09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.

TOPIC: Kratom and alcohol.

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43300

• Big Dee
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73

Laurie wrote: Good move. For THIS PROCESS (not that you asked me), dosing more frequently is ideal instead of big doses with long periods in between. Like when you wake up with symptoms of discomfort (way less than withdrawal, yay), have some within reach so you can take more and lie right back down.

I still felt unrested for much of the time during the first couple of weeks, but I think it’s more likely that kratom keeps me awake, no matter what color or strain.

In short, take AS OFTEN AS NEEDED and no worries about tolerance. Those smaller doses get MORE PLEASANT as the opiate leaves your body (in most cases).

That's a beautiful thing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43299

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3942
big dee.

I am truly so happy for you! getting the hang of it already! once you know your typical reactions for the strain colors its all fun from here.. natures cure is a perfect example. their red borneo I can use for day. mix it with a white for pain relief and energy.

or insenses fuzzy dragon with a good green pain reliver/ energizer like green hulu or mang da. when I have to wake up early ( or try to sleep in a bit before work ) ill measure my dose and let it sit overnight. gulp it down before I get ready. give it about a half hour fourty five or so. if I didn't take enough ill take a bit more before I head out to work. but yes its constant tweaking. strains. companies. it is fun if you make it your new normal to feel normal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Big Dee

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43295

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Absolutely agree with Laurie ... dose as often as needed ...

For when you are passed the transition off opiates, that’s a good time to keep an eye on doses and amounts...

I dose 3-5 x a day .... usually 5 x...... and 9/10 times it’s
2 tsp every dose.... one dose every 4 hrs ... sometimes longer!!!

For some folks that’s considered a lot ..... but that’s what works best for me .....

Finding great vendors to rotate helps tremendously with keeping your alkaloid palate from getting burnt out on a particular strain or vendor ...

Good job BigDee!!!!!
Kratom is just a miraculously awesome herb!!!!!
I’m all smiles to hear that you like kratom and found some sweet relief !!!

Take care brother (L) =D>

Brandon

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43294

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8690
Good move. For THIS PROCESS (not that you asked me), dosing more frequently is ideal instead of big doses with long periods in between. Like when you wake up with symptoms of discomfort (way less than withdrawal, yay), have some within reach so you can take more and lie right back down.

I still felt unrested for much of the time during the first couple of weeks, but I think it’s more likely that kratom keeps me awake, no matter what color or strain.

In short, take AS OFTEN AS NEEDED and no worries about tolerance. Those smaller doses get MORE PLEASANT as the opiate leaves your body (in most cases).
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Big Dee

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43293

• Big Dee
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder

Laurie wrote: Congratulations! Now that you BELIEVE, trust the leaf! I also find the leaf more helpful than meds and booze after 45 years of them.

This thread has been a joy to read. Your discovery gave me the biggest smile, Big Dee.

Thank you for posting as you go.

Sleeping will be a challenge at times - at least that was difficult for me.

Withdrawal will be almost undetectable with these lower doses (kratom offers more pleasant side effects at these lower doses. Very counterintuitive).

I was using a spoon out of the silverware. My Wife introduced me to a exact tsp. Took a small dose of the red just to make sure I don't go into pain overnight. I don't want to wake up in pain and be tempted for a pill.

Started to sweat a little, feeling better think I will be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, michele373

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43291

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8690
Congratulations! Now that you BELIEVE, trust the leaf! I also find the leaf more helpful than meds and booze after 45 years of them.

This thread has been a joy to read. Your discovery gave me the biggest smile, Big Dee.

Thank you for posting as you go.

Sleeping will be a challenge at times - at least that was difficult for me.

Withdrawal will be almost undetectable with these lower doses (kratom offers more pleasant side effects at these lower doses. Very counterintuitive).
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Big Dee

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43285

• Big Dee
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: I used to take 1 Tbs doses ...
Now I take 2 tsp ....
more isn’t more better with kratom ....kind of cool like that!!

That’s great you found some relief, remember to stay hydrated and find the lowest dose amount to get you there... tolerance is a real thing and it’s frustrating to deal with... keep it minimal(1-3 times a day , 1-2 tsp perdose) and you’ll get more out of it ..... thx for checking in (L)

Yes I agree, 1 or 2 tsp is plenty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, michele373

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43283

• Big Dee
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: I used to take 1 Tbs doses ...
Now I take 2 tsp ....

That’s great you found some relief, remember to stay hydrated and find the lowest dose amount to get you there... tolerance is a real thing and it’s frustrating to deal with... keep it minimal(1-3 times a day , 1-2 tsp perdose) and you’ll get more out of it ..... thx for checking in (L)

Don't even want to take a drink of alcohol. Scared it will ruin what the leaf is doing for me. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43281

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I used to take 1 Tbs doses ...
Now I take 2 tsp ....

Kratom and alcohol. 8 months 2 weeks ago #43277

• Big Dee
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder

Laurie wrote: I wouldn’t recommend such a high dose. Especially if you aren’t switching meds. But, sounds like you’re off to a good start! That’s all that matters :)

I agree on the dose Laurie, I'm thinking one tablespoon would of been fine. I took my last does of prescribed meds at 5 AM. After the katrom I would be frightened to take any, it's been a long time since I felt this good.

Gave me a attitude adjustment happy feeling, so far no pain and have way more ambition. Hopefully I will not withdraw and if I do I'm going to fight it.

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds