Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Insense strains making me drowsy. 2 months 2 days ago #52116

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1941
Hi TheArchitect,

This is Rob, the owner of In Sense Botanicals.

would you please give me a call, i would like to investigate this myself a bit more.

I don't like it if anyone isn't pleased with our product.

It could just be you and your body, but I would like to ask a few questions and listen to you as well.

PLEASE give me a call.

Rob 916-201-0454
Insense1
530-644-0456
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Insense strains making me drowsy. 2 months 2 days ago #52112

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
hey architect!

glad you found us! i have laerned so much more being on the forum vs. gooble/ on my own.

ive taken kratom for over a year and a half mostly for pain management. i average 2g doses 3-4 times a day. some days none. that being said, when i started, we call it the honeymoon phase, almost all reds made me drowsy no matter what i did. this for most, goes away after a while. now few strains do that.

what i can recommend is if you typically take reds try a horn or maeng da. they are typically 'faster' reds. or a gold or yellow. they give decent pain relief without the sleepys.

but just like brandon said, many of us rotate strains and companies often. it keeps things fresh. if you are on a budget and not sure what to get, try a few ounce samplers from different vendors. and yes insense is wonderful. they are always in my rotation but typically 1 day a week. fused flora, oties, bennis, craving kratom, many great comanies to get to learn what works best for you. even pharmacy dropot you can get a kilo split 4 ways for 100 bucks. and like many, they guarantee that you will like their product.

re-leaf llc -maine is another option. pick for me kilo. 20 strains for 99 if you use a code and are a new customer. GRYVOIQUU8 thats cheaper than what i pay.

i wouldnt go for head shop stuff unless you know its pure and tested. the stuff around me is overpriced garbage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Insense strains making me drowsy. 2 months 2 days ago #52108

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2014
Hey Architect,

It’s possible that great leaf even from a amazing vendor , can sometimes not jive with you . Also, There’s just some leaf that doesn’t suit ones chemistry, for others it’s no problem at all.

How many gms are you taking per dose , how many times a day ?

I’m a firm believer in rotating strains and vendors, Because if I don’t, what I know to be some of my favorite varieties will cease to give me the desired effects if I don’t switch it up regularly, also definitely as a general rule of thumb… The smaller doses are the more stimulating bigger and more relaxing… To a point... but not always the case! Got to get to work I’ll add to this thread later. :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Leelove

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Insense strains making me drowsy. 2 months 3 days ago #52099

• rpitts1955
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Hello Architect, I've had a similar response with some strains for drowsiness. What I do is mix several different strains together. I start at 6am with 45% white Maeng da, 40% Red maeng da, and then add 15% yellow maeng da (about 2 teaspoons total). The white gives me pain relief and great energy, but I get the "jitters" and my blood pressure goes up quite a bit. The Red maeng da does really good for pain and has medium energy, and the yellow added brings my blood pressure down. I'm talking 200/110 and sometimes stroke level higher, 223/135 last week. Much of this is due to my pain levels, but the kratom seems to set it off a bit more. This is my morning "get out of bed" mix.

1 hour later I do a dose of 90% Green Riau and 10% Yellow Maeng da, (2 tspns total). Depending on how I feel that day I may do the white/red/yellow mix again around 10am, then the Green Riau/Yellow maeng da mix an hour later, sometimes 2 or 3 more times during the day. It just depends on my pain levels.

At night for sleeping I use 2 tspns of Red Bali or Red Agatha. They're the only strains I've found so far that let me sleep.

My vendor is Christophers Organic Botanicals in NJ. But I get similar results from other vendors I've used. I mix with grapefruit juice, and I take three 1950 mg Turmeric/circumin tabs in the morning and again in the afternoon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, C.O.B, Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Last edit: by rpitts1955.

Insense strains making me drowsy. 2 months 3 days ago #52098

• TheArchitect
  • TheArchitect's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I’ve been using kratom for about 3 months now. I’ve only tried In Sense, and Remarkable Herbs (local head shop). With the remarkable herbs, the only “strain” that seems to have any affect, is the Green Maeng Da, giving me solid (5 out of 10) energy and pain relief for 3-4 hours. The other strains don’t seem to do much for pain relief, or energy. With In Sense, however, each strain (I’ve tried about 7-8 different ones so far) seems to have its relative effect, giving me very good (7.5 out of 10) energy and pain relief. Except it seems to only last 1-2 hours, followed by an hour or so of fairly intense drowsiness.

I’ve tested this in multiple different scenarios: empty stomach, times of day, with and without potentiating with Turmeric/magnesium/white grapefruit juice. These variables don’t shift the results much.

I’ve seen others say that the drowsiness could be the result of doing too much, but I’ve tried less, and have had much less positive affects as well. My question is, is it possible that my issue is an In Sense strain thing, and I need to branch out to more vendors? Or is this kind of a common response to most kratom?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk, Leelove

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds