Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50393

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1976
Good afternoon everyone!

I just wanted to chime in about magnolia bark extract . Absolutely love it , especially when combined with kava extract . Warm and cozy relaxation, melts tension away very effectively . Michele has tried some herbs I haven’t , she’s got some good tips .

Paulor , I’m sorry to hear about your father, my heart and empathy goes out to you and your family . We’re here anytime you want to talk .

Take care my friend
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50386

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
My sympathies to you and your family Paul. Tough times in a weird time

Btw kava is not banned in canada, i bought it in different health food stores in qc. There is also a couple canadian vendors online

Good for you that kratom becomes more effective. It happened to me too and i read that many others also experience this. As if it accumulate in the body or like the reverse tolerance of weed or kava
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50324

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4408
paull,

sorry to hear about your dad. especially with everything being overwhelming right now. I can tell you from experience if your hours/ $ gets cut start applying for partial unemployment. states are so backed up but if you get the ball rolling it will benefit you more later. I was hooked in that way when this all went down, and im grateful. my husbands still waiting to get approved. supposedly gonna be finalized soon but now right now sucks for him.

glad you are finding your sweet spot with kratom too. its a good feeling!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50322

• paulor
  • paulor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Thanks Tigger,

I think I am very much beginning to see that with Kratom. I wish I would have known about this long ago. My dad battle with bi-polarism his entire life. He passed just 2 weeks ago. His kidneys
were shot due to a lifetime of having to take lithium. I am absolutely ecstatic to hear that Kratom takes care of it for you. I am of the belief that there is a cure in nature for absolutely everything!

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50320

• paulor
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, I will look into Magnolia Bark. Never heard about that. I am an absolute research freak so I always love checking this type of stuff out. :)

And, I am not sure, but the Kratom seems to be working better and better. Perhaps my body just needed some time to adjust? Last need I had 5g of a Red blend (the blend is direct from the
vendor), and I was laying in bed, and it was just like I was floating on clouds. Just an incredible feeling. i could have fell asleep in an instant, which is rare for me, but I chose to fight it off and
enjoy the feeling a while. Must be what monks feel like while in deep meditation...lol This morning I had a green blend, and the effects were much better than my previous ones. If this keeps
up, I think I will be able to lower my doses which would be just fantastic!

Yes, I can't wait for all this virus stuff to be over as well. I work from home as a virtual assistant, but quite a few of my clients have cut back my hours as they are slower. It's not too bad right now
but hopefully they don't cut me back any further...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50316

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Welcome Paul :-h

Michele's right when she says "getting yur leaf right is like trying to manage an orchestra" but IMHO once you get the hang of it you will find nothing can compare.
There is nothing I have ever taken that come close.
No pain meds or bi-polar meds. And I have taken many over the decades. (too many in fact :blink:)

Hey Michele. Hugs and kisses to you and Rosie >:D :x :cheer:

Don the cuckoo head
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50309

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
hey paul,

of course! that's why we are here. to keep up on each other and help others. when I found this forum we were self teaching on kratom for a couple months with gooble. I don't recommend that. grown so much in a little over the year on knowledge. that being said im sorry I misspoke.

although I take morina on occasion too, and it does have a variety of heath benefits, what I MEANT to say was magnolia bark. very relaxing/ anti stress for me. the other one I use is phelledendron. its supposed to help with blood pressure, blood sugars, and cholesterol. I was on statins for a bit, and went off them. phelledendron keeps my levels normal. but its best to take 6 weeks every day/ then break. from what ive read. but that makes me sleepy as well. in sense/ gold leaf botanicals has most of these, and their akuamma in the best price/ concentration ive found. fused flora and Bennis also has some great supplements.

im glad kratom works for you. sometimes if I have higher body/ work stress I need a bit more too. seems to depend on company, strain, color and how often I use that vendor. I like to say getting yur leaf right is like trying to manage an orchestra lol..

but this is a great support group. sometimes we just come here to vent. some are in the same situation, right now I cant work until our banquets/ restaurant opens. god knows how much longer. but im getting unemployment so I cant complain. still used to being busy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50300

• paulor
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the input, just awesome!

Yes I do take it on an empty stomach. I certainly am not giving up on it, it does work for me, it's just the quantity I need to take really took me by surprise me as my research showed that 3g did it for
most newbies. But trust me, at around 6g, it works big time, just amazing. I have also ordered 4 other strains today. Never know, may find a strain that works at a lower dosage.

I had tried Kava years ago back when we could still buy it at health food stored (for sleep), and I do remember it calmed me right down. But health canada had banned it shortly thereafter. I have heard
good things about moringa as well. I will look into ordering some, and will check on the other suggestions. I have also hear good things about L-theanine, will probably order some of that shortly here as it is quite cheap.

Thanks Michele! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50299

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
hey paul!

glad you found us. I mean I guess anything is possible! first.. do you always try and take kratom on an empty stomach? sounds silly to ask I know but sometimes its the subtle differences. and yes less is more you've heard.

im not saying give up on kratom. and I certainly wouldn't tell you to jump to an enhanced or extract.

the other thing is maybe consider other herbals for anxiety. I am a fan of kava, moringa, gaba, and lotus extract.

im the reverse, with most stuff im a lightweight. before I found kratom and other herbals I was taking toddler strength/ dose of valerian. but it personally gives me morning headaches. another good options are Chinese skullcap or corydalis. skullcap has many other good benefits too.

with me I can only do 1 size 00 before nighty night very soon. one of each if im wound and have to sleep. but then again I can only take non drowsy allergy meds at night lol..

either way happy to have you here.. we will help find something for you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50297

• paulor
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I am pretty sure you are right Canadian TW. Currently I am just trying to figure out what works best for me, and when I figure that out, I will only need to take it 2-3 times a week at most,
so hopefully with so little use, the anxiety relief effects will continue for a good while. I work from home, so that helps alot.

Hopefully nothing happens to our vendors here in Canada. It's not like there is a wealth of them. I have just placed an order today from one of the major ones, so good to hear the quality is good :) Looking forward to your other reviews. So far, I have gotten some from a friend who orders in the US, I then I have received orders from HMG and MKC. I am too much of a newbie to really write anything about quality until I sample a few more places, however customer service was superb at both. One of the places is in Toronto, I ordered on the Friday afternoon, sent by canada post, and I got it on Monday morning and I am in a small town in Quebec. I was really not expecting it that fast, but no complaints here obviously! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds