Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49779

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2540
It's part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, so I think that if it was prone to cause fatigue then that would have been noted by now. If you're running on adrenalin/on your last nerve, then anything that soothes you could aid in natural feelings of fatigue start to register, instead of being held in abeyance by being over stimulated. This is also known as crashing, and many people hate that feeling so much that they'll drink coffee when exhausted, even though they'd be going to bed in short order. They prefer feeling stimulated rather than crashing. Been there, done that, and to this day I'll still engage in a bit of that at times. You wake up exhausted because you're short on rest, and if Skullcap is pushing you towards a more normal state of not being in "fight or flight", you could feel crappier than you would if you kept living on the edge. Maybe try Rhodiola or ginseng in the morning if you have to get up and go to work. IIRC they could help in keeping your adrenals and whatnot from really getting out of whack. Plenty of herbs might also do the job. Ashwagandha is a good one.

www.chineseherbshealing.com/scutellaria-baicalensis/

"Scutellaria baicalensis side effects and contraindications

Since it is often consumed to cure ailments, the safety and toxicity of scutellaria baicalensis need the most attention. But don’t worry, this herb is safe enough to be eaten as long as used properly. That is the reason why the AHPA rated it with a class 1. TCM wise, because of its bitter nature it shouldn’t be used in the case of deficiency-cold in spleen and stomach."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49774

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4421
aww littlebear im sorry I didn't see this fast enough. I don't have any issues with skullcap. but that's me. I only take I -00 capsule. but I am sensitive to most 'medicines' if wired and have to go to sleep ill stack skullcap with one corydalis or kava or something. im glad your decision came full circle for whats best for you.

I can tell you from experience, apply for unemployment NOW. mine took 3 weeks to catch up and get processed. even if its not a lot, it does add up and all helps right now.

laurie, we are so lucky to have you!!! I caved and got a dachshund the beginning of march right before all this went atomic. shes kept us sane in all of this mess. not used to being around each other all the time and not being able to leave/ work!

well wishes and love to all

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49771

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9070
Littlebear3, it certainly is no surprise to hear more about what you do and why. I loved helping people feel valued when I was also doing their laundry and taking care of their very personal needs. Oh the stories I can tell, and I remember the physical and mental exhaustion as if it was just yesterday. And I also didn’t make much and it was “only” part time.

From what we are hearing about this COVID-19, you are in the area MOST LIKELY to be infected. Why will be figured out long afterward.

I certainly would not wish for someone to have less care! And I’ve seen how difficult it is to align caregivers with recipients. But I’ll be thrilled to hear when you’ve finished your last day in that field. I didn’t leave until my physician insisted. She also told me that I’m NOT to even TRY to become my mother’s sole caregiver!

Makes sense that you’re here, also helping others!

Can’t agree more with the mess our country is in. The whole world learns so very little from history...

One thing that I think will become issue down the line now, is our entire species is becoming more and more dependent on the internet and wireless communication. That will undoubtedly leave many people with NO SERVICES OR HELP if that form of communication is knocked out by a car crash into a pole, lightning etc. Future generations will have no experience with “pre-internet, pre-virus” life and communities and cities will be crippled beyond compare, as a result of this dependence. The technology SAVED THE DAY during our SHELTER IN PLACE orders (still ongoing with another extension expected). But only 2 months before all of this, we had limited access to technology because of serious weather conditions and intentional power outages to minimize fire threats. Nobody seems to remember that history and it was only 2 months before COVID-19!

I have been saddened and shocked to find entitlement and unending complaints about the services whipped up by businesses in a few short days and weeks.

I have also been so incredibly grateful to have groceries DELIVERED, albeit not every item exactly as I would have done. But the service minimizes my possible exposure to COVID-19 and therefore minimizes the possible infection getting to my Mom. She is 76 and has compromised lungs, so I consider my activities as high risk when I leave the home and return.

I am SO GLAD we have had the technology and services during this pandemic and this forum is also absolutely appreciated and vital for sanity by allowing us to socialize! What a gift! Folks like you, Littlebear3, are so special and your posts have been helpful to me and countless others. I can’t wait to hear which day is your last at work!
>:D
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49769

• Littlebear3
  • Littlebear3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
thanks all for your response.
I came to the conclusion today that I need to stop working for a bit. Home health aids don’t make much, so the drop in income won’t be significant.

Good to hear that others are feeling the pain. Like it or not, we are all deeply connected. So my concern that it is just me is unfounded. It is all of us feeling the pain right now.
I have some Akuamma and phellodron on hand I am going to try. Spelling may be off.

The thing that kept me going is knowing that the people I see depend on me not just for chores, but for companionship. There is a lot of fear out there, and although I feel a bit unwrapped, my clients find me comforting. I am scheduled for a checkup later this month and my doctor is doing phone visits for now. Unemployment would be nice, but I don’t expect anything.
This whole thing has shown how fragile this country really is. Our medical system is floundering and people are so vulnerable financially. Our social safety net was already broken.

Tough times ahead. I am lucky, I have Medicare and social security, a roof over my head. A lot has to change in this world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49755

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001
Laurie , your on point ! Very loving and wise, your a gem. I really appreciate your advice given , and reading your post , def a good idea to check in with your work and your physician Iittlebear , taking a break would be some good medicine until things cool down .

Really sending you all the best ,
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49753

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9070
Hi Littlebear3 and y’all -

I haven’t tried skullcap for the reply you need on that. Like the baby brother said, Babel-17 and Michelle373 will be very helpful for you, and welcome education for the rest of us! Not that I’m doing much shopping for new botanicals to try right now. Global pandemics really distract us all, from what I’m hearing out in the world. Certainly is distracting for me. And I’m needing extra rest, too! My Mom also. We had lightheadedness, memory lapses, lots of difficulty doing tasks we normally did without thought!
Now we are in the insomnia/fatigue stage. Body aches from the constant stress, even while we are careful to limit our access to news (not easy, stuff changes all day every day!).
Kratom is extremely helpful during this time. Anxiety is being managed mostly with benzos in my case. That’s a terrible road to take. Unfortunately it was started before the hazards were known. It’s not a good time to try kicking benzos. I’ll try to kick ice cream first! I’d love to find a regular kratom strain that enhances sleep, but it’s been hopeless so far, except when I was seriously ill with a virus (non lethal). The benzos have been a lifesaver for resting enough to be of help to the community a bit and helping my mom with establishing new routines. I love her, but she is challenging.! LOL

I’m worried about you, too. Have you contacted your regular physician? I would think you could get a note to be excused from work until we get over the hump. Those getting it after that wave will have better survival rates.

I hope you have sick pay OR you can be temporarily furloughed OR another avenue to visit is temporary state disability for protecting you from having to work while you are this weak. Although we both suffer with some of the fatigue and stuff ALL THE TIME. BUT, you may not even have fully recovered yet from that last bout of pneumonia or could have another case of it - walking pneumonia. I hope you’ll consider calling your physician (since they are discouraging visits without prior approval right now) and sharing those symptoms and see what sort of help you might be able to get.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49752

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001
Littlebear ,

It’s a hard time , I’m struggling with the tension and worry as well, going to bed between 12-2am consistently, up so 630..

I have tried skull cap in tinctures I’ve made , but it had several other herbs in it , can’t pick skull cap out of the mix of effects felt .

I’m interested in trying a extract / isolate of SK, heard it can be great for stress and anxiety... if and when I try , I’ll report back .

Michele and Babel would have some things to say about this herb ...baicalein and baicalin seems to be the power house constituent's behind the curtain , I hear LiftMode has good isolates/ extracts... not cheap though .

Have you tried hirsuta and or Akuamma ? Both are great and might help you keeping the herbal support going strong while keeping your kratom dose as is....

Sending hugs littlebear >:D
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49751

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 864
I have never tried skullcap on its own, so I am not sure if makes you wake up groggy the following morning. Have you ever had a sleep study to rule of sleep apnea? That is a major cause of waking up tired.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

For those using skullcap 6 months 2 weeks ago #49749

• Littlebear3
  • Littlebear3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I have been struggling a bit with all this insanity. I try to be informed, but news is just so bad. I find I am always exhausted and I am a little worried about me.

I work a bit part time as a home health aid. A few hours a day. But I drag myself out of bed with the help of Kratom and caffeine. Then after three or four hours of light work (a little shopping and errands for elderly clients) I pass out for a few hours. Get up, have food, back to bed at midnight. Sometimes cannot sleep. Been trying a teaspoon of skullcap at night. But I wake up exhausted.

Could skullcap be causing the fatigue? I know this is a tough time for the world, but I am getting a little worried. Don’t want to just start upping Kratom. Any suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds