Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50296

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
So with regular use the effects that tend to fade first are the mood boosting/anxiety relief while the pain relief stay effective. I think its how it goes it goes for most people and i hope others will correct me if its not. So my point is that you may want to be careful to keep it working for you.

Im also an avid reader and i like to understand exactly whats going on. There is still mysteries tho.

I emailed my two canadian vendors to ask them if i can review them online and how to do it, because it seems canada health agency is threatening to close down any kratom vendor that makes a mistake... one of them didnt answer and the other said i could review but i can't mention consumption in any way or make any medical claim. I will write a careful review on them soon on another thread. In the mean time i can tell you that the two big vendors with canada in the name are both providing quality leaf, fair prices and good shipping. Btw thanks to all vendors for doing what they do, im very greatful for it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50291

• paulor
  • paulor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Thanks everyone!

Yes, I do believe it is my metabolism/chemistry. I have a pretty high tolerance for everything which kind of sucks, but I just need to adjust adjust things accordingly. On the plus side, because of said metabolism, I actually look like I am in decent shape, when nothing could be further from the truth...Ha! I'll take a win wherever I can get 'em... :cheer:

Just placed another order with another reputable company here in Canada so it'll give me a bit more of a sample to go on. And as CanadianTW said, it's probably going to take me a couple of weeks to find that sweet spot.

Looking forward to talking with you all moving forward.

Take care,
Paulo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50289

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1977
Hello Paulor . Welcome the the ILK family , great that you found us!!!!

Canadian TW is right , ILK is a friendly zone of all things kratom and full of folks who are compassionate and want to help ,

It’s entirely possible that your individual chemistry may require more than the what many start out taking ... could be many factors such as the state of your metabolism and or digestive health including the nature of your body just needing a bigger amount of anything you take to give effect... like you mentioned . Don’t give up just yet ! Kratom can be a riddle that takes some time to figure out , the fact that we all have our unique design , priming your body by taking kratom over time may yield more noticeable benefits after a while .

I need to head off to work now , but will check back in later , I’m happy Canadian TW gave such a warm welcome to you , more to follow !!

Very nice to meet you (L)
Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, paulor

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50288

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
Paulor I have always had a very high natural/genetic tolerance for drugs, alcohol and other things. I used them in amounts and combinations that I should not be alive.
I have to say that kratom is the first substance that less works better. It is the best thing I've used to date to deal with my anxiety.
Depending on the supplier I take 1 to 2 measured tsp when I get up. Then I take it spread out throughout the day. Have tried taken higher dosages at one time but didnt feel any difference. As I would with something such as opiates or alcohol.
I dont think that natural/genetic tolerance to other substances applies to kratom.
But you can easily develop a high tolerance for kratom if you take too much or used enhanced products.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50287

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Welcome to our sweet community Paulor :)

You are normal! Don't expect it to be a silver bullet or "an extremely powerful effect", while these words are sometimes used by people, everyone is different. The benning of my journey i wasnt sure if it was working or not. It did relieve pain (the main reason i take it) but i was expecting some kind of pleasurable effect that i never got. But i got much more than that: feeling normal and well despite being broken, while being sober.

Most people go through a honeymoon phase of various length, while they feel its fantastic during that time after a while, depending on dose size and frequency and personal chemistry, that phase wears out and effects will be more dull. The way you manage your intake and your life hygiene in general are the things you can do to get better effects on a long term basis.

It can take a week or two to work properly, tries and errors you know.

You came at the good place for advices that helps make work long term. Others will pinch in soon.

Stay tuned! Have a great day Paul :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, paulor

Natural/Genetic Tolerance 5 months 3 weeks ago #50286

• paulor
  • paulor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Hello,

My name is Paul, and I am knew here. I am really loving these forums. Just an incredible source of info.

I have just recently started my Kratom journey to relieve anxiety. Before even beginning, I researched a ton about it. And I mean a TON of research.

I am wondering if it is possible to have a natural tolerance to Kratom. I have purchased a variety of strains from a couple of reputable vendors. I do not seem to get any effect on any strain
anywhere under the 5-6g amount. I do not have any kind of opiate tolerance. Only had a percocet prescription a few years back for tendonitis. I do seem to have a high tolerance on other things as well. I don't drink often, but I can easily drink a dozen beers and not be and sound like a blithering idiot. If I have a headache or pain somewhere, 2 tylenol does nothing. I always start with 4. Had an ear infection a while back and they had to mega dose me on antibiotics as the usual was not working.

My question is, does anyone have or have heard about a natural tolerance like this. In a way it would be a bit of a relief just knowing I am not just a freak of nature and others are kind of the same.

Thanks,

Paulo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds