Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52638

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4047
Hello to everyone,

I wanted to add. Yes 100% about talking with your doctor( if you have not yet) about wanting to go off meds or taper. Some meds are harmful if you cold turkey and withdrawal sounds like it has many health problems.
Discussing kratom is whole different topic. You have to make that decision. Problems with telling your doctor about kratom- can be benign , they have no opinion, do not know what it is or better yet they are okay if it helps you. Most doctors feel pressure about being liable if they know you are taking a "controversial" supplement the worst is they drop you as a patient, will not continue to prescribe your other meds, or you will get "drug seeker" labeled on your charts.

I can also say I am better off with kratom I manage my pain very well its been life changing for me.

Also some meds you can continue to take with kratom. If you decide to order some please keep us posted.

Thanks for the praise Brandon, this forum is best because of you.

Take care!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Ripley78, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nan70.

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52637

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957
Hi Abbiegirl,

Great to meet you , welcome to the ILK community .

Nan broke it down pretty well, and I don’t have much to add to that . Nan is amazing :) (L)

The pain med thing is a big one , like Nan mentioned , kratom and opiates both hit on the same receptors, and opiates will out compete kratom every time. I would always welcome pain meds into my life prior to kratom , now it’s not even a thought/ desire or need for them , kratom is very good at lowering pain , giving energy and lifting a persons mood .

Many folks have used kratom to alleviate withdraw symptoms while getting off meds , and then continue on getting relief solely with this herb . Tapering down off opiates , and tapering some more, when feeling WD, you can start taking some leaf to help. As the meds leave your body you’ll get more of the full spectrum benefits .

Like Nan also wrote , having a few varieties from a few vendors is a good idea , to see what works best for your chemistry. For some , the starting dose amount might be higher than one who has not been on pain meds, but always best to start at 2-3 gms and take more as needed till you find relief .

It’s a trial and experiment, some work and effort involved , but it is well worth it ! An estimated 15 million Americans are utilizing this leaf with great success . It works (L)

If you decide to pursue kratom as a alternative for relief , start simple , have a decent amount on hand so you don’t run out in the midst of the transition off of meds .

Since we aren’t doctors , it’s best to let your doc know you are wanting to be done with the pain meds . Your doc may never have heard of kratom , and that’s up to you to mention it or not , but just a good thing they the doc is aware of your intention of stopping pain medication , for safety reasons .

Having a few reds/ golds and greens on hand , is a good idea , like Nan mentioned ,

When your ready , and want some specific suggestions , we will offer you some good places and varieties to start with .

I cannot speak highly enough as to what kratom has done for my life , major game changer , I’ve been utilizing the leaf for over 3 years with great success, and now have a quality of life I didn’t think was possible before kratom .

It’s not a cure all fix all, but helps tremendously! A very lovely herbal tool !

Any questions , please don’t hesitate , this is a wonderful community of folks who’ve been n similar life situations and we all want to help each other feel better , we want what’s best for each other.

Check out the links Nan sent you , and we are here for you whenever you need help or want to check in .

Take care

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, goshawk, Ren

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52636

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52635

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52634

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Abbiegirl welcome to the forum.
Its good to start by reading a little bit about kratom ( www.americankratom.org/ )
But you sound like you want a quick start guide.
Kratom is very effective with pain, energy, and mood lift/anxiety relief but there is a learning curve. Because it depends on your present and past use of prescription pain medications, this factors into finding a strain and dose that's right for you. This throws a lot of people off.
Kratom has three strains Red , White, and Green
Red is preferred for pain relief, some strains can be sedating but not all
Green strains typically for energy, mood lift, and pain relief, some strains will not offer pain relief for severe cases
White is good for energy and mood. Some people get pain relief also buts its not a typical go to strain for pain.
This is just a loose guide of the strains, your own body chemistry is what determines what will work

If your not confused yet?

You will probably have to ween off pain meds they interfere with Kratom's effectiveness

If you want to start Kratom you will need get familiar how to take it, powder, capsules, tea. You will need to sample some strains. Be prepared to spend a little bit on this process we can recommend GMP( Good Manufacturing Practices) vendors and guide you to savings. You will need to try different doses to see what works for you.

You will need to drink plenty of water Kratom is dehydrating, if you take a dose that's too much you will feel nausea

If still interested you can start asking the questions you need to get you going
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Ripley78, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk, Ren

Need help 2 weeks 3 days ago #52633

• Abbiegirl
  • Abbiegirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I suffer from a painful nerve condition that affects my head and face. There is no cure. Where do I start with Kratom, I know nothing and take many medications. I also need energy and help with stress.
Thank you for any help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Last edit: by Abbiegirl. Reason: Spelling
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds