09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Potentiators

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37820

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 859

TTB wrote: My favorite to use is coffee and or something like red bull or monster energy drinks. The caffeine helps kick it in faster and the citric acid helps break it down. I know the energy drinks aren't the best thing in the world but as long as you don't consume them a lot they're not to bad. Thank you all for joining the conversation. I come across tons of folks that don't know about potentiators so figured it would be great to start a thread to maybe help some out. Hope you all are well and stay healthy!! :)

I do like the coffee/kratom mix. In the morning I mix coffee, kratom, whey protein, stevia or monk fruit, and coconut oil in a blender. It it not bad tasting and it is like a mini breakfast. The protein powder doesn't seem to affect the absorption of kratom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, TTB, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37786

• TTB
  • TTB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
My favorite to use is coffee and or something like red bull or monster energy drinks. The caffeine helps kick it in faster and the citric acid helps break it down. I know the energy drinks aren't the best thing in the world but as long as you don't consume them a lot they're not to bad. Thank you all for joining the conversation. I come across tons of folks that don't know about potentiators so figured it would be great to start a thread to maybe help some out. Hope you all are well and stay healthy!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37774

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8690
You’re welcome, Somethingsacredgoinonhere!

I added agmatine to my day today and it was fine. It has pain relieving properties for me in the instant gratification! Like you, I’m cool with placebo IF IT WORKS- lol lol lol
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37750

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I recieved my agmatine today and gave it a try, I had taken a dose of Kratom about 2 hrs earlier, got home mixed agmatine (1/2 tsp) with OJ and 1-1/2 tsp Kratom, even though I had dosed earlier and took a small ( small for me) booster dose .... I do feel an effect that is promising!!

I’ll try in the morning with fresh 1st dose of the day,

Also when I took the CALM magnesium supplement I did notice a bit of potentiation . So I’d say it does add to the effects nicely, and either way ( placebo or not, which I’m cool with, but I don’t believe it’s placebo) it was noticeable and magnesium is great anywho !!

Interested in black seed, is this another name for black cumin??

Thx Laurie for the source recommendation
Bulk Supplement , I appreciate you

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37716

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8690
I also got some black seed oil capsules on Amazon (been too long to recall brand). I think it’s a wonderful supplement overall, but it gave me “the burps” and they were unpleasant tasting. It was a bit unsettling in the belly as well (heartburn like). I switched to flax seed oil capsules instead (keep refrigerated).

EDIT: my black seed oil experience (not negative) was with “Amazing Herbs Black Seed Oil 90 Softgel Capsules, 500 mg” from Amazon
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Laurie.

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37712

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4229
Black Seed Oil has many Benefits. I can see how Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother could Potentiate Kratom. ACV can give a mild mood lift after ingesting just by itself. It has other benefits as well.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Potentiators 1 year 3 weeks ago #37710

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4229

TTB wrote: Do you use potentiators with your doses? If so what do you like to use? If you don't know what a potentiator is , it's something you take before your dose to help the kratom work better.

There are just so Many Potential Potentiators for Kratom. I Recommend taking them at least 45 Minutes before your Kratom Dose. One I have yet to try is Watercress. I would Love to try that one.

The Best That I have Found So Far are:
Turmeric 95% Extract with Black Pepper
Cimetidine or Tagamet
Cayenne Pepper
White Grapefruit Juice
Cat's Claw
Agmatine
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, TTB, Tiggermanscrat

Potentiators 1 year 4 weeks ago #37668

• Usernametaken
  • Visitor
Has anyone heard of or used Watercress as a Potentiator? I read that it is on a vendor’s website, which I won’t name cause not ILK approved. Am I allowed to mention here, really not sure?

I tried getting some to try during the winter but I’m on East coast and according to my son who worked in produce at grocery store it’s not available till spring. Well spring”s here, thank God!

Also why is it only white grapefruit juice only?
Is Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother useful too?

What’s best dosage of turmeric and a good place to buy it premixed with black pepper? Laurie mentioned bulk supplements on Amazon. Maybe I’ll start there

Thanks All

Edit: gmantheman where do you buy the black seed oil and do you think it’s better than other Potentiators?

Last edit: by Usernametaken.

Potentiators 1 year 4 weeks ago #37667

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 859

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Goooood topic

Most of the time I mix my dose with OJ, not because of any potentiating effects , but because I like the flavor Sometimes I I’ll mix turmeric with my dose though I think it’s stated to be effective taking turmeric 15-30 minuets before Kratom, And on occasion I use a product called CALM, it’s a magnesium supplement. Used to use grapefruit juice from Trader Joe’s , but it wasn’t white juice which is the kind that boosts the strength of your dose...

Truth of the matter ( at least with me ) is occasionally I feel the boost from magnesium or turmeric.... but if I take these all the time I don’t notice.... tolerance?? Perhaps ..:. But my next dose I’ll try the magnesium because it’s been a while , I’ll report back :-bd :-bd

At night I sometimes mix calm with my kratom in hotwater. I am not sure if I feel any potentiation but it tastes okay and does help with regularity. Turmeric supplements do seem to help with making it last longer and with pain relief. The one supplement that I noticed that worked well was blackseed oil. A couple of teaspoons around 30 min or so did boost the effects of kratom. In the kratom world, YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by gmantheman.

Potentiators 1 year 4 weeks ago #37665

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 612
Hey Laurie, I'll just post the link from Madmax on this subject. Madmax needs his on sub-forum to store all his wonderful and knowledgeable posts and review :)

Here is a link to Madmax's review on the subject of potentiators:

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...each-one-works#35919
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by jayisk.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds