Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 1 month ago #1340

• wild gardener
  • wild gardener's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Well I transplanted my Kratom cutting last week It never even stopped growing. Its growing an inch a day right now and has already made 6 new leaves. So glad I decided to go right up to a 5 gallon pot as fast as it is growing. Its currently located on the east side of my house so it gets about 7 hrs of morning sun and shade during the afternoon heat. I happen to be enjoying a cup of Kratom tea right now next year it will be from my own tree (c)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 1 month ago #1338

• charliem1010
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
There is a seller in Florida that posted a pic on his website of a Kratom tree planted in his yard. Had to have been over 15 ft. tall. It might have been kratomeye.com? Try googling kratom sellers Fla. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: wild gardener

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1321

• wild gardener
  • Visitor
Thank you for the encouragement Xonid :). Wow that's awesome that you are growing them in England. Your tree is beautiful. I plan to keep mine in a container for at least a year or two so I can move it inside when we have a rare cold snap here. I'm very close to tropical here in southwest Florida and I have planted a bamboo northern wind break that should be at least 40' tall within two years. This should provide some frost protection so I can plant it in the ground once it matures some. I love The flavor of the tea from dried leaves. I am looking forward to be chewing fresh leaves.

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1315

• Xonid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Congrats on owning a Kratom tree Wild gardener :)

I grow them in England beliveve it or not. Once you get them established they are so rewarding. Chewing your own fresh leaf is an amazing feeling.

I would say you're doing everything right. The semi shade idea might be good for humidity and keeping the soil moist but they don't necessarily need a slow introduction to full sun. Though I don't blame you for being cautious. If you think you can move it to full sun and water the soil and mist the leaves regularly I would definitely do that. The bigger you can grow them the best chance of survival they have in bad weather. They are sun worshippers. The smaller plants and cuttings I keep indoors are under 24/7 flourescents and next to a sunny window. As soon as I see roots they go into a full sun greenhouse and thrive.

You seem to have everything covered though, that was really my only suggestion based on my own experience. If I can grow them over here I'm sure you will be successful and I wish you the best of luck :)

Here's one of mine:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zion Herbals, wild gardener

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1313

• wild gardener
  • Visitor
Ok I figure I will give a progress report here from time to time as I learn about growing my Kratom tree. I have left in an east window for 4 days to let it adapt to some sun. So far she seems very happy. Tomorrow I plan to repot in a 3 gallon container. I'm going to use a mix of potting soil peat moss and a bit of course sand. I will water with rain water and a very mild solution of home made fish emulsion. I will use a bit of pine for mulch. From what I read on the net they are native to tropical swampy forest lands and they like acid soils. I imagine them as an understory tree when they are young so I will place it outside where it gets some morning sun and is shaded the rest or the day. I think the heat and humidity here will be perfect for it. (L)

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1303

• wild gardener
  • Visitor
Hi Marie,I hate to admit it but I am a computer neophyte and don't know how to post pics. If you send me your email address I will be glad to send you a pic with my phone and you can post it here. The cutting I received looks very happy and healthy. I will be transplanting it to a larger pot on Saturday. Between the leaves, That's awesome that you will have a yard to grow things soon. There seems to be little real info on the Kratom trees on the net. I believe in their native tropical climate they can get to 50 feet tall. I believe you need to let it grow for a year or so before harvesting any amount of leaves. The cutting I got is the Rifat strain which is supposed to have the most cold tolerance. This is all experimental for me and I will be glad to share as I learn. What zone are you going to be living in? I would love to see lots of people growing this wonderful tree.

Last edit: by wild gardener.

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1299

• BetweenTheLeaves
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've been living in florida as well and I've been wanting to try this! How long does it usually take to mature? I've been living in a condo until I get settled, but I'll have a yard soon and I'm dying to plant my own tree

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1297

• Marie C
  • Visitor
OMG this is so cool, can you please add a picture :woohoo:

Sorry I don't know much on growing Kratom but I am interested B)

Growing a Kratom tree 6 years 2 months ago #1295

• wild gardener
  • Visitor
I have just received a rooted Kratom cutting. I am an avid gardener and am excited to add this tree to my garden. I live in Florida zone 9b. I plan to grow this tree in a container for a year or so then I would love to plant it in my yard. Has anybody successfully grown kratom out doors in zone 9b? Any growing tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Page:
Moderators: Marie CkemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds