Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 2 months 1 day ago #51955

• Todd_B
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm really fond of the mix 70% Red and 30% White Thai, that's a good blend
I also dont do them separately, just not my cup of tea (pun taken haha)

but what's funny, I found it extremly similar in taste with decuff coffee , lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 1 year 1 month ago #42627

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2044
Hey sister Laurie, >:D
I hope your having a great day. :cheer:

I'm enjoying trying different blends and the other experiments with the leaf but I can only do it on the weekends so as not to mess up a workday as you were mentioning.

My latest blend is 50% Red Thai with 50% White Thai. Turned into a good blend to take a couple of hours before bedtime. I get a slow wind down to calm and mellow just before being ready to sleep.
By themselves I didn't like them but they are a great balance together. :woohoo:

Oh oh it's after 1. Time to earn my pay. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 1 year 1 month ago #42625

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
The only way to learn what works for us is THE HARD WAY (trial and error). It’s a slow process and there are disappointments along the way, but the discoveries are that much sweeter! I admire your tenacity to keep at it. I am also very sensitive to the leaf and it’s easy to ruin my day by going OVER THE LINE into foggy headed blah.

I sympathize with your disappointment, Don. But that’s pretty cool about the bitter coffee beans!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Jammy McFishpaste

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 1 year 1 month ago #42624

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2044
This is a pretty old thread but because I just got introduced to cold brew coffee :-bd I decided to try cold brew kratom tea.

I bought a cold brew coffee maker from amazon because I had some coffee beans that were really bitter and was told that cold brew could take the bitterness out. It turned out that the person who told me this was right. It turned some very bitter hot coffee into good cold brew. :-bd

This is the brewer I got from amazon: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFLY64U/ref=ppx_yo_dt...03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I probably shouldn't have but I jumped right in to making a full batch of kratom cold brew with the cold brew pitcher.
I put 64 grams of my green riau in the filter basket and 32 oz of water in the pitcher. I then added 6 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 6 teaspoons of real lemon concentrate.
I let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours, rotating the pitcher occasionally to get any kratom wet that might be floating inside the filter basket. I noticed that coffee does that but the kratom didn't seem to.

I then tried just an ounce of the liquid in my espresso cup. After an hour I had a slight light headed fuzziness as if I took a little of some of the whites I have tried.
The next day I tried 2 oz of the liquid and in about an hour was very fuzzy headed and started to get a headache. In 2 hours I had a full blown migraine from it. :(
I threw out all the liquid and tried to dry the wet leaf out in the oven at 170 degrees. After about 4 hours it was the consistency of clay. The next day when my headache was almost gone I tried 2.5g (twice my normal dose) of this "clay" in warm water. It no longer had the the same headache relieving result as the original green riau leaf had. Instead it also made me fuzzy headed.
Over the next couple of days I kept putting it in the sun to see if it would dry out more. It did somewhat but not completely.
I tried it again after a couple of days and the fuzzy headed result with no headache relief remained. :(

I left it alone for a few days and when I checked it again it was moldy. Hence the rest of it went into the trash.

It looks like the cold brew technique will pull out some of the alkaloids but not the combination that I would have liked so that I could have a cold tea that removed my headaches.

I probably should have tried some of the clay with the liquid when I first completed the cold brew to see if the combination still worked as just the straight leaf.

I'll be giving this another try but at a much reduced amount so I don't "waste" a lot of the precious leaf. :)
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Jammy McFishpaste

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 2 months ago #13428

• Abraxas
  • Abraxas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
I've tried it with just lemonade and it worked fine, although it was definitely less potent. I'd imagine that plain water would work the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mystickratom, Tiggermanscrat

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 2 months ago #13424

• goldengate
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not this recipe will still work if the potentiators are not added.
Will the alkaloids still be extracted from the plant if I use only plain water? Or is the vinegar/lime juice required to make a good, strong final product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 3 months ago #13097

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
I can't wait to try this. I just realized that Kratom tea would have been a great thing to have during withdrawals. I can't even count how many times I had caps or a chalky Kratom mixture next to my bed to take when I woke up and the texture or solidness made me throw it right back up. Tea goes down nice and smooth.
#kratomlivesmatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abraxas, Tiggermanscrat

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 3 months ago #13088

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343
Thanks for the recipe :) i tried it with the powder and minus the apple vinegar and it worked great. :-bd
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abraxas, Tiggermanscrat

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 4 months ago #12516

• werewolf
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 101
Thanks. And I'm going to make some of that tea right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by werewolf.

COLD BREW KRATOM TEA RECIPE 4 years 4 months ago #12505

• Abraxas
  • Abraxas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
If you just eat the goop, it will probably give you the runs haha, but the amount you get from a teaspoon or so a day is great for you! 90% of the serotonin your body makes is produced in your gut by bacteria. having a healthy biome in your digestive tract apparently has a huge impact on your neurochemistry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds