Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50058

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
I hope I am reply to the group but regardless I have not yet tried it by making tea. Is there something special I need to do? Simple is best for me..lol. How does freezing the product help? Also, I see percentages on the 7-Hydroxymitragynine. What do I need to be looking for and what does a higher/lower percentage mean or do?

I have only tried Happy Hippo and Mile High Bonticals so far so again I really need to find my go to place...How is the Boreno? Never tried that...sorry for all the questions!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50057

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
I definitely am trying different strain. I am going to try a few other vendors. I have only used two vendors so far and I started back at the bottom today with this one particular strain to see if I was taking too much. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50055

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4409
hey vanity. you aren't doing anything wrong, I just suggest you switch it up a bit

if you rotate strains AND vendors it keeps things fresh and your tolerance low. sample ounces of a few vendors is key to see what works best for you. your dose on average of 2-4 g is spot on. on average. but yes your idea of starting small and building up is spot on as well.

its a little effort that can be a pain at first, but it will give you a guide for the future. some people keep a journal.

as an example, if I get greens from lucky herbals my dose on average is 1.5 g. but that's just me. anything more its sedating. which is fine, if that's what I want!

another thing that helps is what you eat right after your dose. good-for you cleaner food helps a dose last longer. don't get me wrong, im making a sausage egg and cheese, but that's an exception on occasion. and I know my dose might not have as much legs.

you will be fine with a little determination! you got this....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50046

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Welcome to the forum, Vanity33!

We have everything you’d want to have on hand as a beginner. Including sample packs to help you try the other strains. I would try a green next. Look at topics about hydration and digestion on this website using the SEARCH field. Also, we have personal assistance from live people that will help your confidence in choosing and you’ll have some helpful mail to look forward to!

There are awesome vendors here! We are not the only one, by far. But we welcome the questions and service is a large part of what we do well.

Here’s our information, particularly phone numbers AND a discount code. Give us a call and we will assist without overwhelming you.

Here’s how to reach us,

INSENSE ILK CODES: ILKforme15% or $89always (kilos)
Good on both websites
https//:GoldLeafBotanicals.net (Wild)
www.InSenseBotanicals.com (Farmed or Plantation)
call 916-201-0454 or cell 530-303-2454 phone number also

Glad you found this amazing forum,

INSENSE3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50044

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Ashwagandha is awesome! I yet have to try orther herbals

Welcome on board Vanity:) have you tried making a tea with your dose? Just throw hot water in a mug along with kratom and the optional lemon splash... drink when cooled. It helps the alkaloids come out of the plant material, giving it a ahead start. Depending on people it can make a good difference. Freezing can also help because it bursts open cell walls.

I will let you determine if you have good product with the other folks here and try one of the vendors Brandon recommended.

Personally i don't find much difference between "strains", more so between colors but even then its all similar to me, they all work. I like super green malay. The most obvious effect it has on me is pain relief so its pretty easy to know its working, if i wasn't in constant pain it wouldn't be as easy to tell. I do notice it has an effect on appetite tho.

I hope it all works out quickly for you. If you give us more details about you maybe we can better help you, what is the other brand you have tried? There is definitely a Lot of info here to read but feel to ask as so many of us are bored out of our mind these days. Haha i am anyway

Take care :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50043

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
Hello.
I started with some red devil, then tried happy hippo. They were fine, however it wasn’t until I landed here that I really started learning my way around. My current favorite is dark red meng da from Insense. But I have quite a selection and switch around. My main dose is 2 grams in the morning. Occasionally I top up with a gram in the afternoon.

With the current stress, I have added Bacopa and Ashwaganda to my daily routine to help handle stress.

I have a bad back an no longer take pain meds. Took a couple ibuprophen today, that was the first time in ages. I cut my Zoloft in half since using KrTom. I’m hoping that I can get rid of it eventually
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50042

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I have only been trying to find out how much to take for a few weeks but still not there. I was looking for more energy/appetite control at first but I have been taking/trying a variety of mostly whites between 2-4g per dose. I always take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I have mostly been using the varieties at Happy Hippo but its just not working for me so I am going to start back at the bottom at 1g for several hours and see what happens. Wish me luck. Please let me know what I am doing wrong!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50039

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4409
vanity!!!!!!!!!!

im glad you found us. now that you've signed up, the search tool is the BEST on info.

I didn't bother with any books. I learned so much here. read old posts. so much better than gooble.

welcome!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50038

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1976
Hello Vanity ,

Welcome to the ILK community/ family !
You found us !!! Great job ! :-bd

Kratom can be very helpful for energy and mood boosting , as well as giving miraculous pain relief .

I don’t have a scale , a lot of folks weigh out their doses to keep it spot on with amount.
A great place to start is 2gm or approx 1tsp, teaspoon not Tablespoon!

Wait 45 minutes to a hr or so , if your not feeling elevated with positive effects , try taking another 1gm or 1/2 tsp.

Whites are predominantly more energetic( but not always )
Reds are predominantly on the relaxing side ( not all reds , some are energetic)
Greens tend to be like a red and white combined. Best of both worlds . But each batch can be slightly diff , diff vendors same strains as others will be diff to some degree. Lots go into why that is .

It’s recommended to try a few varieties/ colors from a few vendors to see what works best for your chemistry and needs.

And if you find a few or more that really help, safe to buy a bigger volume if wanting more of that in the herbal chest !

Couple keys suggestions-
Stay hydrated, kratom can dry you out like coffee... they both are in the same plant family , both are diuretics , they combine well together . Go figure lol

Drink plenty of water , and rotating strains will help you experience great results consistently by not becoming desensitized to a certain alkaloid profile from one “strain”.

Stick to the lowest amount that will give you benefits, taking more will give you less desirable effects , Less is more with Kratom. Which is hard to grasp but oh so true ! Energy and moodlift will be most apparent at small to moderate dosage amount , and keeping at the low dosage will keep you tolerance from going up.

Some awesome vendors I can vouch for :

InSense/ Goldleaf Botanical
Benni Botanical
Fused Flora
Christopher Organic Botanical “COB”
Pharmacy Drop Out “PDO”
Inland Botanical
Bow Key Botanical
SLO kratom/ Botanical
TopExtracts
Smiley Time Herbals
Lucky Herbals
And more....

Some I haven’t tried but have heard great things about -

TeaTime Botanical
PA Botanical

And much more .....

Kratom has consistently given me so much added quality to my life . I no longer take anxiety/ antidepressant meds and never look towards opiates for pain relief .. kratom is that good at helping with my ailments , best tool I’ve found . ( not suggesting to not take meds , just explaining how it’s been most effective for my needs,without the negatives most meds come with)

You are in very good company full of wise and compassionate members that want to learn , help and give supportive advice from experience... just a bunch of sweethearts!

Others will welcome you shortly , and will have more to add ...

Please ask any questions and one or more will be there to offer answers and suggestions B-) (L)

Take good care and great to have you here!

Brandon

Edit: it’s been a rough going with this lockdown , Its been challenging and then some , kratom can def help lift the spirit, give you energy and add greatly to your sense of well being, truly just a one of s kind and lovely herb we are soooo blessed to have in our lives !!

Again, great to have you Vanity33
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie, INSENSE3, Vanity33

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Hi, I am a Newbie! 6 months 4 days ago #50037

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
I am really here to learn about Kratom. I am very new to this and learn about it from a friend about a month ago. I have ordered online from 2 different vendors some sample packs but I am trying to figure out my needs and dosage. I learned it can help with energy and mood. During these times I am trying stay positive while being stuck inside, have more energy and motivation to exercise. I welcome any information that can help me on my path. The most reputable vendors, advice etc. Thanks!

Advice and Wisdom...any good books that can help me learn?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds