09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Conundrum ~ tolerance, detoxing, and strain recommendations

My Conundrum ~ tolerance, detoxing, and strain recommendations 2 months 2 weeks ago #49074

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4229

Ratbone wrote: Hello! I did a peripheral search of the forums and did not find an answer to my exact question, please feel free to link me to anything I may have missed or to move my question if this is the wrong spot. Also, I measure my kratom by teaspoon and tablespoon, but have used grams conversion I found on the internet as it seems most people measure by grams.

Now for my question:
After using kratom for 3 years, I have built a tolerance (no, I did not rotate, time my doses, etc, oops!). I currently have 3 different types of maeng da from different suppliers as I like to shop around. I also have some white and red borneo and one other type in my collection but I don't care for them. I had been taking 1-2 tablespoons a day (7-14grams) of maeng da daily. So now I am trying to detox to get my tolerance back down. I can't go cold turkey, so I have reduced my intake. I am now taking 1 teaspoon (sometimes up to 2 teaspoons) per day which is about 2.5-5 grams approximately. I also add tumeric. Will decreasing like this be an effective way to get my tolerance down or do I need to completely get away from maeng da or take a complete kratom break? I have been on this lower dose for one week now. Should I carry on or do something differently? Thanks for any advice!!
(Side note - the day I realized kratom was no longer working was so disappointing! I really needed a boost and I got nothing from it! So I took more and it actually made me tired! Which I read may be Alkaloid overload?)

To sum up my questions:
- How long does it take to loose tolerance that has built up?
- Will lowering the dose be helpful or do I need a clean break from it?
- I use kratom solely for mood enhancement (happy happy happy!) and extra energy is a bonus. If I am taking a break from Maeng Da, which type would you recommend?

THANK YOU for any info or sharing your experience!

Welcome to the Forum Ratbone! Glad to have you here.

Tolerance is a Tricky thing to Deal with but if you want to Lower your Tolerance I would suggest getting Stem & Vein & Agmatine & blending it with your Kratom & slowly lowering your Dosage. I wouldn't think you would have to go cold turkey. I couldn't say how long it would take to get your Tolerance down because everybody's Body Chemistry is Different. You should be Blending either S&V or Agmatine to Replace the Kratom that your not Taking. You can slowly Taper your Kratom according to your Usage. A Milligram Scale is Recommended. Agmatine will help get your Kratom Tolerance down just by taking it & Stem & Vein are the Stems of the Kratom Leaves that have Different Alkaloids than Plain Leaf Kratom does so it will give your body a rest from the alkaloids from the Plain Leaf.

Now other than Maeng Da I would Recommend any Malay, Vietnam, Riau or White Horn, White Kapuas, White Borneo, White Sumatra, White Thai as well as the Green Versions of these.

Private Message me if you want me to Explain anything else for you or if you have anymore Questions don't Hesitate to PM me.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ratbone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by madmaxnightrider.

My Conundrum ~ tolerance, detoxing, and strain recommendations 2 months 2 weeks ago #49068

• KratoCan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
@Ratbone,
Greetings!
I've been in the kratom world for about as long as you have, and dove in with both feet, circa 2016. After a painful spine condition worsened, I was left with K as my only viable alternative, thankfully I found it!
I prefer the prospect of slight withdrawal from K instead of the risk of blowing out a kidney with ibuprofen or naproxen for pain. Lucky for me, I live in Michigan where I can legally stack Cannabis with my kratom, which for me works the best, with the active constituents of both Krato-Can working together......(not recommended in a non-friendly 420 state)
I have heard that a "kratom wash" is a good idea, taking one day a week off from kratom, every week. Some say that this is the first rule before even starting, lol. On wash day, a stack of caffeine and phenibut have been recommended, however now you're in the world of legal nootropic pharmaceuticals. Tiptoe carefully into this pond, my friend!
I find the best way to cut back is to taper slowly, one or two grams at a time, May take weeks. During the taper period, adding a potentiate such as some capped cayenne powder along with the kratom provides stronger effect of kratom, while using less kratom, there are other potentiators also.
If you want a clean break, things to try would be Mitragyna Javanica combined with L-Theanine, or Ashwanine (available at Naturescure)
naturescurekratom.com/product-category/other/

While you're at Naturescure, check out the Green Malay which is a nice change if you're used to Maeng Da all the time.
It kicks a good punch like Maeng Da, but the alkaloid profile is a bit different.
Please note that none of this is sound medical advice, only my humble opinion and a sharing of my experience!

Peace,
Dami
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer."

George S. Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Cori177, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ratbone

Last edit: by KratoCan.

My Conundrum ~ tolerance, detoxing, and strain recommendations 2 months 2 weeks ago #49067

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1028
Great job lowering your dose significantly for week , that’s awesome !!! I think you’ve already lowered your tolerance to some degree with that , keep it up and your tolerance will continue to drop... for complete reset .. which I’ve never taken personally, only 2day breaks twice (with the help of akuamma )since i started taking kratom ..I still get very nice results , though it’s not like I’m the very beginning , the energy , pain relief and moodlift is respectability strong more so than not !

some folks report that 2-4!weeks is good, either with a lower dose regimen like your now on or a complete kratom abstinence...some might need shorter or longer breaks because of chemistry differences.

I rotate strains like it’s going out of style , I feel that rotating is a big factor in continuing to get great results , and keeping a steady and consistent dosing protocol.... I dose approximately every 4-6hrs, 2tsp per dose 3-5x a day , Very rarely taking the same variety twice in the same day , usually a day or two later I’ll take the same “strain” again. That schedule is predominantly the way I go about it but some days bigger doses and more frequent .

I experience tolerance issues as well , lowered effects for a few days ...then I’m back to experiencing better doses .
I think getting a good selection from a few trusted vendors would be good , stay hydrated , it helps with having better effects for me ... plus just a good thing to keep up on, add some Hirsuta to your routine , helps give energy and doesn’t have any mitragynine or 7ohm, also stem & vein , substituting kratom with these while tapering will aide into lowering your tolerance.

Sorry , I’m probably all over the place , I think your in your way to a hefty tolerance reduction , and it will be worth ...

Taper , taper , taper ... rotate and then some B-)

Please share your results when your tapering mission is complete , hope my ramble was useful lol,,.
Hope others will chime in , lots of knowledgeable folks here

take care Ratbone...
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Cori177, Tiggermanscrat, KratoCan, Ratbone

My Conundrum ~ tolerance, detoxing, and strain recommendations 2 months 2 weeks ago #49064

• Ratbone
  • Ratbone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hello! I did a peripheral search of the forums and did not find an answer to my exact question, please feel free to link me to anything I may have missed or to move my question if this is the wrong spot. Also, I measure my kratom by teaspoon and tablespoon, but have used grams conversion I found on the internet as it seems most people measure by grams.

Now for my question:
After using kratom for 3 years, I have built a tolerance (no, I did not rotate, time my doses, etc, oops!). I currently have 3 different types of maeng da from different suppliers as I like to shop around. I also have some white and red borneo and one other type in my collection but I don't care for them. I had been taking 1-2 tablespoons a day (7-14grams) of maeng da daily. So now I am trying to detox to get my tolerance back down. I can't go cold turkey, so I have reduced my intake. I am now taking 1 teaspoon (sometimes up to 2 teaspoons) per day which is about 2.5-5 grams approximately. I also add tumeric. Will decreasing like this be an effective way to get my tolerance down or do I need to completely get away from maeng da or take a complete kratom break? I have been on this lower dose for one week now. Should I carry on or do something differently? Thanks for any advice!!
(Side note - the day I realized kratom was no longer working was so disappointing! I really needed a boost and I got nothing from it! So I took more and it actually made me tired! Which I read may be Alkaloid overload?)

To sum up my questions:
- How long does it take to loose tolerance that has built up?
- Will lowering the dose be helpful or do I need a clean break from it?
- I use kratom solely for mood enhancement (happy happy happy!) and extra energy is a bonus. If I am taking a break from Maeng Da, which type would you recommend?

THANK YOU for any info or sharing your experience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, KratoCan, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Ratbone.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds