Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 16 hours ago #50348

• Nunya Bizness
  • Nunya Bizness's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I learned my lesson about large doses of Kratom pretty fast. Less is definitely more with this plant, and you have to learn to enjoy that. Luckily I don’t have any predisposed liver problems. I just thought it was like alcohol where if you take it a lot over a long period of time it damages the liver. Of course I’m not consuming as much liquid as when I used to drink, so there’s that.

Oh and definitely send those pics of the mushroom farm if you have them! Would love to check it out. I have not heard of Matsutakes I’ll have to Google that. I don’t know if it’s placebo but I find the mushrooms you find/grow taste better! Probably just my mind playing tricks on me though :cheer:

Don’t just seek truth.. Google it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50345

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2016
Always best imo to error on the side of caution, by no means go over board with kratom, just saying with a mindful and respectful approach , with moderation to get the most out of the leaf ( less is more !)
As long as your liver isn’t in bad shape
( though even some with liver aliments have actual improvement with kratom, if I remember correctly, no medical claim ) the less you take, the more benefits , the more you’ll get out of it ...

Morels around here ... Santa Cruz and surrounding areas , only pop up after fires... those and matsutakes are on my bucket list !!

I’ll send some pics of my mini shiitake farm .. very fun , very delicious :) :P
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50339

• Nunya Bizness
  • Fresh Boarder

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote:
I’m a mushroom fanatic,, porcini, oysters , chanterelles, candycaps..... haven’t had the pleasure of hunting morels , only a matter of time ....

This was my first year hunting Morels, I have found about 20 total. They are hard to find but damn do they taste good! Saute with butter and maybe some garlic if you like that. You already know what the look like so you're well on your way to finding some!

Also, that's good about the liver. I suppose I have nothing to worry about then. I like to err on the side of caution, but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for the reply! =D>

The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50328

• Pizza and kratom ?

Nunya Bizness wrote: Oh awesome.. thanks for the discount codes! >:D Yes I plan on varying my supply of strains and vendors so I can avoid the tolerance effect. Also with these new vendors I’m learning about I am really hoping I can lower my usual dose.. the leaf I have right now isn’t the best quality. I worry about the effects of continued use on my liver.

Just about to burn my afternoon dose B-) I am thinking I will try making a tea for the first time, with a splash of lemon juice to really extract those alkaloids.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

There’s an extremely small amount of people who’ve had any issues with the liver and kratom , the signs pop up in the first few weeks of reg use and go away fast once stopping. Less is more with kratom , in every good way imaginable.....approaching this lovely leaf with respect is the way to go , but if you’ve been fine with reg use for 6months , I say your good in the hood !! B-)

I’m a mushroom fanatic,, porcini, oysters , chanterelles, candycaps..... haven’t had the pleasure of hunting morels , only a matter of time ....

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50327

• Pizza and kratom ?
Welcome Nunya,

There’s a song I believe called nunya something or other .... good song ... great user name !

Michele is the beezneez and I’m happy she gave the first welcome , I’ll follow suit lol

Welcome to the ILK family >:D

Mitra man is great , love his gold Borneo , everything I’ve tried from him was very good , gold Bali , green Thai ... esta muy bueno !!!
we have so many great vendors to choose from, many awesome ILK vetted vendors here , super blessed for the integrity not to mention stellar quality kratom they all provide for our wellbeing !

Kratom is such a helpful and beneficial herb that’s been so good to me, huge understatement!!! Really gave me my life back from living in chronic pain 24/7....eased my depression and sniffed out my anxiety .... one of the best herbal ally’s I could of dreamt up!

Happy you found us , this community is very warm and compassionate, we all want to help each other , and the good kratom our there that our members try, we are able to get some good orders in with few misses !

Take care and stoked to meet you B-) (L)

Brandon
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50326

• Nunya Bizness
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh awesome.. thanks for the discount codes! >:D Yes I plan on varying my supply of strains and vendors so I can avoid the tolerance effect. Also with these new vendors I’m learning about I am really hoping I can lower my usual dose.. the leaf I have right now isn’t the best quality. I worry about the effects of continued use on my liver.

Just about to burn my afternoon dose B-) I am thinking I will try making a tea for the first time, with a splash of lemon juice to really extract those alkaloids.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50325

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4424
hey nunya~ great name!

im glad you found us too! and yes this place expanded my herbal journey than anything I found online could help. ad most of us did the same dumb experiment on buying overpriced headshop garbage. there are many great approved vendors here. some are still new so we have a 'best of' list many of us go by, cause we even haven't tried them all!

glad you have another order in the works. another thing I still have to remind myself is its good to rotate strains and vendors. granted its easy for me cause my husband takes it too so we go through it faster. theres some great reasonable vendors here too. and many give discount codes for being a part of the forum.

right now one of my favorite vendors is lucky herbals. killer leaf , great prices! and an additional 5% off with the code ILK. in sense/ gold leaf is another their code is ILKFORME15% on everything but their 3oz sampler.

either way, happy to have you here. that's just a taste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New to Kratom and the community : ) 6 months 1 day ago #50319

• Nunya Bizness
  • Fresh Boarder
:-h Hello fellow Kratom connoisseurs! I am only about half a year in on my journey with Kratom. Started out with the leaf after being generously given about an ounce of Green Maeng Da from my younger brother. It came from a local vendor called ‘Life of Kratom’ based in central Ohio.

My first experience was interesting for me. Detachment, increased sociability, and some euphoria were what made me interested in picking some up for myself. I made the common mistake of heading to a Waterbeds n’ Stuff to buy some more. As you expect, what I got was over-priced and closer to a fine dirt than actual leaf. Unhappy with my purchase I did some searching online and found out where my brother had purchased his Kratom. Spent the next four months going to Life of Kratom once a week for 8 ounce supplies at first, then upped my game to one kilo per month. I was buying the Green Kali strain as it had what the vendor described as the most euphoria. This was at 200 dollars per kilo.

Then with the COVID-19 fiasco hitting my hometown, all unessential businesses were closed. So I went online to find a source for my habit. Happened upon The Golden Monk as they had some good reviews, and it was more than half the price per kilo than at my local vendor! Purchased a kilo of the Green Maeng Da from them and that is what I’m currently sitting on.

Then I found this forum and Double M Herbals and realized I was STILL getting ripped off on my purchases! Just placed an order with MitraMan Botanicals for a half and half kilo of the Gold Borneo and Green Kapuas and am awaiting that shipment early next week. Excited to try some real quality leaf for the first time and see where it takes me!

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say hello to the fellow Kratom enthusiasts in these parts :-bd . Maybe someone has something to say about my experience so far? If you read all of this I applaud you and wish you well on your own journey! Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds