07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: KAVA KAVA

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41891

• JdKrat
  • JdKrat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Can we talk about Kava for a bit? I've had such good luck with Kratom, I am wanting to try other natural plant medicine such as Kava. Never had it before but doing my research on it and it sounds like it might do the trick while taking a tolerance break from Kratom. What's your favorite way to make/strain your Kava drink? Favorite vendor? Seems like it is everywhere. I found a shaker cup with a strainer ball that looks really convenient, also the micronized instant Kava looks nice but more expensive than powder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41896

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2953
Hey friend ,

Kava is a great herb , really helps ease tensions , helps to shift down a gear or 2 .... stick with noble kava , that’s the kind you want ... also might take a handful of times to feel it’s effects ... has a reverse tolerance thing... unless you use a high kavalactone extract .. I’ve been told no reverse tolerance with that!!

Please Let us know how it goes !!!

Take care
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41905

• JdKrat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info. It looks like you don't consume the powder like we do with Kratom, Please share your method on how to prepare it. Thank You.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41907

• Babel-17
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 568
I used the big nylon strainer bag that one of the well known Kava suppliers sells.

Before that I used Kava extract, and today I still use Kava extract. Like many others, I use Bulk Supplements, and I buy through Amazon because I get free shipping, and 5% back by using their sponsored credit card.

500 grams for $36.95, and a single dose is one gram.

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41908

• Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I tend to use aroundb3-4 TBS of nicely ground kava in around 12-16 oz of Luke warm water in a jar .... a little dash of milk ..( fat is good to draw out the good stuff) shake the jar off and on for approximately 10 minuets , strain through a cloth napkin, bandana ect ...

Drink up your brew .... I drink half of the brew in one sitting ... a little later I drink the rest

That’s the way I do it , works good for me , others may throw it in a blender or massage by hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41910

• JdKrat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks all for sharing, I was just looking at the Bulk Supplements Kava but was disappointed to see they are adding Maltodextrin as fillers to their powder which is maybe why there price is really good.

KAVA KAVA 1 month 2 weeks ago #41914

• Babel-17
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, any company that gives you the extract in a powder or in a capsule has to use something to apply the extract to. Some companies might use liquid (glycerin and lecithin) in a capsule (Gaia Herbs), or an extract in an alcohol solution (Herb Pharm), but even those who don't use maltodextrin as their carrier will use something like rice powder, and that's basically pure carbohydrate. Even Nature's Answer, which is a premium brand, uses rice powder in their capsules.

I once had some highly concentrated Kava extract that was a paste (Polynesian Gold), but the price for the amount of kavalactones I got made it too expensive for me to reorder. It is a premiere way to take Kava though. You just dab the paste on your gums, or under your tongue.

KAVA KAVA 3 weeks 5 days ago #42642

• FusedFlora
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 122
I just have non-micronized Kava, fresh ground, a bit thicker than typical kratom. I use it in smoothies, tea, and sometimes just with milk.

My favorite is straight into chai latte.

I also like kanna, mullungi, and blue lotus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

KAVA KAVA 3 weeks 5 days ago #42644

• Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey bro , I’m interested in trying kanna more , never tried mulungi... Madmax has mentioned that it’s a good one!!

Good to see you (L)

KAVA KAVA 3 weeks 5 days ago #42651

• Babel-17
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I got some of Nature's Answer Kava-6 a week ago, and it is still good.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds