07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New to the forums!

New to the forums! 3 weeks 6 days ago #45442

• Malanob
  • Malanob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I’m coming here from reddit. The reddit mods and rules are getting insane over there. Just looking to find a place to talk kratom, give tips, etc etc. Quick kratom story! I started taking kratom in May 2018 because I was an alcoholic and it was effecting my liver. Here I am a year and some change later sober from alcohol :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, FusedFlora, dinnertime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45472

• FusedFlora
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 339

Malanob wrote: I’m coming here from reddit. The reddit mods and rules are getting insane over there. Just looking to find a place to talk kratom, give tips, etc etc. Quick kratom story! I started taking kratom in May 2018 because I was an alcoholic and it was effecting my liver. Here I am a year and some change later sober from alcohol :lol:

Welcome to our awesome community! I too struggled with being an alcoholic, so I can appreciate how kratom helps overcome drinking and helps continue sobriety.

Again, glad to have you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Malanob

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45477

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3368
Welcome to the forum

Less snark here than reddit too, less not non existent. ;)

One thing I disliked about r/kratom is when "that person" would post and down play anxiety issues as something where you need to get off the "crutches" of treating, whether it was with Kratom, nootropics, other botanicals or prescription meds and instead meditate, practice mindfulness, try controlling it by not being weak.
Anxiety is a dangerous mental disorder that sometimes is more than us mere humans are cable of handling. Many alcoholics and smokers are actually trying to self medicate.

We are a group of functional dysfunctional (again Laurie did I steal this from you?) We are non judgmental and will take on the issues of addiction vs dependence again non judgmental.

Congratulations on your sobriety hope you stay and can pass on any tips to members needing advice.

I am taking kratom to manage spinal arthritis and just passed my 2 year kratom anniversary

Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Malanob

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45480

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7992
Not sure I deserve the credit for “functional dysfunction”, but the shoe fits! LMAO
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Last edit: by Laurie.

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45482

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2840
we put the FUN in dysfunction! hehehe

glad to have you here malanob! you will like it here. ive seen a few posts on redditt. just didn't feel as 'homey' as this place. more frat boy humor. which is SO not me. im a big wise arse but a chef by trade and we are mostly nucking futs..anyway..

yes very open discussion and honest tell it like it is forum. with compassion. I drank and smoked well for about a decade. still didn't truly help. I want to self medicate on something that will help my health and my body. AND be able to work on it. I think I would pick kratom over coffee, and that's saying a lot!

im glad you found a substance that has helped you so much. congratulations on overcoming your liquid demon. I gave up all nicotine and 'smoking products' its hard when its a substance that's everywhere. I don't drink often, really rarely. cause I choose kratom over alcohol. ( together for me NO Bueno! ) my husband got off suboxone from about 10 yrs thanks to kratom. im intolerant to traditional pain meds and had a no nsaid restriction. natural alternatives was the best way to go!

please feel free to ask specific questions. if needed. we can answer from our personal opinion what vendors cant. the forum only asks that you don't advertise for vendors unless they are forum approved. but in specific rooms its fine. there are many that are in the process of getting approved from what I understand.

theres a great discount most approved vendors give us too. ranging from 10 % and sometimes specials up to 25 %! anyways.. babbling.. happy to have you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Malanob

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45487

• Malanob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey thank you! How do I know if my go to vendor is approved here :? Could I get him approved ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45490

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1187

Malanob wrote: Hey thank you! How do I know if my go to vendor is approved here :? Could I get him approved ?

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

That has the current list. Afaik a couple of other vendors have visited here and contacted Laurie and are in the process of getting approved.

I think the vendor themself would have to be directly involved. IIRC to be an approved vendor you have to do testing of your wares.

Kratom Vendors

If you are a Kratom vendor and interested in becoming ILK Forum authorized, which will allow you to have your company listed below.

Log into the forum, go to your profile and Private Message Moderator mwcrowder or Laurie. We are working on automating the process and improving our response times. Thank you very much for your understanding.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Malanob

New to the forums! 3 weeks 5 days ago #45491

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
The process has been stuck due to illness (not me) and approvals are waiting to be posted and I’m no longer sending out applications - unfortunately.

If your vendor of choice is not listed, please just discuss them at your leisure in the FIND A VENDOR / RATE A VENDOR area until I can find out how to proceed forward.

You’re welcome to post discount codes for our members on behalf of the vendor, but they should refrain from posting directly and no sending floods of reddit fans over to post their rave reviews, please.

If there’s something you are unclear on with that, just ask. I check the private messages every few days (mwcrowder is not responding to inquiries, unfortunately) and I’m happy to answer questions to help you feel comfortable posting here, Malanob.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Malanob

New to the forums! 3 weeks 4 days ago #45493

• Malanob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh ya that’s fine! I was just curious because I posted on someone’s thread yesterday and they were talking about how someone they wanted to try didn’t take credit cards or anything so I recommended the person I go to because he took cards. I didn’t know if maybe that was against the rules or not but I get what you’re saying thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

New to the forums! 3 weeks 4 days ago #45494

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Just another issue on the subject. We may have a “mole” on this site who seeks mention of credit card processing services. Many times we mention this and vendor name, within hours they lost that service. For that reason, we no longer mention who accepts credit cards. For the benefit of everyone. Sadly.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds