09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Keeping Kratom legal

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 5 days ago #48778

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8702
I hear you. I can totally relate to each sentence you wrote, seven100. I was a chain vaper. I met a cool new guy who didn’t want a girlfriend who is constantly vaping. I didn’t quit for him. I had zero money for the habit, so I quit for monetary reasons and fortunately my health insurance offered Chantix. Although that med also has some seriously negative side effects for about 4 or 5 weeks, it was a bit helpful. It’s been over a year now and I’m just starting to lose the weight I gained. That withdrawal process was easily similar/difficult as kicking opiates-I’ve done both. Cold turkey on both (kratom came later).

All of that said, I am SO GLAD I QUIT. Especially since I liked flavored ecigs and they are illegal because a completely different product, vaping canisters with adulterated THC was causing illnesses. It still pisses me off to not be able to get vape cigarettes. Just because the AGENDA was in support of the tobacco industry and had nothing to do with flavored ecigs. I liked the berry flavors. The AGENDA had nothing to do with compassion for those that lost loved ones from the adulterated THC canisters. Sound familiar? Yup

That said.....

It was an absolute blessing that I am FREE of that habit now.

Ironically, my boyfriend (same dude as above) has since been smoking A LOT and he’s having a difficult time but the Chantix is helping him. He’s good at hiding stuff and lying, but I am being supportive. Anyone kicking nicotine needs extra support and space!

Nicotine withdrawal is NO JOKE! Body temperature regulation is all over the place (fevers, then freezing) and everyone is annoying as hello. The cravings take about 2 solid minutes, and more!

I appreciated your post, seven100. I also find it unhelpful to be vilified for my decisions as an adult. I don’t condone vilifying others. We all have more scars and challenges than you can imagine. Some show, others are invisible.

Thanks for your post.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, jayisk, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 5 days ago #48777

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 319
Yeah, I've got to quit smoking. I have some very compelling reasons to do so, but it's still a hurdle for me. I did quit smoking briefly, of course, when I was in the hospital, and then later when I was home recovering from pneumonia. I used nicotine patches, and I guess I will use them again in the future. Just replace one delivery system with another for a while. I'm setting a date (That's pro-active right?) and trying to change the way I think about the whole thing, but I still feel like I'm being punished.

With kratom I can taper and stop when needed without feeling like I'm being punished. Obviously there's a big differnce in the two habits. My smoking is very compulsive whereas my kratom use is much more deliberate. There's also the whole 'diminished returns' thing with long term kratom use. So I know that I will get more of the benefits from the kratom after I stop for a while. Although one could argue that the same is true with nicotine.

Meh, I'm not sure what my point is other than that nicotine is real addictive, but it's sold in grocery stores nation wide right along with the products people use to wean themselves off of nicotine when they realize it's become a problem. I guess smoking gets vilified too, but it's the smoking part that people vilify, the delivery system more than the nicotine itself. At least that's how it seems to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 5 days ago #48771

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8702
Indeed! I’ve been battling a peanut butter cookie addiction for a month! Those bendable ones with peanut butter nibs! I definitely struggle to resist BUYING them AND then I crave them at 12:50 at night :-o
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 5 days ago #48760

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2100
To inject some levity, which is also relevant, I searched for and found a favorite episode of News Radio, wherein Bill and Dave dare each other to give up their vice. For Bill it's smoking, for Dave it's his huge intake of of coffee.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x5unjqi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 6 days ago #48747

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3777
Dpar2256

one of the reasons that all this negative stuff comes up about Kratom is because they use computer modelling to predict its effects.

Computer modelling is notoriously inaccurate for this type of thing.

They basically plug the molecular and other information into the computer and then the computer says that because it attaches to the opioid receptors it will have all the effects of an opioid and of course it does not.

there are many legal chemicals available that people are dependent on and caffeine is one of them. I also have gone for an entire day without Kratom with no real ill effects. BUT I do feel better if i take it regularly. Sometimes I think it is not working anymore, then when I have to go without it I realize how much it is helping!

scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vi...ing+%2B+Kratom&btnG=

Sorry .. cannot get the link to come up properly but look for the article on 'crackdown" it has an interesting paragraph on computer modelling.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by bomalley.

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 1 week ago #48726

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1067
I think much like coffee , folks who take kratom everyday will have an adjustment period when stopping ... the body has become accustomed to having it ....same thing can be said for chocolate....and really just about most foods/ herbs out there ...

I think the more frequent, higher doses and those taking extracts will have a different recalibration time frame then for folks who utilize it mindfully ... even then ,folks taking for therapeutic relief can become dependent on the benefits , but this is far from addiction .It’s not Kratom’s fault if one decides to take massive amounts without respect to the benefits Kratom can give when taking lower dosages, conversely ... Those who abuse kratom , or coffee go on about how evil that particular substance/ herb is based on their personal experience on how much they consumed it. It’s fair to mention that it’s not a one size fits all, for some kratom isn’t for them . For many ... it is :)

What we do know is that kratom touches on the MU receptor sites , where as opiates are like a lock and key on the same receptor sites .... that kratom alkaloids rest on these site and not bite into them makes this herbal option for relief many many times more safe and less likely to abuse or become addicted . ...and the fact there’s no over dosing fatality risk ... you take too much , your body rejects it via throwing up , you feel crappy and hopefully learn not to do that again . No respiratory depression either . Btw, I’ve never been sick from kratom , but I have taken more than needed in the beginning and lacked much of the positive effects of a lower dose .

Long way of saying .... I agree that it’s not a good thing talking about this beneficial and benign herb in comparison to something that truly acts with a whole diff set of effects/ mechanisms. It comes down to being responsible for ones own actions and choices,not spray painting kratom as bad because of utilizing it badly !!

Welcome to ILK, there’s no place quite like ILK!!
And thx for sharing your thoughts , I’m sure there’s many that agree and have the same sentiment! B-) (L)

I think you’ll enjoy it here , it’s like family , good people , good medicine !!!

Cheers my friend (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3

Keeping Kratom legal 3 months 1 week ago #48723

• Dpar2256
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have read on various sites about kratom where people-are talkin about Kratom withdrawals comparing Kratom to opiates and honestly I've used Kratom since 2015 and I'm a daily user of Kratom and on several occasions while waiting on my order or waiting to get paid I went 3-4 days without kratom and at the time I was taking Kratom shots the only bad effect I had I would compare to going without coffee for a few days so personally I think that the more people that talk about withdrawals the more at risk we are are people trying to ban kratom

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds