Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC:

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50576

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1285
That’s awesome you received your herbal goodies ! Let the journey begin... tomorrow!!

I’ve been wanting to order from re-leaf for a while , have only ordered once from them a while ago, Michele and others feel his kratom is great , so I’m sure your in for a treat ...

The others you ordered from, great people with great products , super kind and generous to throw in extras , always sweet icing on the cake .

Very excited and inspired by your determination to get to a more sustainable kratom intake , the payoff will be with it , and the confidence gained in knowing you can do this again in the future !

Good luck my friend , may the kratom force be with you (L) And we are always here to check in with, looking forward to updates !

Brando
Life is better with kratom !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50574

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4063
im proud of you!

it sounds like you are in the right mindset with ammunition to boot. great selection! I love those ginger chews.. the ginger peppermint sounds weird but its good.

as far as the akuamma, you can start with 2g and go up from there. I take 2-3 often.

you have a great plan in place and ask for guidance if and when you need it.

but you are off to a GREAT start. I think you will be just fine. happy for you. you DO have this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50572

• Inglorious
  • Inglorious's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Good afternoon Inglorious!

Your almost done with the prep work , good job my friend !!

As far as the stimulating aspects of kanna , for me it feels uplifting , not edgy or rough on the nervous system.... everyone is different, but my experience had need very good with kanna . Also ... kanna tends to extend my kratom dose duration, so while your taking your s&v, this may help boost those effects and stretch em out some .... the oasis caps are great for this as well, nice compliment to soon to start tolerance break regimen.

I use a product called CALM, had magnesium and vitamin C , orange flavored which I find very tasty , Babel is the supplement guru , a vast storage of great knowledge that guy has , an amazing asset to our community, much respect sir brother Babel =D>

I’m excited for you Inglorious, this will be a great game changer for you , know we are all rooting for you ! (L)

Your proposed ratio of herbs looks like a good of a place to start as any , relish in the fact that you can adjust according to effects needed . I find it relieving to know this B-) What a awesome thing to have control of your kratom management, very cool , very cool!!

I like everything you said. =D Also, CALM, Ive heard of it somewhere. Not sure where. Ill have to grab some and give it a shot too.

I just recieved my 1k sampler from Re-Leaf, I set a single 50g bag aside to give a try in small amounts here and there (I wont allow myself to dip in to that anymore until the reset is over, I just COULDNT resist trying it after all the amazing words). They didnt send me my "welcome gift" for mentioning where I heard of them, but I honestly wasnt counting on it anyway; just wouldve been extra cool. OEO sent me extra samples free of charge (how nice of them!) as well as a page of instructions just in case I get forgetful or am unsure one day while measuring. (Im going to leave a little checklist on my kratom station to make sure I take everything in the correct amounts - 1 for starting point and then Ill adjust it til its right and go from there) Benni sent me an extra sampler oz of red (appreciate that too! =D) and some ginger chews (I was curious about those, Ive read that they are yummy and addicting. Good for settling tummy too. I just started liking ginger this year! 1 of 2 foods I used to hate and now I can eat both.

What nice vendors. They didnt have to include anything extra, let alone hand-written thank you messages. Off to a good start. I wont be able to gauge 100% properly until morning when I start fresh, which I kind of expected due to what time of day it is now. So it begins in the morning. =)

Thanks for the advice, support, ideas and so forth. Ill keep checking in to let everyone know how its going. Even if it doesnt go as planned. Hopefully it does (I think itll be a lot better this time, having prepared instead of winging a taper).
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50569

• Pizza and kratom ?
Good afternoon Inglorious!

Your almost done with the prep work , good job my friend !!

As far as the stimulating aspects of kanna , for me it feels uplifting , not edgy or rough on the nervous system.... everyone is different, but my experience had need very good with kanna . Also ... kanna tends to extend my kratom dose duration, so while your taking your s&v, this may help boost those effects and stretch em out some .... the oasis caps are great for this as well, nice compliment to soon to start tolerance break regimen.

I use a product called CALM, had magnesium and vitamin C , orange flavored which I find very tasty , Babel is the supplement guru , a vast storage of great knowledge that guy has , an amazing asset to our community, much respect sir brother Babel =D>

I’m excited for you Inglorious, this will be a great game changer for you , know we are all rooting for you ! (L)

Your proposed ratio of herbs looks like a good of a place to start as any , relish in the fact that you can adjust according to effects needed . I find it relieving to know this B-) What a awesome thing to have control of your kratom management, very cool , very cool!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Inglorious

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50568

• Inglorious
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, all. Im still a little nervous about figuring out the amounts as my doses have gone as high as an oz. (That 2-3x/day) I assume thats what leads to the terrible WDs. So I was hoping to start as low as I posibly can (which might be 8g or so and thats why Im asking amounts, because if I can go a lot lower - like 2-4g then Id much rather prefer that). If its possible to do something like 4g S&V, 2g akuamma and 1-2 caps of kanna then that would be fantastic. Id be well on my way to the goal from the start.

Im a tiny bit worried about the kanna stimulation. I dont even handle caffeine well. Usually kratom isnt TOO stimulating for me, especially with the relaxation it provides along the way. If possible, I really REALLY desire to do it without any leaf - then the taper will go a lot quicker and smoother I assume. If I NEED to add some to the S&V, would maybe 2g be a good add-in or would it need to be more?

Thank you Babel for clearing that up about magnesium. Ive been curious about it for years and just wasnt sure what was what when it came to it. Ive heard malate is the way to go in terms of anxiety, so thats what I was considering getting a bit of.

So to start Ill go with 4g S&V, 1g akuamma, 1 cap of kanna? If that doesnt work I will likely add a gram of S&V every 30-60 mins until the relief comes? If its still too hard, add 2g of reg leaf (hopefully this will be unnecessary)?

Thank you again, and sorry for my gigantic novel-sized posts. =P Still awaiting my 3 packages. Mail typically arrives in about an hour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50557

• Pizza and kratom ?
Michele and Babel steered great advice/wisdom....

As you cut down the leaf , adding more or less of s&v as well as Akuamma will be a fine tuning part of thing . The more heavier on the Akuamma will add sedation , so with combing 1-2 grams Akuamma with
2-4 gms s&v .... ( something along the lines of that ) and 1-2 kanna caps, should really take the edge off...

Also ..... taking a smaller dose ( 1/3 less ) of leaf with added Akuamma and 1 cap of kanna .... still moving in the direction of the goal .

Setting your mind to it and knowing y out can do this will aid into your success . Trust in the process and adjust the other herbs you have as needed ... remembering not to take to much kanna , small dose is stimulating ( kind of like how kratom is stimulating in smaller amounts ) and a bigger dose will add to sedation or relaxation..

I love the Akuamma/ kanna blend .... very nice .... along with s&v and a small portion of plain leaf .... some good things can happen , will be a huge contribution in kindness while tapering .

Much respect, and by all means ... you got this =D> =D> (L) (L) :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inglorious

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50555

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4063
hey inglorious!

nothings set in stone. any variation in the begging is an achievement. no need to be ashamed. I was taking well over an ounce a day by myself. and still not getting the benefits. when we say less is more it really is true.

I personally was fine just switching completely to stem and vein. its a separate alkaloid profile so you can feel it quicker with less. I would try to get a little variety of stem and vein if you can. but if you must take a little leaf blend it, then go back to just stem and vein. but the other herbals should help a lot. I didn't have withdrawls but everyones different. if you didn't dabble much in concentrates, extracts, or enhanced, I think you will be fine. honestly. bring a litte toss/ wash bag with you if you think you might need it. no biggie. you got this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Inglorious

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50547

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2193
I wouldn't worry too much about potentiators. 90% is going to just be getting started with a sensible taper and sticking to it. It's hard to go wrong with Magnesium. Though some do a few things better than others do, though none do it all. As far as delivering Magnesium to your body, they all work, though efficiency varies.

I take Magnesium Malate, and a newfangled (expensive!) one for nighttime called Magnesium L-Threonate. I also have a big bag of Magnesium Citrate I dip into from time to time. Magnesium Glycinate is also good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Inglorious

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50543

• Inglorious
  • Junior Boarder
I am hoping to get a little more advice lined up to ensure I start off on the right foot tomorrow and have a shot at the most successful reset/taper I can pull off.

So my SOS materials/herbs and 1/2 of my approved vendor kilos are coming tomorrow. Honestly I was just going to stay away from the new vendor kilos until Im at least 1/2 way through my reset - it might better tell me where I stand during it if Im sticking to my normal strains and/or just the SOS herbs. Maybe this is wrong and someone can tell me what the best to do there is?

1. As I understood the advice given to me this past week (that is an IF) the general rule of thumb is to use about 2 S&V to 1 regular leaf kratom (2:1)?
2. Then to that add 1-2g akuamma and 1-2 capsules of kanna? (Or use those alternatively to the S&V/Kratom, not at same time?)
3. I never actually disclosed my actual current doses (as Im ashamed of how far out of hand it has really gotten) but its high up there, so the WDs can be hell after 8-12hrs. I obviously will have to go into WD to even gauge what the SOS herbs and S&V do for it, which might be rough at first. Will how high my kratom dose is affect where I need to start on the S&V and akuamma? (Obviously the kanna is a different thing altogether so Im not worried about that one)

Separate to that out of curiosity:
4. Potentiators - I know of several but am curious about one. What TYPE of magnesium are people referring to when they describe it as a potentiator to kratom (as there are obviously many kinds)?

Im still trying to be optimistic and hope this goes really well when it all arrives tomorrow. Id love for these things to be effective enough to just cut out the plain leaf for at least a few days at a time during these 2-3 weeks. Has anyone ever done that (cut out the plain leaf entirely during a reset and use only SOS and S&V)? Tues might be hard to toy with amounts because I have things planned (with gf's family) and I dont currently have any capsules to make to take with me if something goes wrong. So ideally Ill need to figure out a good starting point tomorrow so that doesnt end up being a problem.

As always, thank you all once again. Youre all obviously spectacular human beings.

I just want to make sure that I have understood your advice properly to get this going off without a hitch and then hopefully just adjust it from there (cutting out something like 25% every 2-3 days?). Im not even 100% on a good taper schedule. Ive always just winged it.

Reset Advice (Looking for as much help as possible): 1 month 3 weeks ago #50520

• Inglorious
  • Junior Boarder
My mistake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Inglorious.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds