07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me?

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44119

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3284
Welcome to the forum,

Kratom is subjective to individually chemistries, recommendations come with a what works for me might not work for you warning.
But you are doing well so far on greens I would expand your green arsenal definitely. Rotation can revolve around the same strain color. I use a scale to dose you might consider that to help knowing exactly how much you are taking and its a great tool for the less is more theory. Its a way to visually see that you used less even in tiny amounts like 400 mg less and prove to your mind less worked.

Dosing is also very individual. Use quality of life and responsible use to guide that.

I dose Green in the morning- I rotate different ones each day I expect kratom to work 4 hours at least. On average my chosen strains last 5 to 6 hours.
I dose Reds at night. I allow the break through pain between doses but I will booster dose if I am bad or take other botanicals.

I am treating spinal arthritis, but I also benefit from the stress and anxiety relief.

Edit ** if I find anything interesting on libido I will be back with a link. This forum has knowledgeable supplement users also if any problems arise(or not ;) ) we could make great suggestions.**
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, RagnarsFury40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nan70.

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44120

• RagnarsFury40
  • RagnarsFury40's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
This is an awesome reply. I'm in a similar situation- we have 3 kids still living at home so we need to schedule "dates" to be together. I have had a few issues with getting and maintaining erections while on Kratom but I don't know if it's actually from the Kratom or it's in my head. I have general anxiety disorder so I would lean towards it all being in my mind- which sucks because if you lose confidence once then it can bleed in to the next time. My problem is I over think everything and am always in my head. I've started to mediate 15 minutes each day to see if it helps and I've seen some minor improvements.

Curious- when you say you sleep naked is it due to kratom related night sweats? I'm excited to get my new batch of kratom next week because I'll have not had it for 8 full days so my tolerance should be minimal and I can start over the right way. Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44121

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7640
Congratulations on a fresh start!

I have one male friend whom it affected his “libido” and testosterone levels quite dramatically. It was not a problem because he was in a non-intimate marriage.

Kratom helped him with many challenges and he eventually got divorced and definitely had issues with dating. He now takes a testosterone supplement (which many humans need just from aging) and uses almost zero kratom now to keep his life full of fun.

So it’s not necessarily “in your head” completely but that constant “in your head” issue is not healthy and it’s very good to know you’re trying to work on that.

You might have your dr test your testosterone levels and maybe a supplement would be helpful.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat, RagnarsFury40

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44125

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3687
I agree with Laurie, and I’m sure that to some level my own testosterone has lowered since I’ve gotten a little bit older… Is that from Creighton? I don’t think so but possibly... what I meant by sleeping in bed naked and being in bed before bedtime means that if you’re feeling a lower and libido for any reason just being naked with your partner can stir up some pretty good things and cause for some good times LOL… I don’t get the night sweats, my last dose of the day is in the evening 9 o’clock… I don’t have any bowel issues, the one thing I notice is when I’m doing my work As a plumber I sweat more than I think is common ...Kratom is partially to blame for that… But I don’t have night sweats, maybe I did a couple times when I first started taking it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44126

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1430
I'd comment about libido but I'm really not up for it. :woohoo: :ohmy: :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Nan70, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44140

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3284

danke schoen! perfect comic timing, I have been successfully cheered up.
Sending kisses Don, sorry Liz its all very friendly. I've been dragging all day. After my morning dose wore off had the worst pain flare up, headaches and then mental stress set in. Life events catching up. I am taking a mix of Red Borneo and Red Maeng da and feeling ready to rest.

Anyone looking for a lift can check out information on
Dodder Seed Powder
Iporuru
Goldleaf Botanicals carries both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Nan70.

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44142

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3693
The real challenge in answering the question does Kratom affect libido? is that the conditions people treat with Kratom ALSO affect libido. So it is hard to identify the root cause of sexual dysfunction.

Mood disorders and pain are the most common conditions people self treat with Kratom and they can both contribute to decreased libido and sexual response.

If you have an opiate history then that might contribute to lowered testosterone (look up opiate induced androgen deficiency OIAD).

I certainly had that effect from the 3 years on oxy ... oh and BTW, low testosterone also contributes to chronic pain.

So lots of reasons to be concerned about testosterone levels.

I am very glad I got my hormones re-balanced ...everything works just fine (well we are still working on the thyroid)! AND I am still taking Kratom 4 times per day. Total daily dose is around 28 grams.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by bomalley.

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44151

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 313
It is hard to say what is right with kratom. I waded into Kratome slowly with plenty of anxiety about addiction potential. I've seen some you tube videos that were pretty negative and I also went to Reddit. Both not really helpful.
I did discover that a lot of the really bad stories came from people with addiction issues who were taking large doses. This forum has been very helpful to me in managing Kratom as my medication.
I take it for back pain and also anxiety/depression. I take two grams in the morning.
On occasion I take an afternoon dose, but that is maybe a couple times a week.
I have decreased my Zoloft dose thanks to Kratom. Any substance you take for a long time will cause discomfort when you suddenly stop.
My first choice is the dark red Mengda from Golden Leaf. My current favorite is their Green Elephant.

There is a section on this forum of approved vendors and many members post reviews. Also, vendors run sales and will post them here.

Like others, I was concerned about the legal situation with Kratom. So I stocked up and probably won't need to buy any for qiuite a while. It their is a Zombie accopolypse and anyone can't get Kratom, come to my house. I'll pull our my stash.

Try not to worry too much. You know your weakness and are obviously seeking support and information to keep out of trouble, so you are doing the right thing.

Also, check out some of the posts where people discuss other herbs that can be taken to provide some of the Kratom benefits. It helps when you want to slow down to have a replacement for a particular quality that you get from Kratom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44154

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7640
I forgot to mention that my friend with libido issues ALSO had a recent/ongoing history of abusing opiates while using kratom. It’s not commonly helpful for pain to use both, but he did.

He quit the opiates, then had his testosterone levels checked and then he all but quit kratom as well.

Kratom is always the first thing people blame when ANY health issue arises. I always suggest people discontinue kratom use if they believe it is “causing” any health concern. You can always restart kratom after addressing underlying health concerns.

Like Kemppaul mentioned on another thread, nutrient deficiencies are rampantly common these days and supplements besides kratom can be used to correct the problem.

Sorry I forgot about the opiate contribution may have affected libido.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

I want to use Kratom the right way. Can you help me? 1 month 3 weeks ago #44155

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1430
Thank you Nan. :x :x >:D >:D
Liz isn't jealous. She knows I only have eyes for her. :cheer: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'll have to get some of the Dodder Seed Powder. I already have Iporuru but I won't take any while my babe isn't in the mood. :(
Her spirits were starting to lift as she was feeling a little better each day with the healing from the tumor surgery.
Butttt Sunday night she bit into something and it broke one of her teeth all the way to the jaw. It will be removed this Wednesday :(
And our physician just let us know our blood tests show we both have 3rd stage chronic kidney disease. We have appointments to see a nephrologist next month. It really doesn't bother me but it was just one more thing that has been heaped on her and she is again very depressed. :(
Yeah. Life goes on. Long after the thrill of livin is gone. That would make a good song lyric. :woohoo: :silly: :lol:

Bev,
Thank you for the offer to share you ZAPS. Now we have Brandon and you to go to when the ZA occurs. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds