Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 3 months 4 weeks ago #51235

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1946
Give your body a break for 2 weeks and see if you still need that much.....physically....not mentally

Start with very little, increase 1 time each hour....and keep track.....you can find whats best.....too often more than what is needed..... is used

don't listen to your head....
which always says...."More is better"

I suspect a much smaller amount might do the same exact thing as that large amount you mentioned.

I am not a doctor so i will stop there.....

insense1
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 3 months 4 weeks ago #51234

• TKS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • AKA Qualified Vendor
  • Thank you received: 33
< means less than. The spec is 10,000 meaning that is the threshold. So <10,000 is saying less than 10,000 total coliforms. That could mean 500 or it could mean 9,999.

We do not post our labs directly from the multiple labs we use. They have been stolen so many times by these fly by night facebook group vendors. Someone just stole our COA and was posting in a facebook group a few weeks ago!

We are one of the only companies that I know of that pasteurize all our kratom powders. Most of the time we have LOQ on our micros. It is not required to show the actual lab reports only that we are lab testing. We have shown our labs to the Oregon Dept. of Agriculture and to an independent 3rd party GMP Auditor.

If you go to purebulk.com or bulksupplements.com or most other dietary supplement company and request a COA you will get exactly what we provide. The company's COA and that the lab testing for that product is below spec. You will not be provided with the actual lab report the company receives because it is not required by the regulatory authority only the products are tested.

Also make no mistake reading a lab report and thinking the product is tested and safe is not necessarily true. Testing a small sample set of a few hundred kilos and the lab report might be months old. They could also tamper with the sample so it will read low and fool everyone thinking all the kratom will be the same.

The only way to ensure safe products is by doing what we do and have validated the process. Continuous pasteurization of all kratom powders. We have chosen to pasteurize over irradiation. Some companies use irradiation to kill micros it is an effective process but we have chosen a more labor intensive but we feel safer process for a supplement.

Anyway thought I would chime in here as I have seen this statement a few times now about our kratom being at the spec number and that is not the case. < less than symbol. Makes you wonder if the vendor bringing up our labs and misrepresenting them to others is even lab testing himself because he can't read it correctly. Either that or he is intentionally misleading others about us. What else could it be?
You can read more about our process here lab testing help center
ILK10 for 10% OFF in checkout
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by TKS.

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49717

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 461
I strongly agree with everyone. It would be a bad decision to take this lightly. I'm genuinely worried and also think you should see a doctor.
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49710

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 598

Littlebear3 wrote: I never thought about bacteria in Kratom. It makes me think that rather than toss and wash, a little boiling water to make a tea might be a better way to go.

As to the back pain question, I don’t know enough to comment. However, I experienced that once and it was the result of a kidney infection.

Plenty of fluids can only help while you are waiting to see a doctor.

Yes, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. I strongly recommend it for anyone. So much better for you in many ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49704

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I never thought about bacteria in Kratom. It makes me think that rather than toss and wash, a little boiling water to make a tea might be a better way to go.

As to the back pain question, I don’t know enough to comment. However, I experienced that once and it was the result of a kidney infection.

Plenty of fluids can only help while you are waiting to see a doctor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49700

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
Hi Imworried08!
I learned some stuff, thanks to this thread! I have many friends who are trying to process more powder than is helpful. That much leaf is possibly getting jammed. How are your bowels moving?
Many friends just THINK they NEED that much kratom when it’s far past where it would be effective for anything more than a 2-3 gram dose a few times a day. The higher amounts are likely a response to the stress and anxiety associated with LIFE these days. Many of us are inclined to try using MORE. BUT. These friends have suffered a variety of stomach and intestinal problems. The need for that much per dose is only a matter of mindset. If you THINK you need that much, you will. But there is no benefit gained except a huge tolerance and possibly serious stomach problems.

Some of my kratom friends are too stubborn to even try using less and have a variety of pharmaceutical medications they NOW NEED to take as well, all of which defeats the whole purpose of trying to FEEL BETTER with using this wonderful plant material and have a good, improved day, right?

You got lots of good suggestions here. These folks can walk you through a detox to get that tolerance down, but only if you can trust us. There is NO BENEFIT for using those high amounts and we want to help EVERYONE we can.

Cool that you reached out this forum where excellent help is available!

You’ll be surprised how physically easy it is to get that dose down. And your bowels flushed, perhaps, if needed. That will at least eliminate one or two possible causes for seeking medical care with this, which you really should do.

Just let us know if you would like specific suggestions for reduction, but you gotta be willing.

Hope you are feeling better and or seeking medical help for their access to tools such as xrays, MRI, etc..

Check back, k?
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49674

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 598

Imworried08 wrote: I have been using Kratom for roughly 3 years. My general dosage is 20 g 3 to 4 times A-day, I'm aware that is very high. After about 2 years I've began getting a pain in my lower back on the right side, it is not a muscle pain. It feels like an organ. I found very few other people online that experience this and in their posts I haven't seen a clear answer as to what is going on. Can anyone help me out? Please. It is scary and I want to know if I'm doing harm to my body.

Welcome, glad you came to share your experience.

Thats quite a high dose. There's a lot of information on how to ween here. Laurie wrote a lot about Kratom Free Thursdays or Hirsuta Tuesdays or something like that. There's a myriad of botanicals that could potentially help you bring tolerance down, akuamma comes to mind.

So about six months ago I was experiencing stomach pain. Short, it turned out being ulcers and pylori. I no longer do powder without making tea/red bubble. My dose is only 3g (9g a day) and my body couldn't contend with the bacteria found in kratom. GMP or not there's still acceptable levels in all kratom. Below is an example of a lab test from TKS (a GMP vendor confirmed through AKA), notice no "pylori," test, it would be considered a"coliform." and their test confirms less than 10,000 of total coliforms present. Note it doesn't say what size sample there is 10,000 coliforms in. For example, if your body can handle 10,000 coliforms (generally accepted by GMP and state lab standards and why it says conforms on TKS's labs), and the sample size was 3g, your 20g dose would actually contain perhaps more than 60,000 coliforms (Not saying this is their sample size, only giving an example). Though pylori lives inside most folks in the world without creating issues, so does e. coli, and at higher than normal levels, both can cause very bad issues for us. Not saying at all this is what is happening to you, just sharing my personal experience and some education to go with it.

https://thekratomsyndicate.com/amfile/file/download/file/10/product/180/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49672

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2016
Welcome to ILK Imworried08,

Pretty much verbatim with what michele wrote ,

Im sorry your in pain , and it could very well be linked to such a high amount of kratom consumption. Do you have any past opiate history ? Those who have , often need higher doses , but that said ... still quite a BIT your taking daily ..

If your body is feeling pain on one side , I strongly encourage you to cut back tremendously or take a break , total abstinence . Could very well be related to taking so much leaf, and this needs to be addressed ASAP . Drink lots of water, kratom is a diuretic like it’s cousin coffee , hydration is very important . Crucial !

Others will chime in if they haven’t already ,
But def start weening down , get to dosage level that’s sustainable ,
20- 30 gpd, and it ween down and take a break to let your body recoup , will lower your tolerance as a added benefit.

I can’t stress enough how your consumption needs to be dropped , to much of a good thing = bad thing !

Please do this and check back in on any progress made, if possible see a doctor or call one , health is crucial , not something to gamble with ! I’d call a doc just to be safe , Kratom is perfectly safe in reasonable quantities, anything takin in big amounts will lead to issues !

Good luck and if you have any more questions , please ask, lots of great folks here with lots of experience and wisdom !

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49670

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4424
hey.. imworried!

glad you found us. sorry it was under such stress. a few questions if you don't mind. im NOT in the medical field. nor do I claim to be. but I know a little about kratom. mostly from what ive learned here.

do you get your kratom from a reputable source that provides a guarantee or a head shop? NOT judging. my first kratom experience came from overpriced headshop crap. just want to get bearings on your usage.

do you rotate strains and vendors?

only cause I wasn't diligent enough and developed a pretty good tolerance myself. had to keep increasing my dose for it to be effective.

I cant tell you what to do, but my suggestion is a full reset ( kratom break ) I did it for 4 weeks. now my dose is 2-3.5 g. it wasn't as hard if I thought it would be. If you use kratom for pain I suggest akuamma, Incarvillea, white willow bark, chuchuassi bark, and corydalis or skullcap for night ( insense has all ) I also take shilajit and boswellia which help a lot.

if you take kratom more for anxiety and anti depression there are many things out there too. kava, moringa, blue lotus, kanna, and gaba just to name a few.

I recommend pausing kratom for a bit and talking to your primary physician. easy to run some tests with blood work if needed.

im in a state that is 'in lockdown' I do not recommend going to an ER unless the pain is doubling you over severe.

like I said, im not a medical pro, and im not trying to make you paranoid. but it can be a number of things. like a kidney infection or appendicitis. which can usually be easily treated with a script. or kidney stones. ( does it hurt when you pee?) not trying to be gross, but it is what it is.

either way we are here for you in your kratom/ herbal journey.

if you cant quick 'cold turkey' taper a bit, take a mix with stem and vein, or alternate. and I know a lot of people here that have great help with hirtusa as well.

I hope this helps, let us know how you do. im a chef ( not working right now ) that has a mother whos a nurse. great combo huh? above all, stay calm. talk with your doctor if you can, and have some tests run.
:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Heavy Kratom Use... is something wrong? 6 months 3 weeks ago #49669

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Just to make sure: is it 20 grams a day in 3 to 4 doses or 60-80 grams total per day?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by CanadianTW.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds