Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Withdrawal help 5 months 1 week ago #50554

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4409
hey brannon!

glad to have you here. yes you can do this. ive heard it done with many forms of substances. my husband weened down and got off subs. was on them for over a decade, and had tried many times before.

yes, slightly bigger doses and more frequently in the beginning. now he can skip a full day or days like me and be fine.

not judging, but I only recommend regular leaf. extracts and concentrates can be a slippery slope that's better not to dabble with cause you might just be trading off one for another. but at the end your body, your life, your choice.

he started with mostly reds, greens, and golds. hes a tall, bigger guy with a good tolerance but he did 4-5g to start 4 times a day. always before meals. im sure you are aware best ways to take ect, its just getting some good leaf in your rotation now and start tapering off the methadone.

if you only take methadone in the morning, as you taper, maybe try a dose of a heavy red at night to see if it helps. just a suggestion. insenses red dragon is great for that. I also love their red Sumatra, malay, fuzzy dragon, dark red MD, chocolate, hulu.

insense also has great 'other herbals' that help with sleep and pain. akuamma I take more than kratom honestly, and incarvilla. and both can be taken together with kratom without issues for most people. its safe for me to do and im sensitive to most medications.

their Chinese skullcap and corydalis are also amazing, and generally better for most for nighttime. and they help with pain as well, and also have their own health benefits.

if you have very specific questions, or need advice for vendors, we are happy to help. many great new approved vendors here. but most f us have a top 10 or so.. good luck please keep us updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Withdrawal help 5 months 1 week ago #50551

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1935
Kratom helped me get off of percocets, in 2 days, i would think they could be a powerful item for methadone

but as with any addiction senario, you get to get past the head.....

best wishes

insense1
Rob
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Withdrawal help 5 months 2 weeks ago #50544

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1976
Good morning and welcome to the ILK family Brannon,

I’m sorry to hear that you had to get on methadone my friend , but might have been the thing to do to avoid street opiates and therefore potentially saving your life. However , methadone is a heavy synthetic opiate that stores in your bone marrow, making the detox a more involved and longer process.

To answer your question , yes absolutely kratom can help with your WD’s. I’ve personally never gone through it, but there’s older threads on here with folks who have used kratom to help ... and with success. Type in the search bar “methadone and kratom “ or “methadone detox”.

Tapering down your methadone dose till it’s down significantly, then starting with kratom to alleviate your WD symptoms.

The best you can ask for while detoxing and using kratom is a smoother/ lowered WD , feeling more normal than not , as the methadone continues to leave your system, you’ll experience more of Kratom’s benefits ..... energy , moodlift, added pain relief .

Taper , taper , taper ... then start substituting one dose of methadone with kratom in its place . Waiting till the WD’s are kicking in , then dosing with kratom. Keep lowering your meds and substitute more with leaf .

Many have done this my friend , you can too! Make sure to have plenty of kratom on hand so you don’t run out while going through this process. We are here to support you through this time , lovely compassionate members that care for your best interest is what ILK is all about !!

Red MD, red Bali , red Borneo , green MD are good “strains” to have in your detox lineup. Typically reds are used for getting off opiates , but a couple greens could be nice to mix with them.

Others will chime in and offer up some tips, but the first thing is to lower your methadone dose , taking bigger amounts of kratom than usual during the detox might be required .... or dosing more often.

I’ll see about finding some link for you ,

Your in the right place Brannon , wanting to stop opiates is a beautiful and tough choice , its the right one when you’ve made up your mind . Freedom from those chains is very healing and empowering.

Check in as often as you need , and if you want some vendor suggestions , we can recommend many quality companies to choose from .

Take care my friend !

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Babel-17, INSENSE3

Withdrawal help 5 months 2 weeks ago #50542

• Brannon1989
  • Brannon1989's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
So I've been a regular meang da user for about 3 years, about 3 months ago I started using opiates again things got out of hand and I ended on methadone I've been taking it about 3 months now I want to stop it and go back to my kratom, does anyone know if the kratom will help during the withdrawal of the methadone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, michele373, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds