07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Looking to kick Subutex for good

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34630

• KRA KRA
  • KRA KRA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 91
By the way, did we mention CONGRATS ON DAY THREE!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34632

• Structure0110
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
I dont have any sub left to take even if I wanted to. That makes me feel scared if the RLS starts to happen to me. I'm doing good so far. I just feel a little off. I agree the sub doctor is a scam. They dont tell you about the awful withdrawal you will go through when you quit. They also dont even try to get you to go off it. Hell they just let you take it forever if you want.

It is a money making scheme. It did help me get clean from the other stuff, but then I was hooked on subs. 260 dollars a month to go there. I cant do it anymore.

I have to go back to work in 4 days. Full time job. I am worried a little about that. I feel like I can probably do it. I guess I wont have a choice lol.

Again I really appreciate everyone cheering me on, and giving me advice. It's really making me feel better because I dont have anyone to talk to about this. You all rock!! B)

Last edit: by Structure0110.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34633

• KRA KRA
  • KRA KRA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 91
Don't fear the RLS. That experience was from when I did not have Kratom! That was what it was like when I came off Tramadol and then if I ran out of Suboxone.

Now with Kratom I have only had one mild night of RLS and the next night after that I was able to avoid it by taking a potassium supplement tablet and taking some melatonin. Worked perfect and I slept fine.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34634

• Structure0110
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ok I hope I can make sure to not run out.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34637

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 6215
I hope you will learn as I did that FEAR, itself, is an unfamiliar and SCARY emotion IN LARGE PART because opiates including subs BLOCK those emotions from properly functioning! Along with the other emotions.

During this time, your emotions are likely ALL OUT OF WHACK already. Part of staying addicted is from the instinctual FEAR OF FEELING and FEAR OF WITHDRAWAL drives many people to suicide.

Discomfort is not managed properly in the addicted brain.

Try to relax and review your spontaneous thoughts and you’ll notice they are going CRAZY in your head. That is the brain’s nervous system responding to a lack of subs.

It has been my experience as I’m in my second year of recovery from drugs and alcohol, that my spontaneous thoughts and instinct to act is ADDICTION fueled. I still have to stop, review that thought, and THEN probably dispose of it!

Now I’m not accusing anyone of anything except the drugs DO THIS TO THE BRAIN and during the healing process, it’s important to let those thoughts come - and go. You’ll have a few days of haywire thinking as new cells make unfamiliar connections.

My brain was resistant to repairing properly and CRAVED the opiate. The beauty of kratom is it temporarily BLOCKS that craving, therefore allowing proper healing to continue without more opiates being necessary.

It’s much FASTER in the brain than it was for me to write that paragraph.

KRA KRA has definitely been reminding you that this detox will not be fraught with near the depression and other challenges you FEAR, very naturally.

These drs have SOME NERVE putting people on MORE ADDICTING medications to “cure” the epidemic.

You’re doing GREAT, Structure0110!
Laurie

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34643

• Structure0110
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I did have a major fear of the withdrawal. It was scary to think life wasn't going to slow down just so I can get better. The withdrawal last a very long time, and I would still have to do everything I normally do.

I'm doing good now. Im not feeling to scared of it, and I'm trying to relax! I hope tommorow goes even better than today. I'll admit I had some bad points today.

Thank you Laurie, and everyone else who is helping me along through this. I am learning lots of new stuff. It really does help me a lot!!

Last edit: by Structure0110.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34646

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 6215
Nobody said this is easy! No WAY. The really hardest part is STARTING and STAYING ON TRACK for the first two weeks. Kratom all but guarantees success, in my opinion.

Please share what you ended up ordering today unless you already did (I’m just checking in).

The mind and expectations can make it SO MUCH WORSE than it need be.

You’ll be helping us calm more people before you know it.

Thanks for being WILLING TO ACCEPT ADVICE. I had trouble with that, too! :-)

You’ll be in some discomfort during nighttime simply because it’s nearly impossible to rest properly for about the first 3 weeks. Really RESTFUL stuff. But I have had the joy of training my own Mom as well as others that pain and discomfort are VERY DIFFERENT. That distinction has helped me locally with helping people stay clean as well (without kratom. Open minds are slow in coming out in the real world).

You sound MUCH BETTER and I bet your day was more challenging. The rest is steady as she goes. Dose as needed. Repeat.

You’ve GOT THIS!
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34649

• Structure0110
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I am so happy I found this forum. Everyone here is so great, and insightful. That will definitely help me stay on track during this hard part.

I was going to order some, but I accidentally took a super long nap. I guess I must have needed it. I want to look into ordering the kava from pdo tommorow, and maybe that 45 dollar sampler pack they have.

I am sleeping ok so far, but it's not for really long periods of time. Its maybe 4 hours at most. It's not a problem now since I'm off work. It might be bad if it doesn't get better before I go back to work.

I work night shift, so I have to try and sleep during the day. I'm sure it will be ok. I am excited to be over this someday. I am also worried about how Post Acute Withdrawal might affect me. I took subutex for 6 years (Really bad, I know).

I cant say it enough Thank you again, and I cant wait till I can help people too someday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34652

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3559
just a reminder for us all....emotions happen!

Sometime when substances are involed we get used to being numb....hell sometimes we take substances so we CAN be numb!

SO just remember that emotions will happen and they are OK. It is quite human to "feel" something. Feeling is actually what makes us humans....and those emotion are OK.

People have reported that Kratom helps to even out the roller coaster of emotions, so it flattens out quite a bit, BUT it will not make you numb.

So if you are not used to "feeling" anything or if your emotions scare you, just be prepared to feel a little bit more as the drugs leave your system.

Taking care of yourself is paramount in this whole process. It is OK to NOT do anything. It is OK to just sit and have quiet moments of reflection. It is OK to take things one day at a time....even one hour at a time if that is what it takes, because taking care of yourself is the most important thing you can do...especially if you have people in your life that you look after.

You are no good to anyone if you do not take care of yourself.

AND that FOLKS is my pep talk for today!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Looking to kick Subutex for good 6 months 1 week ago #34654

• Structure0110
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
The scary thing to me was that taking subutex made me have like no emotions. I didn't like that at all! I am ready for them to come back!!

I know it's not going to be easy. It's still early in the process. I will take it a day at a time or even an hour like you said. Thanks for awesome advice bomalley!! I appreciate you.

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds