Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC:

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49445

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Just to clarify: kratom dosen't contain chloroquine, it contains compounds that may act in a similar fashion. The article that started people on saying it did was actually translated from Indonesian and just shared (went viral!) quickly across the web. Here is a link to a video explaining this clearly youtu.be/GjQ-KEwv05E

And in more details here
youtu.be/hIdI472Y8_s

And Dogsol, im willing to participate in your idea by sharing my anecdotal personal situation. I live in a city and volunteer at a place that makes me exposed quite a lot

And Don, if you don't find TP there is also the option of buying a bidet, the water spraying thing. Just 50$ and its more eco friendly. I don't have one but im convinced its the best, why? One day a guy told me: "lets say you're walking along and you trip over something, loose your footing and fall face first in a pile of shit. Now, would you rather wash your face with water or wipe it down with a paper towel?" Haha convincing right?!

Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49438

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4051
don- I think you had a really strange mom. lololololol But we cannot judge anyone's strategies that lived through world wars and the depression.

About COVID and Kratom- I didn't mention in my last post. My dosage is lower than some. And some days I only take it once a day. I probably should have regularly dosed when I was sick from the beginning.

Good night- I should sign out and get a shower in, prepare my night kratom dose. Love to Liz stay well you 2!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49437

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Semper fi usmc2003,
Thank you for starting a thread that some of my favorite ILK family responded to.
Hey Nan, Laurie, and Brandon >:D >:D >:D

I'd like to think I would still take kratom while I had the virus. But then being the old fart that I am I just might be in the hospital and have no access to my ZAPs. :-? :woohoo:
My wife would have to sneak it in to me. :lol:

I swear that since I started taking kratom, 1 year ago on March 4 :-P , that I haven't been sick. My wife has actually commented that I haven't been sick. And my previously normal yearly allergies leading to sinus infections have not occurred since I started. There has to be something in this magical leaf that is helping me. =D>

Now for the serious stuff.
Were any of y'all shown the 3 square only method of TP usage. Growing up on welfare with 4 women in the house my mom was very strict on us only being allowed to use 3 squares of TP per s*itting. :ohmy:
This may be TMI but we were taught to break off exactly 3 squares and then align the 3 as 1 square in our hand. Then wipe and fold that square in half with only that hand. Then wipe again if needed and do the one handed fold in half again. Unless you had diarrhea you wer not allowed to take another 3 squares. Was ths the "normal" for anyone else or did I just have a really strange mom? :ohmy:

What did people do before TP?:-?
I probably don't want to know. :lol:

Well it's past my bedtime and my babes is waiting for me so I'm off to rest up for tomorrow's excursion into the cruel world of looking for TP.

Love y'all :x
Don :silly:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49435

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
I had the link that explained the hows and whys hydroxychloroquine is supposed to work to help prevent and use to treat COVID-19 I didn't bookmark it and now I cannot find it. So I will settle for this
( www.biospace.com/article/hydroxychloroquine-and-z-...atment-for-covid-19/ ) They are removing whatever the hell the can from the internet that they can get away with. Censorship is real I am finding too that the YouTube comment section doesn't load. Also I believe Paul felt his web server had censored his blog.
How it works dumbed down-
"showed a significant reduction of the viral carriage” after six days of treatment and “much lower average carrying duration” compared to patients receiving other treatment."
It reduces the rate this virus attaches to the cells so it lowers the risk. It is fairly "safe" for a pharmaceutical the same ratio of side effects and risks of any other FDA approved drug.
Its cheap, not designer, not longer under patent, generics are available. So when I saw the push back to use this as a treatment you can tell the bigpharm companies that are rushing to create their treatment saw dollars flushing down the toilet. That being said my husband has family all over the place overseas and my sister in-law works in the medical field. The are using chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid and they are seeing much shorter hospital stays and reduced rates of IUC patients. That's all they can say to me over the phone.

As far as kratom goes treating malaria is one of its list of benefits. I believe I had this back in December.(I want an anti body test) But I was given a handful of western treatment which made me worse , cough suppressants, asthma inhaler, zpack. Nada, nothing, helped. Kratom was the only thing that suppressed my cough. I rarely go to the doctor useless I feel death is approaching. I do believe when I went back to kratom with a war chest of naturals I improved and staved off the worst that could have happen.
Also my daughter has lupus and is much more likely to pick up any virus works a high traffic dealing with the public job takes hydroxychloroquine and Kratom and hasn't so much as had a cold..Hydroxychloroquine has a risk of increased eye disease but from higher doses and long term use and some cardiac issues for those with heart issues.
Sorry if this is all over the place. In summary(lol finally) If the FDA tried to push back on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine and I can no longer find some of the supporting data searching the internet, gathering data supporting any positive use of kratom is not going to happen where anybody could access it. I don't want to be a negative Nancy but.....

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49432

• DogSol
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
so this a topic i wanted to start a thread about. Kratom vs. Covid. Im sure most of you have read the articles pointing out that kratom contains chloroquine. an anti-malarial drug shown to be effective against coronovirus. someone in this very thread points out that kratom has historically been used to treat malaria. we don't know these things in the west because we don't have malaria around here.
So this is essentially the same drug that lord trump is hoping and praying will save his ass from this pandemic. Of course it can be dangerous. News reports that a couple had some chloriquine left over from their koi fish pond and hoped it would keep them safe. Unwise. as it turns out. wife recovered from acute toxicity. husband dead. so who knows how that will play out but im sure Pharma will find a way to burn us all in the end.
but thats not really what im interested in. what i want to know... what i want to do.. is track who among US kratom users who actually gets this thing. If we can track it well enough we can could compile a reasonable chunk of data. data that could help us in the next inevitable fight for legal standing. just imagine if we could draw a line between kratom and resistance to the great plague of the 21st century
So what I would like to do is create a thread here on this website where each of us reports if we happen to CONTRACT this covid-19. we want to report, hopefully, all on a single thread, which we will have to keep track of somehow. it won't do to be using a new thread for each reported infection. complexity would be the enemy in this.
but not just users of this website. we would want to count ALL the kratom users that we personally know who contract this. surely it won't provide total complete immunity but if our numbers are better than the rest of the non-kratom community.. thats what we want to know.
and one thing that we really want to know is our exposure compared to contraction of the virus.. Who is still working? being exposed and still not infected.
do you have a member of your household who has contracted while YOU do not. That would be statistical GOLD!
For instance. I am still working in a fast food restaurant. everything else is closed here. so everyone is eating at my restaurant and Im terrified that i will bring it home to my 65 year old father, but who can just quit? Ive already cut my days but truly, what chance does that have of working? I can't lose him. not now. not with it being me who brought it home. my only hope is that I have enhanced resistance... but im afraid that he is already showing symptoms. we are both afraid. I am still fine. my luck usually protects the people i care about, but luck always runs out... and only luck can say when it will.
can anybody commit to tracking this data? if anyone has any ideas how make this NEW thread stay on top of the list and remain active or at least easy to find, then we should do that. other wise I will try to find all of the individual posts (if anybody wants to play) and track them on my own. I can easily envision a scenario where I fail to do this though.
So lets have some ideas! lets discuss them on this thread and work out how it will be done...
so i hope we all agree to participate. Ill check in later and see what everyone else thinks.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49430

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9079
LOL LOL it really IS all in the mind! Mom is a Kleenex brand tissue user and I always get those packs of 6 boxes. She calls it a “Kleenex cascade” that occurs where we have boxes EVERYWHERE and they all run empty at the same time. Hence the case of six. So yeah, I got a spare case. It would not last long if TP were to come available. But alas, I invested in some “fine dinner” paper napkins for if the Kleenex situation is at risk. The cascades don’t end when the world does. Who knew?! LMAO
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49429

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Finding toilet paper for peace of mind. Try the drug store like CVS or Rtie-Aid. You can always use tissues(this has always been my backup for running out) works very very well.
My Dad swears that they have plenty in the warehouse but holding it back because for some reason -THIS- running out of toilet paper strikes terror in us all. They need to keep us checking back in and buying buying buying. Which is so sad I know families spent more than half of their pay checks in panic food shopping.
Oranges they have plenty, canned food so far so good, rice, pasta yep still there.....Toilet paper, empty shelves, its the Armageddon.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49427

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9079
Hey Usmc2003, I hope we didn’t chase you off with the feeling of “know it all” replies. We try to NOT DO THAT because there are enough resources of that nature. I’ve had a light fever all day and Mom thinks she has a cold coming on. But there’s no way to check us, so we are assuming the STRESS and EXHAUSTION is wearing us down a little. Plus, I keep shopping for a week, then we NEED something and I shop for a week while I get it, then we NEED something and I shop for a week. We are probably tired from eating junk food added to our essential shopping. Ridiculous.

I guess there will never be a pack of 4 rolls of TP on store shelves ever again? I don’t get it. Why can’t people shop filling their garages and storage sheds, please?! Unfortunately the same problem is occurring across the country! Had I shopped the day before, we would not need to ask. But we only kept enough on hand for a month.

Really hoping for the best for you, Usmc2003! Great question for the forum!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 6 days ago #49417

• Usmc2003
  • Usmc2003's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
thank you for the advice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Kratom and COVID 7 months 6 days ago #49416

• Usmc2003
  • Usmc2003's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Alright everyone thank you for the advice, while I am new to this forum I am not new to kratom. Luckily I don’t have the virus yet, not that I know of anyways. And I guess everyone is right, if you’re “that” sick you probably won’t be able to take it anyways. I did have walking pneumonia a few weeks ago and I was pretty sick but kratom helped a lot, I couldn’t have done it without kratom. But this is a new virus and knock on wood I don’t get it but if I do I just wanted some opinions on how to proceed. That you everyone and be safe!

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds