Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 7 months 2 weeks ago #49207

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
Nice seeing the Littlebear3 post! How are you doing? Hope you’re doing well!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 2 weeks ago #48244

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
My thought is that with the opioid panic, your friend may encounter having a hard time getting his pain meds. This has happened to many, and I like the feeling of having an alternative. But you can't get someone to try something if they don't want to.
I gave some to my nephew who has anxiety issues. I don't know if he's tried it, I haven't raised the issue.
But at least you tried.
You never know, he may come back to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48211

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Word up Laurie ! I agree with you and can say that’s my own take on it as well... also pretty much the main defining distinction between dependence and addiction...

I absolutely depend on the relief kratom gives , and my body is dependent and acclimated to taking it . Doesn’t mean there aren’t those who are inherently abusers of substance, addicts by genetic design .... but kratom , has its own buffer system in place that makes it extra hard to abuse .. (def possible though ) that whole less is more and more is less equation makes it so all but the worst effects will be felt by taking more and more powder .. thus the addictive persona is running the show despite the negative results ..

But knowing that all the best properties of kratom are experienced by a low to moderate dosage ... motivates us to use responsibly and mindfully to get the most benefits out of this miraculous herb because it helps sooooo much!

I get what you mean by saying if you were to be addicted , would prefer a natural substance in place of a synthetic one ... but keep in mind what Laurie wrote .. big difference between addiction and dependency :) no shame or harmful consequences from using a herb to better your quality of life and help weed out detrimental ones in the process!! Though respect and responsible use for the leaf is required B-)

Sorry lol, rant over :-bd

Buckey .... one of the hardest things is seeing loved ones in a opiate or other substance struggle and not being able to hand them the alternative for a better life ... extreme empathy for your situation brother..Keep doing good for you and that may be the attraction to get others to want the same for themselves!

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48210

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I tend to refer to my use as “dependence” rather than “addiction”. Addiction implies a lifestyle dominated by substance. I don’t think many people steal stuff from stores to sell it and buy more powdered leaf material. Addiction implies self destructive behavior I would not compare to dependent use of powdered leaf material.

Generalizing is never a good idea, so I’m only speaking for my interpretation of what addiction means.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Laurie.

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48209

• buckey
  • buckey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
just want to say Thanks to all, I totally understand, and thanks for all the love I feel from all who wayed in as I feel a lot out here know what I am talking about as the opioid thing reaches a lot out here. I feel we can never give up trying to help are fellow brothers and sisters even if it just comes from us sending them our sincere love that comes from are heart, our true hart not the physical one. And reading the reply’s I can feel your love, so thank you all out here.
I think I can get him to try again when he is ready. I keep telling him how much I am glad I found this plant and how much it is helping me fight my issues, and If I have to be addicted sort of speaking to something I rather it be a true plant based substance rather than a man made one… if you know what I mean…
Stay well all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48206

• buckey
  • buckey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
For all the people that have been on or around people or friends that are using opioids I feel have seen or are seeing kinda the same thing as in big mood swings, never seem to be happy and if they are only after taking their pill, but only last not too long, health issues, stuff like that, and it gets to the point that there hard to be around cause you can see that they are suffering ,and when you try to talk to them about it, they just shut right down and deny, so from what I read this plant has helped allot to get over the hump when trying to get off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48204

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Hey Buckey!

I agree with Laurie and Brandon about that you are a cool friend and sometimes as much as we know it would help them, they have to decide. Some people need to be let free some people need a kick in the butt, its hard to get it right or to know thats really what they needed until after the fact.

I have experienced similar when offering help to people that are suffering bad. It turns me up and down so i try to let it go after i offered it. This is not so much an adivce for you but more of a way to let you know that i understand cuz im in the same boat. We all are

Also reading your post again i see the only thing you told us about your friend is that he has been on opiates for 15 yrs because of pain. How is this going for him? What are the down sides he is having that could be made better by switching to kratom?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, buckey

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48156

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I know, right? I was really touched by your post, buckey.

You’re a very cool friend.

There are some old posts from BoMalley and others about wanting to let the world know about it, only to find a less than enthusiastic response.

Thanks for sharing your thoughtful experience.

SomethingSacred Brandon brother is right.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, buckey

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48147

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
You are most definitely a cool friend !! You care and that’s great medicine ... it’s very much like Laurie wrote , folks have to want the change and see the good in leaving behind a detrimental way of treatment ... your heart and head are in the best place ... but it comes down to the decision one must make for themselves... keep in mind the universes law of reverse ... the more you want to show the way ... may in fact push it farther away... my advise , let your friend know your available , and support offering a different way ... influence by example ... it’s all one can do ... for better or for worse !

Hi friends, looking for some advice for a friend. I will try to make this short 8 months 3 weeks ago #48129

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi buckey! I have run into this unfortunate problem. The only solution I have found is to pray for my friends and loved ones who are convinced the pill is the way to go and simply let it go. Many of my friends and loved ones could certainly benefit from kratom, but it’s not something they will even try unless THEY DECIDE and inquire first. Lately, there has been so much online censorship and propaganda that I am finding even more resistance to the leaf.

It’s so sweet that you checked how much he tried and called him on it <3. He is VERY FORTUNATE to have a loving, caring friend.

I’ve had letdowns of this sort in my own house for YEARS. It sucks.

You’re a cool friend.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, buckey, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds