07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New here but been around for awhile

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44647

• JSchiavo
  • JSchiavo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi,
New to this forum, been active in another and on FB. I’ve been an on and off drinker of tea for over 7 years now. Mostly I use it to take breaks from my prescribed medications but I’m sick and tired of the hoops we now must go through in order to get the needed medications. I’m thinking of making the permanent switch.
I’m a 100% Disabled Vet, Total and Permanently Disabled. I’ve suffered through nearly 20 surgeries and Along with that I’ve been in the pain clinic for going on 10 years. My daily dose has been cut to the bone, and I’m barely making it. I’m sick of the Drs and the pharmacy running my life. Always have to schedule family Visits or travel around those fill dates. Be available for an Immediate call for a pill count or UA. It’s demeaning and frustrating. I’m simply tired of fighting for access when I’ve done nothing wrong.
My wife makes tea with my Kratom because my stomach can not handle all of the plant matter. She makes it every evening for the next day. For the first few days off of all meds she uses 35-38grams which makes 5-6 liquid doses for the next 24 hours. After the first 3 days we will drop the amount.
My question is:does anyone else use this as Tea instead of Toss n wash or drinking all of the plant matter?
Thank you. And I’m happy to be here.
I will not go gentle into that good night, rage rage against the dying of the light
~Dylan Thomas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, FusedFlora

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44648

• Usernametaken
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 629
:-h welcome to ILK JSchiavo! I think you’ll find lots of info on here & meet a lot of caring & compassionate people who can relate to what you’re saying. I’m sorry you’re going through such a tough time! I’m glad you’re finding some comfort using Kratom.

I sometimes make a tea but I usually toss & wash. I find that chocolate milk is good at masking the taste.

It’s criminal what the Drs. & Pharmaceutical companies created. They caused this opioid crisis by over prescribing opiates and/or handing out scripts to ppl who didn’t have real pain as though they were tic tac’s.

Now they’re taking it to the opposite extreme. They’re tapering ppl off the meds too quickly. There used to be so many pain clinics and now there’s so many rules and regulations those that need pain meds can’t get them!

In addition, they don’t want people seeking out natural alternative remedies. They want to make Kratom illegal. Their goal now is to get patients on Methadone with an even bigger push towards Suboxone.

It’s so ironic a pain clinic that I used to go to many years ago prescribed me fentanyl patches 150 mg, Also I was Prescribed 60 tablets of 2 mg dilaudid plus I had a special compound with lidocaine/ketamine/ to apply Topically for nerve damage.

I was not at the pain clinic for only neuropathy. Yes, my pain was real but I also had a history of addiction to opiates. A few years later the same practice & Drs. that had given me all those strong pain meds were/are prescribing Suboxone now. Thankfully I weaned myself off of that and found kratom a month afterwards.

Sorry if I got a bit off topic. I hope you choose to stick around. Laurie and others will be welcoming you soon.

Take Care,
Dawn
“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth”

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one”

-Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by Usernametaken. Reason: Messed up several times, LOL

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44649

• FusedFlora
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 244
First, welcome brother, glad you joined our community.

Yes, I use kratom tea about 2/3 of my doses. It's easier on the stomach, and if done right it is much more efficient to get the alkaloids out. I'll even go as far as make tea, pour into an ice cube tray and then put the cubes in my water bottle for the day (one of those big mouth nalgene bottles). That way I'm only making tea once or twice a week.

I hate the VA too, it's especially bad in the DC area. I'm outside Quantico and have to go to Andrews (1.5 hours away) for some services and Bethesda (2hours) for others.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, look forward to chatting with you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44655

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7541
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Jschiavo!

I prefer the tea when I am up to making it. Crushed leaves are invaluable for that purpose.

There are many people who can not tolerate processing the leaf matter. In excess, it’s also unwise, not recommended

Please do some reading before making the decision. Some self education is really recommended before taking the dive. Especially for those with benefits to lose as a consequence of making the switch, since the federal government officials are on the propaganda road of misinformation and prosecution of that which they do not yet understand.
You will not likely be welcomed back once you make the switch and that weighs heavy on the CARE you receive, from what I hear. Care meaning tests and such beyond meds.
There is a lot to consider in your case. But freedom is lovely!
Safe use is not easy to master and takes practice and trial and error as well - there are no shortcuts to get around that. Best wishes and we are here for you either way, judgement FREE.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by Laurie.

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44662

• Usernametaken
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 629
Laurie made some good points. I told my psychiatrist about Kratom and I saw it didn’t go over well. Though at times I was prescribed as many as 8 to 9 different medications to take daily. I had enough and fired my psychiatrist. The problem now is I have to find a new one and it’s not that easy.

I don’t recommend telling the Drs. where you get your meds that you’re taking kratom. As was previously stated there’s a wealth of inaccurate info regarding kratom. The propaganda machine is saying kratom is deadly and dangerous without scientific studies to back up their claims.

I Hate to say to be cautious about who you choose to confide in about kratom. Other patients may turn you in. I’m not paranoid just cautious for good reason. Luckily I’m not on any opiates.

Wish You the Best
“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth”

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one”

-Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by Usernametaken.

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44671

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1172
I mix mine with grapefruit juice and let it soak for 5 min
Then down the hatch
Grapefruit juice is a huge potentiator

Thanx and welcome

Insense1
Rob
:-)

New here but been around for awhile 4 weeks 1 day ago #44677

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3618
Hey brother , welcome to the family !!

I on occasion make tea , and have had some good results... but 99% I mix mine in GFJ just like Rob mentioned, the taste is great. Maybe adding some GFJ to your tea would be good ?? I’ve done this and I think it helped with potency ...

Nice to have you here , see ya around (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

New here but been around for awhile 3 weeks 6 days ago #44716

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3686
how does one manage to measure dosage when making Kratom tea?

I mean you have NO IDEA how much you are getting.

One of the keys to managing Kratom use responsible is to make sure the dose is not escalating.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

New here but been around for awhile 3 weeks 6 days ago #44718

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7541
Especially while using crushed leaf (which makes a better tea than powder - by miles). Great question. I suspect that everyday users can get a measurement system for keeping it to a minimum AFTER TESTING VARIOUS MEASUREMENTS.

I’ve had it MEASURED in commercially bottled amounts at 4 grams per and it was VERY HELPFUL and an enjoyable way to use my “medication”, but not affordable or necessarily practical. That market is still being invented for our future use! I cannot wait!

It is WORTH trial and error to figure it out and then KEEP IT THERE OR USE LESS just like powder measuring takes trial and error IN ADDITION to weighing it.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

New here but been around for awhile 3 weeks 5 days ago #44762

• victorb153
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 213
i take about a shot glass full of hotest tap water put it in a glass stir it around and it disoleves then just a splash of OJ to cool it down and swallowed it and instanyly follow it with a fresh glass of delicious OJ to wash taste out...i take some tumeric with piperine capsules . theres some new stuff ive been reading about berberine or something like that..i got to read up on.....but im down to about a 4 gram dose twice a day.. when i came off the serious opiod pain meds i was doing 8 gram doses....3-4 times a day...now i take it first thing in morning on empty stomach . mon thru friday and maybe every other night and take weekends off...Re'-Leaf LLC . releaf,us . website has never let me down always great quality...you can click on and read my old messages when i started 7 months ago...tea didnt work well for me fresh ground leaf...was best....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Last edit: by victorb153.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds