tomorrow so I can allow my withdrawals to start before starting Kratom this time. I guess you can say i'm experimenting with it to see how it works. It is very interesting to me and I'm so very excited to be seeing these benefits that my Wife is also experiencing when she has taken Kratom a couple times since I purchased it.

By the way, I have now bought many different Strains from many companies and have a good variety on hand to be able to switch up daily as desired.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33914

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2765
From what I have been TOLD by others on subs, they stay in your system for weeks after you’ve stopped taking them.

I wouldn’t worry about upcoming discomfort. Kratom is NOT THAT EFFECTIVE. You just haven’t gotten sub use decreased enough. Ideally you use one OR the other while decreasing subs, THEN JUST KRATOM and you’ll be able to withdraw without complete and total misery.

The above is only what I’ve been TOLD.

Definitely keep in touch, like journaling, here. You will have a LOT to share with others lurking and members as well.

For example, please share sub dose and whether or not kratom is used that day. Kratom dose is too individual to be helpful to others.

Wishing you peace and freedom from subs.

I look forward to following your progress if you do share.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33916

• jayisk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
I'm a little confused..,if i read you comments correctly. You said you completely stopped taking subs and used the kratom and you didn't feel any withdrawals symptoms.
Then the other comment you said you have been taking subs for the past few days?
I did a very slow taper off subs over about an 8 month period. All the way down to .25. Usually with subs you can get down to 2mg but that is where the trouble begins if you just stop there.

I was unaware of the true benefits of kratom until recently. And have been off opiates and subs for a couple of yrs.
But it seems from what i've read is the kratom is to subs as subs is to opiates. Meaning that when you stop subs start taking the kratom to avoid withdrawals. If you do it correctly if you stop kratom at some point you will not experience the sub withdrawal.

Other members with experince will need to explain it better to you than i can since i haven't went off subs to kratom. So i am not sure if you need to wean down you dose on subs first or just start kratom.

Also not sure why you would want to experience sub withdrawal if you said the kratom worked when you completely stopped taking the subs. i'm aware you cant take either subs or opiates with kratom because they will overpower the kratom.
but i dont see why you cant take it the next day after you stop to work on the withdrawals from subs.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33922

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 317
From what I’ve read about other accounts pertaining to these meds your getting off of .... down regulating your receptor sites by weaning off of the subs will make it so u don’t have to take so much kratom, but by all means take the amount you need to get relief when your going through it and need that help, just keep in mind that finding the amount that gives you relief while trying to keep it to just that will help in the long run of not building a big tolerance to Kratom, but I’d say that’s just a consideration , because Kratom in my opinion is the safer and best choice to use in place of subs. I’ve been off pain meds for 6-1/2 years without the help of Kratom, getting off my depression/ anxiety meds was made bearable with the help of Kratom.

It works as you’ve experienced and I’m amazed to this day 1-1/2 years later that my symptoms have subsided with my Kratom regimen,

Much love and good luck

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33925

• KRA KRA
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I know what I said was somewhat confusing. I was off sub for 5 days and experienced zero withdrawal effects as I took kratom ther night I stopped sub and daily during that period. I took some again yesterday and today because I want to actually start withdrawal before starting kratom. I know that sounds dumb but I want to see how much the kratom can curb the withdrawals I would normally be experiencing.

Last edit: by KRA KRA.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 1 month 1 week ago #33930

• Jazzfan1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 176
Kra Kra, It sounds like you have seen how Kratom can work. I speak from experience when I say one of the hardest things to let go of is your meds that you currently have. You currently have a way to maintain by taking your subs. It is extremely terrifying to think you might loose what you have got. I had a lot of fear letting go of what I knew I could get.

Take your time. Do what you feel comfortable with. The day will come when Kratom is preferred over Pharmacy meds. Until that day comes we are here to support you.

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds