Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kratom and hair loss 5 months 2 weeks ago #50414

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1948
Hey ratbone,

Ya know , there’s some folks who’ve thought that taking kratom will lead to thinning hair ... idk the answer to that .
I’m almost 40 yo and noticed a slight thinning in my hair a couple of years ago. Been utilizing the leaf for about 3 years now ...

I also have always had thick hair all my life. My father was going bald long before 39, so it’s possibly hereditary.... I’ve thinned a little bit and thought maybe kratom might be a contributing cause , looks like my hair hasn’t gotten any thinner , but actually thicker since I started to thin out some .
It’s a bummer when this happens no matter the cause , and who knows , maybe taking more kratom than is really needed may be a factor ... or perhaps it is just the progression of age ..Or Other underlying issues like Laurie mentioned.?

I’m sorry your experiencing this and look forward to hearing what your doc says .

Laurie made a really good point ... don’t mention kratom as a possible cause till he/ she has gone through the other possibilities.

Getting a overall check up isn’t a bad idea , bloodwork and all ..

Sending you the best your way (L)

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom and hair loss 5 months 2 weeks ago #50412

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
Hi Ratbone!

This is unfortunate news, but I’m glad you’re seeing your dr. I would like to suggest you leave kratom use near the end of your consultation with your dr because otherwise the dr will immediately dismiss all other possible reasons for hair loss and will just say to quit kratom use - duh. Like you, I’d definitely quit if it IS the reason. But I would wish for a more extensive evaluation than just the opposite possibility that you have already concluded as a possible cause. I dunno much, but I wish for you to get some lengthier blood tests because it could also be a reflection of another illness or deficiency and the dr won’t bother doing that stuff for you if kratom is already blamed right out of the gate.

Just my opinion based on experience (I’m old, lol).

I’ll be praying for you on this. Nobody ever comes back with ultimate findings, so we’ve only had suspicions posted. Results of quitting kratom AND other changes will likely be helpful for you and we can all learn a lot from you if you return after you see your dr.

Finally, I hope you’ll consider having a phone call appt or over Skype/Zoom visit with your dr to get moving on this prior to whenever things return to “normal”. I’ve had that done with my dr and it was helpful! They would appreciate you have your BP to note during the visit. You can use your home/portable machine or visit your pharmacy to use the machine there and WASH HANDS AFTER USING IT (which has ALWAYS been a good idea following any activities involving touch pads).

This is merely a suggestion. My dr was anxious to return to work and even my chiropractor is starting to schedule visits again! Although everything requires extreme awareness of what we are doing (wash hands enough? Touch face a lot?), your health is important and YOU MATTER despite the pandemic.

Best wishes!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Kratom and hair loss 5 months 2 weeks ago #50410

• Ratbone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I've tried taking every vitamin and mineral out there. I already take moringa powder regularly. I have been on kratom for nearly 4 years and just over the past year noticed that my hair is very thin in the front. I have always had thick hair, as does everyone else in my family. I plan on checking with my Dr to see if it can be hormonal. The only other thing it could be is kratom. I will be very sad if I have to quit kratom - will probably get an antidepressant from Dr to replace it - but would rather quit then keep loosing my hair at this rate. Unfortunately, I have to wait for Covid to subside before I can go to the doctor for less serious concerns such as my recent hair loss. Anyways, just thought I'd share what my experience has been with kratom and hair loss. I am fairly convinced there's a correlation, it just took a few years to see. I will update if my Dr says otherwise.

Good luck to you finding answers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Kratom and hair loss 1 year 2 months ago #42416

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4047
These links-
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/introduce-yourself/6916-...start=0#.XVMbNuhKiUk

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/introduce-yourself/5045-...start=0#.XVMbsuhKiUk

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discussion/6032-w...start=0#.XVMb7OhKiUk

The two people that have replied have a full head of hair and have complained openly about annoying humidity and too much fluff. This does not mean we are not behind you I think we would all feel a bit terrified to find our mops of hair in the tub drain.

Jesting aside.

Hormonal conditions including menopause, vitamin D deficiency, auto immune diseases are known causes of hair loss genetics aside.
If you are going to continue Kratom use rule out other causes.

Suggestions to encourage hair regrowth
Moringa powder. It grew my bottom eye lashes back in.
You may have certain vitamin deficiencies find a supplement that would cover the main hair health. Vitamin D, A, C. Biotin and folic acid.

Wish you well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Nan70.

Kratom and hair loss 1 year 2 months ago #42415

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi again kristy7366! I’ve been away from WiFi most of the day today. I did a SEARCH under ‘hair’ and found lots of unrelated discussion. Not sure how long this WiFi access will last...but I tried looking under, ‘hair loss’ and got this discussion and some others you might find helpful:
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/introduce-yourself/6916-...-hair?start=10#33410
Also, I’ve seen the topic discussed on AKACHAT recently. Do a SEARCH on that website. Its a forum tied to the American Kratom Association ( www.americankratom.org ) where advocates are plentiful and more discussion can be found.

I cannot do the web surfing for you, especially today with spotty WiFi service, but I’m anxious to help. Definitely don’t bother looking under just ‘hair’ because that is too broad of a category. Search under ‘hair loss’ and drop back in to share HOW YOU ARE DOING, Thanks!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and hair loss 1 year 2 months ago #42406

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, kristy7366!

Discontinue kratom use would be the first thing. Also do some SEARCHES on this website use the SEARCH button and look up ‘hair’, for example. I’ve seen the topic on other forums more than here. So far, there is not enough science on kratom to know if that is even caused from kratom use, but if you are certain, STOP USING KRATOM while you research the issue. No conclusions have been reached here. We would appreciate if you keep us posted on your recovery process, please.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and hair loss 1 year 2 months ago #42399

• kristy7366
  • kristy7366's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've tried everything. What is the answer to stopping the hair loss from using kratom??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds