Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC:

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 1 week ago #45558

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9078
Golda55-have you scheduled the procedure yet?
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, Tiggermanscrat, Ckline51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 2 weeks ago #45540

• roberts
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I think it would probably be fine to take kratom tea prior to an anesthetic. This would be considered a 'clear" liquid and is generally allowed up to a few hours before the anesthetic.
Kratom powder would introduce some element of increased risk. They want your stomach empty so that you don't regurgitate and aspirate the contents into your lungs. Although this is rare, it would not be a good thing with kratom powder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by roberts.

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 2 weeks ago #45501

• Releafpleez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54

plantadvocate wrote: Was this for an endoscopy or colonoscopy?! having both done soon i think!

Well, I didn't realize it was one of those types of prosedures... If so, I think one would definitely have to stop takibg Kratom :unsure: Unless it's just some clearish tea?

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 2 weeks ago #45500

• Releafpleez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54

kemppaulh wrote: I've heard from people who had kratom up until the night before the surgery and had no problems.

Kratom is only a partial mu-agonist. The stuff they use at the hospital is much stronger and works in a different manner to put a patient OUT.

I don't think, from the conversations I've heard, that moderate kratom use the night before (or even a little the morning of the surgery) would have any significant effect on the anesthesia.

I was thinking the same thing.... And have actually done this before without any problems. I'm not condoning it, but that is my personal story with this subject

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45243

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045

plantadvocate wrote: Was this for an endoscopy or colonoscopy?! having both done soon i think!

Nina,
I've had both of those done one right after the other. They use the same tubes for both so you need to tell them to do the endoscopy first. :ohmy: :sick::lol:
Just kidding.
Although my wife said my breath smelled like crap after the procedures. :S
Don :silly:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45239

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
The more recent entries are pertaining to eye surgery with full anesthesia.

The posts prior to GOLDA55 are pretty dated and my entries are related to colonoscopy anxiety because I was newly clean of narcotics and still pretty frightened of not being able to take SOMETHING for my addiction symptoms.

Even so, I was not able to take kratom prior to anesthesia and I was given narcotics and recovered with kratom, but the narcotics made it take 3 days before kratom was helpful for me as per usual. Unfortunately they must use narcotics to help keep the stomach empty prior to anesthesia.

It’s not as stressful for me TODAY to gp without kratom as it was back during my colonoscopy!

Thankfully I’ve not needed anything serious from the western medical community besides stuff that kratom use / or non use is not affected.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45236

• plantadvocate
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 221
Was this for an endoscopy or colonoscopy?! having both done soon i think!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Releafpleez

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45233

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Golda55 AGAIN!

I backtracked through these old posts and I see you are having eye surgery. I’ve never met anyone who had pain management issues of any kind with laser surgery on eyes.

You’re obviously having a more invasive procedure if you are having full anesthesia!

I stand by my post to worry NOT about kratom and follow the surgeon’s directions and you’ll be able to return to your usual kratom doses AFTER you get home.

The colonoscopy I was referring to in this post (earlier thread) was years ago and I was newly clean off of narcotics and that was driving my anxiety. I’m sorry that I haven’t had any new surgeries to refer to for you. But I’ve recently been pulled off of all meds and supplements for 36 hours and I was able to with minimal discomfort. I was not given anything for pain. After the tests, I resumed my kratom at a much lower dose size and enjoyed more effective relief. I’m still down to 3-5 grams PER DAY now.

Prior to anesthesia, you cannot have food or much liquid and that would definitely include not taking any plant material.

All you need to do is relax and recover and once you get home, resume kratom use as needed. And let us know how much easier it was for you!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45232

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Golda55!

I’m not sure who told you that kratom prior to surgery is fine. I certainly would not recommend it. My recollection is only minor issues but NO FOOD OR DRINK after midnight the night before is pretty standard stuff for avoiding choking on vomit while coming out of anesthesia. A rare occurrence but a pretty standard procedure from what I remember.

Please follow the surgeon’s advice and not worry about kratom. You’ll be fine and you’ll know when it’s a good idea to resume kratom. You won’t have much TIME for withdrawals, but it’s recommended that you go easy on dose size and number of doses per day to minimize any possible discomfort.

Please let us know how you are doing and when you are going so we can have a virtual group hug/pray for you!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom before general anesthesia/surgery 11 months 3 weeks ago #45228

• GOLDA55
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
Did you take your usual kratom dosage before the anesthesia , i do not want to feel any withdrawals from not taking any Kratom the morning of surgery or days before. thank you Golda 55
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Joc81818

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds