Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adrenal Fatigue 2 months 3 weeks ago #51785

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9076
I also did some search engine poking around and landed at, yes, what Babel-17 said. Interesting topic, given I’m a lifelong fatigue sufferer. Interesting dialogue...
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adrenal Fatigue 2 months 3 weeks ago #51782

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2540
I was just looking at Wikipedia, and their page for adrenal fatigue basically insisted that the term was incorrect and/or misleading, and they linked to a different page.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenal_insufficiency

But anyway, in my experience, I've seen a number of people who take Rhodiola who reference their adrenals as part of their reason for taking it. Others speak of, or allude to, having the kind of issues that people who speak of adrenal fatigue talk about.

Afaik Rhodiola will not do anything for your adrenal glands.

If you have damaged adrenal glands, I think an endocrinologist or other doctor should definitely be talked to.

But Rhodiola, like other adaptogens such as Ginseng/American Ginseng, has accumulated a reputation that goes to why it gets talked up in circles that speak of "adrenal fatigue" symptoms that have plagued them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodiola_rosea#Traditional_medicine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salidroside

Word of Russian soldiers in the bitterly cold high altitudes of Afghanistan using it added to its mystique.

www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/food/the-plate/...udying-performance-/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Adrenal Fatigue 2 months 3 weeks ago #51772

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
Hey thewoman ,
I think this is a topic that not many don’t know answers or advice for . I feel that some nervines (herbs that strengthens the nerves ) , adaptogens such as ginseng( helps balance out and modulate hormones) , ashwagandha(lowers the stress hormone that taxes the adrenals ) i think are good herbs for adrenal fatigue .

A Clean diet of whole foods , and less refined and processed foods will help .

Here’s a link to some good info about herbs that can help -
www.gaiaherbs.com/blogs/seeds-of-knowledge/5-amazi...-for-adrenal-fatigue

As far as kratom goes , I’d say utilize this lovely herb mindfully and not over do it , use this as part of the plan , not making kratom the entire
plan. All things in moderation (ideally ) ...

I’m Not a doctor, but I believe that good diet with some good herbs and practicing some de-stressing techniques can go a long way.

Which is hard to do while the world is full of stress given the virus situation , creating lack of means to obtain these helpful options ... at the same time , no better time to start doing what one can to help the body and mind .

Herbs imo are the best medicinal ally’s we have , kratom being my favorite one !!

Hope others with more medical knowledge pertaining to adrenal fatigue will join in on the conversation :)

Link about nervine herbs -https://blog.mountainroseherbs.com/understanding-nervines-adaptogens

Take care
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17

Adrenal Fatigue 2 months 3 weeks ago #51771

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
hey the woman!

wish i could help you more. not a doc or nurse. dont even play one on tv :)

i can tell you my husband has a cortisol issue. and chronic fatigue plus anxiety. and his doses are about twice the size of mine. typically, unles its a super sedating red hes fine. we use red MD or horn. or any more stimulating red. but everyones different. try samples a few days before blood work and see what happens. as long as you dont feel your health is in jeapordy. i recommend akuamma, incarvillea for day and maybe skullcap for night. but please do your own research for anything you take, even talk to a pharmacist or naturopath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Adrenal Fatigue 2 months 3 weeks ago #51764

• thewoman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Same question about adrenal fatigue. Can no one answer this? Or are the comments somewhere I don't see?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Adrenal Fatigue 6 months 3 weeks ago #49759

• Davehollin4
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I too would love to know the answer to this question. I am pretty sure I have adrenal fatigue or HPA axis dysfunction. I have all the symptoms and suffer with fatigue constantly. Kratom has helped so much with energy levels I love it. But my worry is that i could be draining my adrenals even more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Adrenal Fatigue 5 years 3 months ago #4254

• Onebluemelody
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hmmm..
  • Thank you received: 21
You may want to try a green vein.there are ao many different names with kratom, but if you keep it basic, reds are more sedating, greens are in the middle and whites are more stimulating. They all affect everyone differently but green may be what you want to try. There a couple different, very detailed guides on this forum, just look around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Adrenal Fatigue 5 years 3 months ago #4253

• kania0512
  • kania0512's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I have been dealing with pain/inflammation from low magnesium. I am getting by with Ibuprofen and Tylenol but I need to take a lot to get full pain relief. I would rather use Kratom but have some concerns that it will adversely affect my adrenals. I have dealt with adrenal insufficiency (low cortisol) and am under a lot of stress right now. So the concern is that I will take kratom for pain, it will also give me energy, and in the long run it will wear out my adrenals even more.

Is this a possibility? If so, are there any strains that are good for pain relief and reducing inflammation, without boosting energy, but also not making me sleepy? I know, I am asking a lot here. :dry:

Thank you,
~k
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds