Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC:

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49415

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9076
Pretty good stuff in ILK...”so I didn’t have to worry about herniating a disc or breaking blood vessels in my face”! Now that is some funny chit. Unfortunately not funny AT THE TIME, of course. I didn’t get near the selection of useless products! I got some cough suppressant I never heard of - in gel caps (?) and a z pack after I visited the dr a second time. That was the last time I saw her and I keep praying for that dr because she CARES. Unfortunately she studied Western Medicine. But the sensitivity and actual listening is rare these days. She still has someone type it up while she talks AFTER the visit, so it’s not quite so automated feeling.

Thanks for the giggle, Nan70! I almost herniated a disc and woke Mom’s dog from laughing amid a global calamity! ;-o
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Usmc2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49414

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4051
Mid December. I had an completely dry violent unproductive cough with body aches and chills lasted three weeks. The doctor prescribed a number of cough suppressants, decongestants, an asthma inhaler and a zpack. Just useless. Kratom was the only thing that repressed my cough so I didn't have to worry about herniating a disc or breaking blood vessels in my face.I ditched the prescribed meds and went full out herbal including kratom. Saline nasal spray and a humidifier also.

These are the alkaloids in kratom that could very well be useful to help viruses in general,
kaybotanicals.com/kratom-alkaloids/
www.kratomscience.com/mitragyna-speciosa-kratom-alkaloids-effects/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Usmc2003

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49412

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Milligrams! 1200 milligrams per dose as needed. Most I’ve needed is 3 times in one day, but with that virus, I was too weak to bother with anything. I was on a 3 week dog sitting assignment and have NO IDEA how I managed. Those dogs were NOT IMPRESSED with my “enthusiasm”, but they really didn’t care much for walking in the cold (it was still Winter back in February) !

I have no clue as to the name of that virus. So I’m just saying, these suckers are NO JOKE. Have supplies within reach. I keep 9 bottles of water by the bedside! I rotate and refill them. All botanicals also within reach.

I hope we all get through this thing with only STORIES TO TELL OVER THE REST OF OUR LIVES. NOBODY will ever be at a loss for something to talk about EVER AGAIN, LOL

EDIT: THANK YOU, CanadianTW for caring! Stay well, safe social distance :(
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Usmc2003

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49411

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Laurie i didn't know you were sick like that! Good job on fighting it, glad you won

1200 Mhz of akuamma wow ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Usmc2003

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49404

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
My last reply wasn’t clear. So you know I’m fine because that’s normal.

I had a very serious virus recently. It decided for me what to take. I think a lot of kratom users are familiar with following instincts from body and mind, to some degree.

From all I’ve read, the COVID-19 virus will dictate treatment without pondering whether or not to ingest kratom. During my recent virus, my body was too weak to bother with kratom and my mind did not have any interest in the clarity benefits I was too sick to enjoy. I simply preferred eating oranges over ANYTHING (not normally an orange eater, but they have been in season between then and now). I have been eating oranges EVERY DAY SINCE. Still!

With the fever and weakness, I had no inclination to use kratom until well into the second week. Even then, I found Hirsuta to be much more desirable/helpful. Mitraphylline is also found in Cat’s Claw. For about 3 days, all I could stomach was a couple teaspoons of Hirsuta (TOTAL, not all at once or per dose) all day. I added electrolytes to every cup of water I drank.

But I did not feel like I was missing the benefits of kratom, it was right there handy. I did take a capsule at bedtime (didn’t matter what color or strain or from what vendor) along with 1200 MHz of akuamma.

Like I said before, personally, I recommend having a wide range of healthy botanicals well within reach. I found akuamma (picralima seeds) to be very helpful in place of ibuprofen, which incidentally, is RUMORED to be very UNHELPFUL for COVID-19. There is no such thing as information verification, so I’m avoiding ibuprofen as a precaution. And I use akuamma instead - even tho it’s considerably more expensive.

For fever reduction and overall comfort of minor illnesses, I find kratom mildly helpful but it’s more useful for me as an anti-depressant and as a pain reliever. Body aches from fever do not respond to kratom in my personal metabolism.

Just be sure to have stuff VERY NEARBY. Lifting my arm to change the channel on the tv I was facing (not able to watch) was difficult.

Yes, I normally have a compromised immune system and I got that virus from stupid but loved friends who said, “we’ve been so sick! But we are on antibiotics now!” and everyone in that room was sick as hello within 2 days because ANTIBIOTICS DO NOT CURE VIRUSES AND DO NOT AFFECT CONTAGION! Please stay home if you have a minor fever.

EDIT: Usmc2003, great intro post! Hope you don’t have need for any of this!
Laurie

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49402

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
Let me back track a bit lol,

Welcome to the ILK family Usmc2003,

Great to have you here , as to wether to continue taking kratom or not if I’ll with this virus ... I answered what i think I’d do .... continue utilizing, the only consideration would be keeping hydrated. Guess I mentioned that already lol, I’ve only been actually ill one time in the almost 3 years I’ve been utilizing kratom . So based on that ... pretty confident I’d keep on chugging along with my leaf ally !! (L) (c) (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Usmc2003

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49400

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
At a glance , Most likely I’d continue to take kratom . The immune stimulating properties alone are good motivation to keep utilizing the leaf , the cons.... the hydrating factor would def be a consideration... I’d need to keep hydration up as priority towards the top of the important list , extra minerals and electrolytes added to my water ...

But that’s just my take , I don’t have it at the moment ....and if I end up getting it , perhaps my body will demand a diff approach altogether...

The thing I keep thinking about is how strong our bodies are at eliminating toxins and unfriendly elements....

Ofcourse for anyone who is immune compromised, do the best you can to stay clear of this virus , while continuing to feed your system with proper minerals and nutrients.... in the event you contract this , get proper treatment and trust in your body to do the rest :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Usmc2003

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49398

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
I would take it even more religiously if i get sick. It does benefit me in many ways, supporting the immune system in one of them. There is an overwhelming amount of people noticing they didn't get sick since taking kratom, people that used to get the flu easily. Im one of them.

Kratoms effects on supporting health have been observed by users and by scientists, many compounds in it have been researched. Without making health claims, there is a real possibility that it helps prevent viral infections. Its been used for malaria since a long time. It has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. Its good as long as you don't overdo it, im talking about responsible use of plain leaf here, not abuse or any kind of extract.

Welcome in the community btw,
Stay safe and healthy :)

Wash your hands
Sleep well
Eat good
Exercise every day
Keep hydrated
Nurture love

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49397

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Welcome to the coolest kratom forum ever, Usmc2003!

You’re new and missed my whining during a fairly recent serious virus I had for 3 weeks SOLID. That virus decided for me. Since some of us will have symptoms and some not, I have made certain to have a variety of botanicals handy, in addition to kratom. For hospitalization and in the ICU on a ventilator, I will not be using it until I’ve (hopefully) returned home to continue to recover (hopefully) and will follow instincts. Things like akuamma (picralima seeds), Hirsuta, Javanica and mostly red veined kratom were utilized. It was a VERY LONG 3 weeks.

Have you got a plan in place, supplies? Great question to pose to the forum. I hope nobody here has to experience it, but by all accounts, I believe we will ALL be personally touched by this nasty virus and our experiences will be completely and utterly unpredictable.

I actually do believe kratom use might well be to our advantage. I’m not one to usually “blame” kratom for this or that like many people do. But I have a gut feeling that kratom will shine brightly during this crisis to the point that the eff dee yay will be held responsible for unnecessary suffering and even death by attempting to limit adult access to the fine leaf.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Usmc2003

Kratom and COVID 7 months 5 days ago #49396

• Usmc2003
  • Usmc2003's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Has anyone thought about if they are going to continue taking Kratom if they contract corona? What would be the pros and cons of continuing to take it as opposed to stopping it? Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Patman

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds