Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 1 week 3 days ago #51683

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1519
Thx for checking back about the “pungent batch . Good news that it’s still up to par (L)

Hope all is well with you , take care :)

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 1 week 3 days ago #51682

• fsahm
  • fsahm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
It seems to be as good as other batches. I have adjusted to it with my flavoring. I have bought several sample deals over the last few years, so I am used to the variations. This one is just "more" :) This suppler has always been good for quality and price. That said ... my last batch was strong and had a wonderful banana flavor when mixed with OJ. So I guess I was spoiled and now I'm whining LOL !! Thank Folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 2 weeks 1 day ago #51586

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1519
Welcome to the ILK community/ family fsahm!

Babel listed a great source to understand some of the factors that go into kratom flavors and tastes ,

Please let us know how the effects compare to what your normally used to ... and by all means you can inquire with the vendor you purchased from to ask questions if concerned . If they are a trusted source than there wouldn’t be any reason why they wouldn’t help you in understanding the flavor of your leaf .

Great to have you here , take care !

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 2 weeks 1 day ago #51585

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2286
Is it very fresh, coming across as quite green?

Chlorophyll can have a bitter taste, so maybe that's harshing this batch. I'd ask the vendor that sold it.

In the kratom industry this is typically accomplished by exposing the leaves to the sun. Not only does this change the alkaloids, but the sun, heat, and moisture from the leaves break down chlorophyll(the green in leaves) revealing a red pigment. This is why red powder is red!

bountybotanicals.com/about-kratom-and-how-its-used/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 2 weeks 1 day ago #51579

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4250
hey fsahm!

glad to have you here. i have noticed variations between batches from the same vendor who has the same supplier. its usually not too bad. but from what im told this is the 'dry season' and the batches can be a touch more potent.

so.. if you can financially swing it now is the time to stock up. i think jeff from PDO is correct, with COVID prices will probably be going up. some vendors have already raised prices a little due to supply/ demand/ shipping issues

lucky herbals you get the product vacuum sealed. insense does so as well on request. im sure a few more do as well but thats all i can think of at this minute
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Very Pungent Flavor is this an issue? 2 weeks 1 day ago #51576

• fsahm
  • fsahm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I bought a new kilo from my reliable source. Green Maeng Da. It seems really harsh compared to my other batches. Not an issue as long as it is not laced with something that I am not aware of. Anyone else notice a larger than normal flavor variation ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds