07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41474

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1157
One of the biggest benefits for me was answering the question of how well I'd feel as my system cleared. TLDR: Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, good, once a few hours of feeling meh/a bit off, and runny nosed, wore off.

www.we-heart.com/upload-images/pretty.gif

I've been taking Kratom usually three times a day, and I'm taking doses of 1.5 grams.

I extended my last KFF up to midnight of the next day just to see if I was misreading the time it took to rebound, and that a second obvious kind of crash had been waiting to hit. Thankfully, no, that wasn't the case.

I'm only referring to the physical effects, and the mental state that is influence by that. Were I to stop using Kratom for a week, or a month, then I'm sure I'd feel some kind of a sense of missing out.

Anyway, not being a masochist, and having the means and the information to prepare, I had at hand a formidable arsenal of supplements to compensate for the absence of Kratom, though nothing that hit the opioid receptors.

Speaking of them, I do take Agmatine, Black Seed Oil, and DLPA, all of which are said by some to compensate for not taking opioids for discomfort (among their other benefits).

Now, before I list my other supplements I guess I should disclose that I'm retired, and I'm currently on a schedule that is geared to leisure. So I don't have to deal with having to function after getting an hour or two less sleep than I could have used, or being at work and having to push myself, or getting mental stress from a supervisor, or while commuting, etc., etc., etc..

So while I'm not doing my KFFs from a luxury suite in Hawaii while getting massages and such, I am, relative to most people, in a pretty sweet spot to take a break from Kratom.

My "arsenal" includes Rhodiola Rosea, standardized to salidrosides (the speedy element, Valerian root extract, Passion Flower extract, and Lemon Balm extract. And sweet, sweet, Kava of course, though I schedule breaks from that as well.

I started taking ALCAR again, and that's good for the brain and also a bit of a boost. I take a wide array of vitamins and mineral supplements, among them high quality Magnesium. I take fish oil, SAMe, Hemp Oil, Red Reishi Mushroom Extract, and CBD extract.

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, I'll add mention of them later if they were important. The point being I'm obviously taking the easy way to skip a day. I like to think it's a matter of setting myself up for success, as I could come up with lots of excuses to not skip a day.

I try to set it up in my head where I don't have an aversion to the thought of skipping a day. I think that's important because should I have to abandon using Kratom for whatever reason, I think I can now approach that as not being some great, terrible, unknown.

So my supplement routine isn't what's important, what's important is getting satisfaction out of taking the break.

I've only been taking Kratom since early in the year, but just like with Kava, it clicked with me. Speaking of Kava, I once took a break from it and then just forgot to order/buy more, so that break went on for a month or so. I hope this is what stopping using Kratom would be like.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, lol, now that I posted this I hope I don't weasel out of the upcoming KFF. And hopefully I'll be doing fine and posting here on Friday afternoon.

Anyone who wants to jump in and join me, you're welcome to do so. It would be like a Festivus Miracle!
images.paperstyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/...s/815-75FN-013-z.jpg
And we don't need no stinking strict rules here for KFF. Anyone who just wants to do a taper that day can be part of the fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41475

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7930
I just love this idea, Babel-17! I’ll be mulling my plan some before coming back to post.

I have toyed with this idea so many times, but could never choose a day that would be “handy” for this. Haha!

I’m still waiting on the pugs. I’ll be mulling this over while walking them and I’m excited about the idea! Arsenal planning ahead. More later.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41476

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Laurie wrote: I just love this idea, Babel-17! I’ll be mulling my plan some before coming back to post.

I have toyed with this idea so many times, but could never choose a day that would be “handy” for this. Haha!

I’m still waiting on the pugs. I’ll be mulling this over while walking them and I’m excited about the idea! Arsenal planning ahead. More later.

Once I saw I had a couple of successes my arsenal became less important in its specifics, it was more about having some things that worked as a security blanket.

Tea and Kava would have been enough, I think, though some stuff like Magnesium is helpful all the time, so of course I'd take it on KFF.

For some people nothing special would be needed except a sense that they were giving themself some self care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41477

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2822
thank you babel! and laurie!

I do not use k usually at least 1 day a week. sometimes 2 if I do have 2 days off. my dose is still creepimg but im just trying to rotate vendors and strains daily.. so many to try why not? getting in a split key from natures cure probably tomorrow. their red borneo is the hubbys go to regular rotation in his strain. the super green mang da and red bali ( or yellow gold if out ) and some caps too will give us variety. not to mention I wanna try the bigger caps to see if I have any issue swallowing. maybe get a bigger cap machine, or ill just get to 00 size to do volume

laurie,

we might be on doggie duty soon. I have the little sh#t voluntarily tomorrow. my plan backfired we both love that little ballbuster! when my landloard has company stay they are bringing a dog and I don't think she will like her turf invaded!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41478

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I just remembered, as I take stuff that's supposed to prolong the Kratom burn feeling, for my last dose before KFF I don't take any of them. No black pepper, or grape seed extract, etc.. I read that St. John's Wort might, for some people, speed up the marking of Kratom for removal by the liver (it does the opposite of the black pepper in that regard). So I dug up an old bottle of St. John's wort I have and took it a little while after my last Kratom dose, and I took one the next day.

One needs to really read up on St. John's Wort before using it, and it can mess with women who are depending on their birth control pills to not get eliminated to quick from their blood stream. Lots of interactions with other medication!

But I'd taken it before, and I knew it could give me a stimulating effect, so I just planned on playing games and watching TV while the buzz was present.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41480

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good for you on having a long established habit of taking a break, michelle! I'm relatively new to Kratom, and I have a sort of mental block to taking an unplanned break, and having the prospect of needing a break in some indeterminable future looming over me was a bummer to consider, so establishing KFF goes with how I tend to thrive. It was like that for me with Kava. I'd think that in two days, or three days, I'd give it a rest for a while.

Ooh, I just remembered! I guess it's not off topic to mention that I was thinking of adding, in addition to KFF, a day of stem and vein once in a while. I checked out one site, but it was hard to figure out what color stem and vein they were offering. They mentioned having a variety, but I saw no way to avoid the reds. I figured if I was going to do a day of stem and vine I'd want a batch with the least amount of pain relieving alkaloids.

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41485

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2822
I see what you mean. it doesn't seem to give a choice on S&V. COB has only red vein stem tea bags. Ive never done a stem break but I don't think its as potent so having a red or a red mix might be better. or like robies idea on 'sun tea' with teabags, honey & stem/ vein.

others know much more bout this than me, im sure they will chime, I started the leaf beginning feb and its been a game changer for me. got employee of the month again. twice in 6 months! cause they know I bust my arse.

maybe stem/ vein Monday? just the first or last one of the month or whatever. take it from there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 3 weeks ago #41487

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
I get it. Psychological/psychosomatic support is the hard part. If I’m not dog sitting, and that just concluded, I can take it easy. Unfortunately, I need to take it easy most of the time. Which would be great if I could afford to! :-O

I’m going the stem n vein route for my first KFF (I keep it in stock handy always). And. FYI: There are useless differences between the colors with regard to the stem n vein - that’s why MOST NOT ALL - don’t offer variations. I’ve only gotten it once ever where there was a difference. It looked a different color as powder but the results were the same. I wouldn’t weigh too much difference into choosing, but some folks don’t believe that. Which is fine.

I believe Jen at Tea Time Botanicals carries stem n vein as well as the different colored ones?

www.teatimebotanical.com/product-page/stem-and-vein

COB often has an excellent stem n vein but I’ve not seen him offer the colors. I don’t see any stem n vein on his site, but he has a huge variety for fussy strain searches (off topic):

www.christophersorganicbotanicals.com/Buy-Kratom-s/117.htm

Many farmers don’t like to hassle with stem n vein.

I have interest in trying Hirsuta and Javanica as replacement leaf as well as for leg extensions on a regular dose. Still in the pre-trial testing in my room..(a friend sent me a dab of each). I’ll report back more on those after I’ve done more research.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Last edit: by Laurie.

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 2 weeks ago #41489

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3924
I’ll live vicariously through all your breaks .... my neck and back just says “KRATOM”!!!! ....

I’ve taken a 2 day break using akuamma... and that helped pretty good .... I’ll do that again at some point...
just that I have a feel good health regimen where kratom keeps me from being miserable in my body ....

What a great idea though.... I like the way you think Babel (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

I'm happy with my past four "Kratom-free Fridays" (KFF)/mini-tolerance breaks 4 months 2 weeks ago #41490

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
I know. Tricky dicky considering my back is painful to the touch - even tho it’s muscle pain shooting down my leg that bothers me the most.

You’re absolutely right about the attitude issue, Somethingsacred Brandon. I’ll prepare for that. Thanks
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds