Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 2 weeks ago #49661

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 597

kratering wrote: Well I've been sick for over 10 days. I suspect that I might have the Covid 19 Virus but not sure,.I'm in the danger zone. 59 years old and Diabetic. So maybe a 20% chance that I won't be around in a week to follow up on this thread. I hope I'm not being too melodramatic but I'm just facing my mortality.

I'm still going to work. Everyone is very distanced here and it's probably selfish but If I didn't have my Job to keep me busy, I'd probably go nuts worrying.

Basically for more than 10 days I've had the mildest cold. I have to clear my throat. My nose is the slightest bit stuffy. My throat the slightest bit red.I feel the slightest bit Chilly. I feel like I'm going to become sick from the flue but it hasn't progressed. The next week is going to be key either I'll get over it or I won't .

I haven't shared this with anyone By sharing it I'm admitting to myself that I might be sick. . It's been so mild that I'm not sure it's in my imagination. But I know it's not. It could be a different cold or flue, but it's sure coincidental.

The one thing that I've noticed is that anytime I feel the symptoms coming on I take Kratom and feel better and they go away. over the Weekend I felt it progressing and took a dose of Kratom and all the symptoms simply went away.

This morning I forgot to take my morning dose and I started sweating and possibly running a fever. I took a 7g dose and within an hour the symptoms had pretty much gone away. It also calmed my mind.

I'm suspecting, maybe it's false hope that Kratom is helping me fight off this thing at the least I'm positive that it's alleviating the symptoms.

I'm going to continue to take Kratom, in fact I'm going to make sure to take it more frequently.. Because on top of making the symptoms go away it also is alleviating my anxiety.

Anyway wish me Luck. I'll keep the thread up to date.

I hope you get to feeling better. Being sick/ill sucks for anyone, especially with other underlying conditions,

Sometimes those "cold like symptoms" in myself are present when I start tapering or forget to dose. I've thought the same before; that the kratom was helping fight a cold, but in my case perhaps it kept the withdrawal away. Not saying you're not sick, just speaking from my personal experience with tapering my tolerance.

Given the current situation, I would get checked if I had any doubts and agree with everyone. Getting checked wouldn't necessarily be for me, but so I could protect those around me better and not expose them. That way if I actually do have it, and am noticing the effects reduced from the kratom, at least I know it's an illness creating the stuffy nose/sweats and not the kratom withdrawals. Since you're still working, I would think better to er' on the side of caution. The added benefit would be that if it started worsening, I'd also know to get help sooner rather than later, as COVID-19 has shown older folks with other underlying issues are most at risk.

Let us know how you're feeling, we're all here for support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 2 weeks ago #49660

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1977
Thank you for the update kratering ,

It’s the best news about no lung issues , I read this earlier and felt a wave of relief ,

Sounds like your body is kicking that viruses a$$!!!

Keep doing what your doing cause by all accounts ... sounds like you got this ..

Much love brother , and def need to thank the kratom fairies for doing such a good job at helping your symptoms, pretty amazing what our bodies can do, and how much kratom can help .

Keep healing up my kratom broski
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 3 weeks ago #49651

• kratering
  • kratering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 589
Well two more days have passed and it hasn't gone into my lungs. Thank gosh!! Fingers crossed.
They say the end is very close when it affects the lungs.

I still have a mild cold and I've started getting the sweats, some tiredness too.

Don't know if I have a fever because don't have a thermometer.

. Just another week or so until I'm done this thing.for better or worse.

Am noticing a correlation between when Kratom wears off and the symptoms show up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 3 weeks ago #49594

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Hello and good evening everyone. I'm sorry to hear this kratering! I sure hope you don't have it. As far as the Kratom goes? Keep on believing in it! It's probably more effective than that anti-malarial drug the doctors are going to start prescribing! I know dadgum well it's way safer. The mind and body working together with belief and hope is a very powerful thing! I also think Littlebear is right. Give yourself, and others, the benefit of the doubt and remove yourself from your place of work. But keep on believing! We all, here onn the ILK, need to hope for each other, and strongly, in the collective sense. That's just as important as other nostrum's that are being flouted. And I'll hope along with you. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 3 weeks ago #49592

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I’ve really been studying this including first hand accounts of people who have had this.
This corona virus is different from others in that it’s main activity is in the lungs, unlike a cold which impacts the upper respiratory system. So the runny nose, sore throat and such is probably a good sign.

I had pneumonia a few months ago and spent a week in the hospital. Shortly after I got out I developed something like you described. It hung on for a month, bouts of laryngitis, probably caused by post nasal drip. It eventually cleared up.

If you have Covid 19, it is probably mild and won’t get worse. However, please stay home. You may be spreading to someone who has a very vulnerable loved one.

You should be experiencing shortness of breath if it is progressing. Please see a doctor and isolate.

I have asthma, had pneumonia twice and am 69. This virus would kill me. Protect others and quit going to work. You could pass it to someone I might come in contact with depending where you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Littlebear3. Reason: Correction

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 3 weeks ago #49583

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1977
Kratering!!!

Hey my friend , that’s a bit unsettling to think you might have this virus ,,. From the sound of it , your body’s immune system is kicking ar$e in a awesome way ...

What a crazy thing to ponder the mortality aspect of life , I suspect that even if you have this nar nar virus , you will be good , your body won’t put up with that crap, it’s doing it’s job as I write ,

....sending you the best protective strength for you ,

I know from personal experience that I have only been what I can call sick 1 time in almost three years ... I attribute this to kratom , helping me feel less stressed, more happiness, more energy and lowered pain ... al things that contribute to good health .... then the fact that certain compounds within our favorite leaf can stimulate and possibly strengthen our immune system , no claims being made , just my understanding and feelings of it .

Brother man , please keep checking in with us , we care about your wellbeing and are here to be a solid post to lean on ! If for any reason symptoms get bad , Mainly respiratory symptoms , please get treatment . But again , sounds like your body knows what to do and is doing a mighty fine job of doing it ! Keep hydrated and dose up on vit c , lemon water is great, get rest and X out stress!!

Thank you for sharing this with the community, we’re here for you bro ,
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Strange Days → Feeling Sick and Taking Kratom 6 months 3 weeks ago #49580

• kratering
  • kratering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 589
Well I've been sick for over 10 days. I suspect that I might have the Covid 19 Virus but not sure,.I'm in the danger zone. 59 years old and Diabetic. So maybe a 20% chance that I won't be around in a week to follow up on this thread. I hope I'm not being too melodramatic but I'm just facing my mortality.

I'm still going to work. Everyone is very distanced here and it's probably selfish but If I didn't have my Job to keep me busy, I'd probably go nuts worrying.

Basically for more than 10 days I've had the mildest cold. I have to clear my throat. My nose is the slightest bit stuffy. My throat the slightest bit red.I feel the slightest bit Chilly. I feel like I'm going to become sick from the flue but it hasn't progressed. The next week is going to be key either I'll get over it or I won't .

I haven't shared this with anyone By sharing it I'm admitting to myself that I might be sick. . It's been so mild that I'm not sure it's in my imagination. But I know it's not. It could be a different cold or flue, but it's sure coincidental.

The one thing that I've noticed is that anytime I feel the symptoms coming on I take Kratom and feel better and they go away. over the Weekend I felt it progressing and took a dose of Kratom and all the symptoms simply went away.

This morning I forgot to take my morning dose and I started sweating and possibly running a fever. I took a 7g dose and within an hour the symptoms had pretty much gone away. It also calmed my mind.

I'm suspecting, maybe it's false hope that Kratom is helping me fight off this thing at the least I'm positive that it's alleviating the symptoms.

I'm going to continue to take Kratom, in fact I'm going to make sure to take it more frequently.. Because on top of making the symptoms go away it also is alleviating my anxiety.

Anyway wish me Luck. I'll keep the thread up to date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Robie, Babel-17

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds