09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kratom Only Works For Me With Caffeine

Kratom Only Works For Me With Caffeine 3 weeks 2 days ago #50522

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 430
In the morning, I take 2 grams in conjunction with caffeine. If I don't take caffeine, In about an hour I get a mood lift from the Kratom. So they both work fine together for me. In the evening if I am lethargic and want to get up and do something around the house, I take two more grams of Kratom. That is enough to clear the fog, but doesn't give me the morning kick. It may be that you are so used to the two together you mistake the subtlety of the Kratom for it not working.

On days off, if I don't have much to do and I am tired, I just take the Kratom. I watch a little television and lay around and get rested. If I want to get up do laundry and clean, I add caffeine. Consider that you may need to add some vitamin supplements. As someone else mentioned, those energy shots do have quite a load of B vitamins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Littlebear3.

Kratom Only Works For Me With Caffeine 3 weeks 3 days ago #50505

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2099
Have you tried using a stimulating White, or Yellow? There's more than caffeine in that drink, btw.

The official website lists the active ingredients of 5-hour Energy as: vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, sodium, taurine, glucuronolactone, malic acid and N-Acetyl L-tyrosine, L-phenylalanine, caffeine, and citicoline.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Kratom Only Works For Me With Caffeine 3 weeks 3 days ago #50501

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1055
Hey Rich,

I’m thinking that you’ve become solely accustomed to the combo , kratom and caffeine. I’ve read that caffeine acts as a potentiator for Kratom’s more energetic side of things ... but to not feel anything unless combined with caffeine.... it’s probably because that’s how you’ve always taken it . Without it , your body is saying wtf?? Do you rotate strains ? Or take the same variety more than not ?

I’d try taking a extra gm without caffeine and if your not already rotating, try that as well.

I take my first dose in the morning , alongside with my coffee I sip on throughout the day ...16oz of brew in total . But the other 2-3 doses , no coffee ...

If you don’t mind taking caffeine every time you dose , than you have it figured out, but if your not always wanting to have that pairing , allow your body to adjust , some time to acclimate without the caffeine .

2 gm isn’t very much , but possible you’ve grown a tolerance to that, then taking a wee break and or adding a little more might be something worth trying .

I look forward to other members thoughts/ ideas on this .

Stay well my friend , great to see you again!
Life is better with kratom !

Kratom Only Works For Me With Caffeine 3 weeks 3 days ago #50499

• richmilton
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Lately when I take my usual 2G dose I get no effect UNLESS I take it with caffeine such as a 5 hour energy or something similar.
If I dose without caffeine I literally either feel nothing or slightly lethargic and lazy with no motivation. Sure, I understand caffeine
on its own is excellent for energy, everyone knows that. But why is my kratom dose basically useless now unless I take it
with caffeine? BTW I tried upping my dose to 3-4g and that only causes anxiety even without the caffeine. Once I did 4g with caffeine and I will
never do that again because I got dizzy and hand trembling.

It appears kratom is now useless to me without caffeine. Does anybody know why? Perhaps I need a long t-break. But again,
kratom still works great (with caffeine) so a t-break may not be needed yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds