07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34530

• BBHwithMS
  • BBHwithMS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey all!
I’m Meg - I’ve had MS for the past 12 years. Two years ago I came off all perception medications and began using cannabis, CBD, diet and exercise to manage my disease and it’s symptoms. Over the past few months Kratom has come up in conversation so I have begun to research. Would LOVE to hear from others with Multiple Sclerosis (or similar auto-immune conditions) that are using Kratom - Red or Green? Dosing?

Looking forward to learning!

Additional question - can one grow Kratom in the Pacific Northwest climate? I’m all about trying to grow my own medicine eventually:)
Sending good vibes,
BBH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34531

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1850
Hello welcome to the forum BBH.
I take Kratom for spinal arthritis I am benefiting from the anti inflammatory properties of kratom as well as stress reduction and over all pain relief. I also use diet and exercise and take no NSAIDs or prescription medicines. Only taking Kratom along with turmeric,moringa, green tea, ginger daily. With diet of leafy greens, msm rich foods along with other botanical herbs.

I will start you off with some links to read through and if you need any specific questions that need answering please ask. Also quality kratom is very important so I will link vendor information.
We will help you decide if you want to take the kratom plunge and get you set with deciding on how to take kratom, how to select and buy quality kratom.
My quick tips-
Read up on constipation/digestive issues
For taking powder a scale is useful for accurate dosing.
Drink plenty of fluids with kratom its dehydrating.

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...-oldies#.XF5IEVxKiUn

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-vendors

I am not sure if anyone is taking specifically for MS here on this forum. My daughter uses kratom occasionally to manage lupus flares. I hope to see more replies soon.

you can also check out here www.facebook.com/groups/PROACTIVE2/?ref=bookmarks (Kratom Consumer Advocacy and Support (An AKA sponsored group) if no one here has MS. The group members there might be able to help.
This forum we can discuss more without the Facebook police.

Most pain management start out with Red strains. The low starting dose on average is 2 grams but this is unique to individual metabolism.

I think kratom is best grown in southern areas, we have some growers here hope they can chime in.

I think I covered most of your initial concerns a bit disorganized but thats me.

You will be welcomed shortly by more eloquent writers and wonderful human begins.

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Jazzfan1, BBHwithMS

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34534

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 3254
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, BBHwithMS!

You arrived during an exciting time as this forum looked quite different a week ago. Huge website facelift and many more buttons and options!

Bless our Nan70 for everything she provided! She is a true gift! There are more special gifts/members here, but I also am unaware of anyone else with MS as of yet. Kinda shocking to me, now that you mention it.

I’m glad you found us. Someone had to be first. :-). You’ll be able to help so many others that peek in here with curiosity about the possibilities for those with MS. Kratom is becoming more we’ll known with each day now. The more misinformation I’m the media, the more people get suspicious and stop in here. It’s going to be particularly important for you to keep posting now and then on your thoughts if you decide to try it. It does require some commitment for a while as you get the hang of it. After a good month of self-experiments (we can guide you on a safe journey. It’s not as scary as it appears at first), you’ll know if it will be a helpful tool for you and potentially other MS sufferers poking around on the Internet.

So glad you’re looking into giving kratom a shot at improving your quality of life. That’s great!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, BBHwithMS

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34544

• BBHwithMS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nan!

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the useful information. Looking forward to learning and then sharing what I learn with my readers! Always exciting when I come across something that might potentiallly make living with this crazy messed up disease a little more bearable:).

Cheers!
Meg
Sending good vibes,
BBH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34545

• BBHwithMS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Laurie!

Thanks for the welcome! I am for sure going to give Kratom a shot. Having come off all my prescriptions and slowly begun exploring using cannabis and CBD I know all about going slowly and giving it time. Super excited to begin experimenting and find what strains will do what for my numerous issues. Spent the better part of my day yesterday researching and reading and I feel I am well equipped to take the plunge! Now I just have to wait for the damn snow to clear so I can get to my local smoke shop - which is one of the sources that suggested I look into Kratom. (Love them!)

I willl be blogging about my experience - both on my site as well as on Everyday Heatlh, who I write for a few times a month. I don’t know much about how this site works yet but I would be more than happy to share if there is a place to do that - and if sharing posts is allowed.

Again, thank you for the welcome!

Cheers!
Meg
Sending good vibes,
BBH

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34546

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1850
Hi Meg,

Actually smoke shops are rarely recommended here, they tend to have lesser quality kratom and much much more expensive. This doesn't mean your shop near you will be sub par but I would ask around, I guess you have recommendations for this shop? There are a few Kratom store fronts around that are botancial shops that also sell online. Like Pa botanicals has a store in Pa. they sell kratom and other botanicals. Rob from Insense has a store front in Ca. They are not smoke shops. a few in NY and Sunstone Organics from OR.

Laurie is the one to ask about sharing your blog here, I am not sure about rules. I know Paul Kemp has an excellent blog.( Diabetes-Symptoms-Magic ) There have been excellent articles lately_ Laurie can I link them occasionally in general discussion for comments??

If you have any info on using CBD oil we would love to hear about it.

There is a ton of reading material on Kratom if you need anything more focused let us know.

Best
Nancy
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34552

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Hi Nan70,

I have no idea if you can link the blog and or any other blog. But I don’t see why not! There’s no rule about it. I suspect you’d have to re-link a lot over time.

But. You’re more tech savvy than I am. Give it a try: that’s how I learn stuff, lol
Laurie

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34554

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Additionally, I ALSO don’t recommend your journey include untested smoke shop “mystery kratom”. Even in the cute, fancy packaging, the SOURCE of product is vague. Experience is that strength is not standard with the alkaloids we need to fully benefit. The theory I have personally (no proof) is the smoke shop “mystery” kratom is from the vast amounts of trees that get harvested and then come to find out that the batch of trees do NOT carry the alkaloids for our vendors. So it’s sold at lesser expensive prices to HUGE volume buyers. It’s a great deal of $aving$ to get actual tons of it shipped here.
Though your smoke shop sounds like they care about you personally, please do yourself a favor and only shop for your CBD/cannabis as per usual with them and let us guide you to proper sample options for your experience.

Nothing personal about ANY smoke shop. They know not what they’ve got. They only know what their markup is. Some rare exceptions are those with a passionate kratom user at the counter. If they know which vendor produced their product, please check it out online. The usual kratom from smoke shops has a name that cannot be matched with a source by googling. That’s your first clue that it could be from ANYWHERE and the high price does not reflect quality like it does in a transparent market (see APPROVED VENDORS).
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34566

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 904
I wrote a series of articles for Natural News blogs about kratom's uses for MS, Lupus, Dementia, Fibromyalgia and more. Here's one with testimonials from the kratom community: www.naturalnewsblogs.com/ms-swank-diet-kratom/

You can find the others by going to www.naturalnewsblogs.com and typing "Paul Kemp, kratom" into the search box.

The "Swank Diet" is also worth looking into. It has produced some notable remissions, but the medical industry has ignored it.

Hope this helps!
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70

New here, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Considering adding Kratom to my routine 2 months 1 week ago #34587

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3277
BBHwithMS

If there is no one here that can help you with your questions regarding Kratom and MS perhaps you will become our resident expert?

We are all mad scientists when it comes to Kratom because there is very little science to inform us about best practices.

The good news is that te safety profile is excellent so we can all fee free to experiment for ourselves.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds