Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Keeping Kratom legal 5 months 3 weeks ago #50275

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
Welcome to the forum, BlueSapphire! Lots of really great support with zero judgement to be found here!

I’m definitely thinking about stopping the antidepressant and then restarting - much like restarting kratom. For now, my dr increased my dose for chits n giggles and nothing discernible has been gained from that, but it’s only been a week or so.
Right now, I had to cut back on kratom to help lower tolerance following some sampling of stronger kratom. I cannot blame that kratom sampling because my tolerance was already at “no noticeable benefit but still helpful”. Not bad. But I’m taking the opportunity to cut way back and continue the antidepressant for now. It’s actually very refreshing to be able to discontinue almost all kratom use besides a couple of grams and and 1/2 tsp of Hirsuta and feel ok. Very reassuring.

Good luck with whatever you are trying or going through. There are wonderful folks here to bounce ideas off. As you noticed earlier in this thread, for example.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keeping Kratom legal 5 months 3 weeks ago #50270

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1948
Hey blue sapphire, welcome to ILK !

I was on antidepressants for about two years and then I found Kratom, first week of taking kratom every day I realized that maybe I didn’t need my antidepressants… So I stopped cold turkey, which by the way I wouldn’t recommend anybody stopping abruptly with any meds… But I went for it and had some intense withdraws that felt worse than detoxing from opiates… Which I’ve done before as well, Kratom thoroughly helped me through the process of stopping my meds… The following week I stop my anti-anxiety meds, and for the past three years I’ve been happy out of depression anxiety levels in check and my pain reduced by 70 to 90% all depending on all sorts of factors… My issue wasn’t gaining weight or losing weight it was feeling detached from the antidepressants and also losing interest in intimacy… No Bueno! But I guess it all happened how it needed to, and it was no chance that I stumbled upon Kratom!
Stoked you found us and look forward to getting to know you, thanks for sharing (L)

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Keeping Kratom legal 5 months 3 weeks ago #50269

• BlueSapphire
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
That's interesting you gained weight on Wellbutrin, as it is known and advertised to be an antidepressant that doesn't cause weight gain, and that may even cause weight loss.
I had a similar experience as you, however. When I first began taking it I lost almost 20 lbs, was happy and energized and also on the side of manic. But after about 5 months the weight crept back on, my energy levels plummeted, I wasn't as happy as before, and it seemed as though my metabolism had just slowed down from it. So I quit and am now scared AF of all antidepressants!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 2 weeks ago #48828

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2044

Nan70 wrote: Some of those sites have F D A trolls.

But not to get off topic what about peanut butter cookies with expresso nibs
www.mustardandco.com/products/espresso-nib-peanut-butter =D>

:woohoo: peanut butter with cacao nib AND espresso beans.
I gotta get me some of that. A small jar though since it will be gone in one sitting. :whistle:

For me quitting chocolate and ice cream is far harder than it was for me quitting smoking. Was up to 3 packs a day when I got out of the army.:ohmy:
My 3 sisters and 1 brother have all quit and started back multiple times over the years. My brother and 1 sister are currently in a non-smoking cycle. =D>

Don't give up.
You can do it? :-bd
Don
Who am I to talk I still haven't quit the chocolate and ice cream yet. :dry:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 2 weeks ago #48821

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 324
You're right of course. Even the best tools are only helpful when the individual is ready to pick them up and put them to use. No shame in a false start though. It's just part of the process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 2 weeks ago #48814

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Yep yep yep. I jumped laterally from Chantix to Zyban (bupropion, probably generic Wellbutrin). I also had the extra happiness in the beginning! It was just as fun as finding the perfect kratom strain/dose/metabolism! Then, over time, it became indiscernible. That’s what is supposed to happen, unfortunately.

I’ve been able to expand my horizons more. Thanks to kratom AND my antidepressant.

Unfortunately, my immune system is very weak as I have a somewhat dormant virus ALL THE TIME. Nothing has fixed that. I still have body aches and low stamina. After an enjoyable week dog sitting, I still needed to sleep - FOR 20 HOURS SOLID.

We all have our challenges! The boyfriend just called to say he’s changed his plans and is going surfing. So I had to ask how the smoking is going (because his stamina for surfing is the driving force for his quitting). He’s quit quitting. “CUT way back, tho”.

I have been there! The “gift of desperation” is really necessary for success. Like quitting suboxone. You gotta want it MORE THAN ANYTHING or save your guilt and shame, discard it ASAP and do your best for today, ya know?

BEST WISHES with your journey when you’re ready, seven100!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 3 weeks ago #48789

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 324
If I'm not mistaken Chantix is like wellbutrin isn't it? I think it used to be anyway. The only time I stopped smoking for any extended period was when I took wellbutrin. I just laid the cigarettes down a couple weeks into taking it and didn't think of them again until I stopped taking it. I really loved that stuff. It made me so, so happy. I remember thinking about a month into the prescription 'is this how normal people feel?'. I was probably a little manic truth be told, but I don't know. I to think my baseline happiness is just a lot lower than the average person. I had to give up the wellbutrin because, as you said, the side effects were terrible. I gained weight that I couldn't lose. I was literally riding my bike an extra 15 miles per day 6 days a week, but the weight just kept piling on even though my eating habits hadn't changed. Then after 4 months my hair started falling out in handfuls. That was pretty much the last straw.

That was 10 years ago. I've never tried another anti-depressant, well except for a disastrous 3 week experiment with St. John's Wort. That stuff had a totally different effect on me than I guess it does on others. I've been thinking of trying Rhodiola Rosea, but I haven't yet. Some strains of kratom are helpful, and put a little brightness in my day. I actually value that as much if not more than the pain relief. My pain is quite moderate though.

I watched the Allen Car video tonight that Babel-17 has recommended in some other threads throughout the forum, and I think it's going to be very helpful for me. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable and resolved at this point.

Laurie, my boyfriend has said that he will quit smoking if I do, but I think that's only because he thinks that I wont any time soon. I plan to give him a huge surprise, but I will not hold him to his promise. He really doesn't smoke as much as I do and it's not causing him any problems at this point in his life. Forcing him to stop would just be sour grapes on my part. I understand that it might be hard to have a partner who is still indulging though. I hope your guy is able to kick his habit. Heck, I hope I am able to kick mine.

At this point I appreciate any and all support, so thanks Laurie. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will be able to call myself an ex-smoker too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 3 weeks ago #48788

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
>:D Nan70 :-h
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 3 weeks ago #48787

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
They’re at risk of disappearing in the night if they are not crispy. I’m particularly weak/vulnerable to the bendable cookies. :-o
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Keeping Kratom legal 7 months 3 weeks ago #48779

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4047
Some of those sites have F D A trolls.

But not to get off topic what about peanut butter cookies with expresso nibs
www.mustardandco.com/products/espresso-nib-peanut-butter =D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds