08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Kratom Potentiator Info

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 1 week ago #24612

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 2309
For you kratom users or new users wanting to enhance your experience a bit, heres a little information to help you out

How Kratom Potentiators Work
What are kratom potentiators? In pharmacology, a potentiator is a drug, organic product, or chemical compound that intensifies the effects of a specific herbal medicine or drug. The potentiation can happen at any stage of the release, assimilation, distribution, metabolism and expulsion of the medication or natural plant like kratom.

If you suffer from a migraine and take kratom to stop your pain, you will find that the effects of the kratom subside in a few hours. This happens because you possess a efficient detoxifying system that looks for unusual substances like kratom, and flushes them out of your body. This process combats all kinds of substances that we consume, including drugs, toxic elements found in vegetables, medications, kratom, carcinogens produced while cooking, and pollution. The cytochrome P450 enzymes are our principal line of protection in this biochemical fight.

What kratom potentiators do is to slow down our metabolism; in essence, their aim is to inhibit the enzyme cytochrome P450. This enzyme is in charge of breaking down and expelling the kratom alkaloids of your organism. For that reason, any food or substance able to delay the activity of this enzyme will certainly make kratom effects keep going longer and stronger.

Kratom Potentiators List
Listed here is a complete list of the most recognized kratom potentiators that are proven to be very effective. Their goal is to either inhibit the P450 enzymes or to impact the acidity level of your intestinal tract.

Dextromethorphan (DMX or DM)
Dextromethorphan is a cough medicine of the morphine family which posses soothing and dissociative properties. This is one of the ingredients contained in several non prescription cold and cough medications. Dextromethorphan is a really intense potentiator which can transform your kratom experience into something not so desirable. It may cause you to feel drowsy and tired but in a very modest dose it shouldn’t cause you to be too lethargic. Caution: Many Dextromethorphan-containing products, like Coricidin Cough and Cold, also have other compounds which may be unsafe or deadly in large doses.

Grapefruit Juice
Grapefruit juice is a pretty good kratom potentiator although it’s not the very best one, in fact it’s actually fairly weak when compared with the other potentiators. Bear in mind that ingesting grapefruit juice with kratom or immediately prior to taking kratom will do little or nothing to enhance its effects. My recommendation is to take it at least 2 hours before ingesting kratom. You organism will have to start processing the components in the grapefruit juice before the inhibition occurs, that way it will slow down the process of assimilating the kratom. It is important for you to use pure grapefruit juice, not the concentrate. Furthermore, eating the skin of the grapefruit is even more advisable since it contains a higher amount of the chemical components that are required for the inhibition process.

Star fruit
Star fruit is said to be even better than grapefruit juice at potentiating kratom. It intensifies its effects and make them last longer.

DL-phenylalanine (DLPA)
DLPA is a great potentiator and has numerous fantastic effects. For it to work, it is necessary that you take it repeatedly, it needs about 2 weeks before you can truly begin to notice its impact. Wonderful sources of phenylalanine are soybeans, fish, poultry, beef, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and liver. Additional sources are green leafy vegetables like spinach, nuts, tofu, lupin seeds, chickpeas and lentils. DLPA can also be bough in capsule form. People using this potentiator usually take 1000 mg on an empty stomach about 30 minutes or 1 hour before taking kratom. The onset of the kratom effects is more rapid plus the general sensation is more intense although the duration of the experience appears to be exactly the same.

Watercress
Watercress is a semi-aquatic vegetable that is picked up near springs and that is a close relative to cabbage, mustard greens, and arugula. It is a gentle stimulant and possesses phytonutrients, such as isothiocyanates, and natural antioxidants with a wide range of disease-preventive characteristics, therefore it’s in fact very healthy for you. Watercress is a highly regarded inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 CYP2E1.

Tagamet (Cimetidine)

Cimetidine works by slowing down the enzyme cytochrome P450, enzyme in charge for breaking down the kratom alkaloids. Cimetidine doesn’t seem to be a real potentiator but makes kratom to remain in your system for more time. You will find other methods to potentiate kratom to make its effects stronger, the problem with Cimetidine is that is fairly weak for most users unless they take many of them, which is something you shouldn’t do so please, be very cautious.

Turmeric and Curcumin
Curcumin is a commonly consumed component of the spice turmeric, widely used in India and other areas of Asia. One of its key characteristics is that it works as a MAO-A inhibitor. People using this method take 1 tbs of turmeric and 1 pinch of black pepper approximately one hour prior to taking kratom. Black pepper raises the bio-availability of curcumin by 2000%. This decreases the tolerance, and holds the liver from metabolizing kratom as fast. Curcumin is thought to provide an overall blast to the kratom effects and to make them last for much longer.

Tums, antacids and cayenne pepper
They are not actually potentiators though they boost the Ph in the stomach, which improves absorption. Cayenne pepper can be added to kratom being extra careful of not putting too much.

Magnesium
Magnesium works pretty good but it can have a laxative effect. Magnesium is basically a NMDA antagonist, which means it can reduce kratom tolerance when taken regularly, making it plausible to take considerably less kratom little by little. People using this method take the magnesium about 30 to 45 minutes before taking kratom.

Valerian
Valerian can help with the metabolizing inhibition of kratom but it works mostly by intensifying kratom’s sedative effects.

Caffeine
Caffeine is not actually an inhibitor or a kratom potentiator but it can help by eliminating the drowsiness that kratom might create.

ADD OTHER HERBS TO YOUR KRATOM TEA
Users who take white vein kratom strains should consider adding yerba mate to their kratom tea to get the most out of kratom's energizing effects. Yerba mate has qualities that are similar to caffeine. It is renowned for its ability to increase mental focus and serve as a powerful organic stimulant.

The xanthine innate to yerba mate is responsible for this stimulating effect which can work in concert with kratom's active alkaloids (7-mitragynine, et al.) to keep your energy level up.

Alternately, if you are taking red vein kratom strains, passion flower and chamomile are good choices to add to the mix. These wonderful herbs mimic the soothing effects of these kratom strains.

AVOID SMOKING
The key ingredient in cigarettes is nicotine which is something you want to stay away from when taking kratom. Not only is nicotine bad for you but it also accelerates the metabolism of kratom and its sub-alkaloids.

Some have even reported feeling nauseous while smoking cigarettes on kratom with one user writing, “I almost had to throw up a few times while smoking on kratom.”

Final Conclusions on Kratom Potentiators
One thing that is critical is that taking potentiators along with or immediately before ingesting kratom is not going to work. You need to take them in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarWarsForce, roadieratonga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 1 week ago #24618

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 471
Anyone reading this, I would highly suggest to stay away from Dextromethorphan (DXM). I would never personally use that to “enhance” Kratom. Unless you have a cold or flu, I’d stay away from it. There are pleanty of natural potentiators to choose from.
About 13 years ago I was offered pure DXM in powder form, of course being stupid as I was, tried some, and I took about a half a gram of this powder, 500mg, was not fun, I could hardly even see, I couldn’t make out my cousins face, it was a horrible experience. I know that was way too much, and a couple cold and flu pills wouldn’t do that. But IMO, I’d stay away. (It’s cold and flu meds) think about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Donut, roadieratonga

~Jason

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 6 days ago #24622

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 650
Cybin your story gave me some bad memories and I agree.
Not even going to explain it, other than to say, "Just say NO", but back in the early 90's they had hydrobromide in OTC cough medicine before switching to DXM to stop people from abusing it. Sounds like it's the methadone to replace heroine solution of hydrobromide. :sick:
No disrespect madmaxnightrider just saying and reinforcing the point that it sounds like DMX should be used with caution and you did state that originally. :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donut

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
Last edit: by roadieratonga.

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 6 days ago #24623

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2790
IF, so called "potentiators" work by slowing down the "enzyme cytochrome P450", then you should know that this enzyme is part of the enzyme reduction system in the human body responsible for breaking down toxins and chemicals that find their way into human metabolism. Think air pollution, chemicals in food, vapors you might inhale accidentally from nail polish remover or paint thinner....as madmax has written enzyme cytochrome P450 works in all these instances to help neutralize these chemicals into something that is more easily, and more readily eliminated from the body.

In summary, you need this enzyme to help keep toxins from accumulating to harmful levels.

hmmmm....you might want to think about the overall effects of slowing down the action of this enzyme on a regular basis.

Just something more to think about for responsible Kratom use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarWarsForce, Donut, roadieratonga

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 6 days ago #24626

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 650
That is a good angle of perspective to consider. :woohoo:
Thanks Bomalley

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
Last edit: by roadieratonga.

Kratom Potentiator Info 8 months 6 days ago #24639

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 2309
I totally agree about the DXM. It should only be used Responsibility for when you have a Cough. I had a bad experience as well with DXM. I felt as though time moved slow then sped up. That was before I found out about Kratom. I would advice anybody to stay away from DXM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarWarsForce, Donut, roadieratonga

If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Kratom Potentiator Info 7 months 3 days ago #25460

• PhillyCheeze
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 216

madmaxnightrider wrote:
Magnesium
Magnesium works pretty good but it can have a laxative effect. Magnesium is basically a NMDA antagonist, which means it can reduce kratom tolerance when taken regularly, making it plausible to take considerably less kratom little by little. People using this method take the magnesium about 30 to 45 minutes before taking kratom.

For those who struggle with constipation while taking Kratom daily, I strongly suggest trying Magnesium. As MadMax mentions here, it can act as a potentiator AND laxative. Ever since I started taking it a couple of times a day...I've had almost no constipation issues.

Kratom Potentiator Info 7 months 2 days ago #25473

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2790
I know that Magnesium is popular among many here who swear by it for helping with aborption of Kratom (potentiator) and the inevitable slowed bowel function caused by Kratom...I do not share that view.

The loosening of the bowels is caused by the excess magnesium in the colon that cannot be absorbed. It prevents the water from being absorbed from the large colon and therefore bowels are looser.
For those who would like to use Magnesium, but do not want the loose bowels, the Magnesium glycinate (or bisglycinate) form is the best absorbed so it does not cause the loose bowels.

I do not agree with using the magnesium for managing bowels, there are many other ways to do that without possibly messing up your electrolyte balance.

Minerals work best in the body when their optimum ratios are established and maintained. Taking a lot of a singular mineral has the potential to mess up this fine balance.

While I have no doubt there are many here on the forum who have been doing this with magnesium for years and have not suffered any ill effects becasue of it, I prefer to be cautious and keep my electrolytes in balance.

And THAT is my wet blanket post for the day.

Also does anyone have any science to back up the potentiator effects of magnesium? I would like to consult it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadieratonga

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds