Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Comments and questions... 4 months 2 weeks ago #50972

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9068
I sent you a private message and then the forum flipped axis and that feature is not yet offered now. I hope you at least got my private message and hope all is going well.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Comments and questions... 4 months 2 weeks ago #50940

• wmnish
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello, I am very interested in your knowledge using Kratom while being prescribed
BUPRENORPHINE/NALOXONE. I believe it's also called Suboxne. In my case it's prescribes to keep me off
opiates. I was prescribed OxyContin, and buckets of Percocet for 1 year, than shockingly my Doctor cut me off.
I ended up in withdraw HELL. Luckily someone guided me to a Methadone clinic. To make a long story short I am finally on 6 mg of Suboxone. Should I worry about a bad reaction between this medicine and Kratom. I'm still waiting for my two orders I made from two different vendors BTW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Comments and questions... 5 months 5 days ago #50695

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793
it is a BAD idea to take Kratom WITH pain meds (opiates).
they do not enhance each other, in fact they do the opposite and compete for the same receptor sites.

take Kratom OR opiate pain meds but not both!

Taking them together I think would ramp up your tolerance to narcotics very quickly as the body would respond with simply making more and more opiate recpetors.

DKnight - if you are having surgery and then going into rehab, I would heartily endorse taking the pain meds prescribed for you. You will need them in order to be able to do the rehab exerises. Without proper pain relief you might be reluctant to engage fully in the rehab process. Pain will delay healing and THAT is why they are prescribed.

The place for Kratom is when you no longer need the opiates and you need to come off them. In my experience both personally and from anecdotes shared here on this forum, Kratom makes that pretty simple.

If the pain meds being prescribed are NOT opiates that is a different story (although I suspect opiates will be prescribed for the acute post-op recovery phase.) Tylenol and NSAIDS do not interact with Kratom in any way that I know of. BUT Yeah - NSAIDS can do a number on your stomach - you should tell your doc that you cannot take them if that is the case and they should prescribe something else.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

Last edit: by bomalley.

Kratom and Pain Meds 5 months 6 days ago #50679

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4420
hey dknight!

glad you found us. happy to have you here. it might be easier for you to heal with the effects of kratom than you might have thought! I would lay into various red strains as well as some greens to keep you comfortable and sleep if you aren't working.

to get the best effects, always take kratom on an empty stomach. if you have any other questions on dosage or time, let us know! or if you need any recommendations. hope you are feeling ok. I hear you on pain meds. they sent me over the toilet bowl right after knee surgery.

Kratom and Pain Meds 5 months 6 days ago #50672

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hey Dknight178-

Hope your surgery went well and you are sleeping/healing.

Looking forward to hearing how you are!
Laurie

Kratom and Pain Meds 5 months 1 week ago #50668

• Dknight178
  • Dknight178's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Thanks for the responses. I'm having a major shoulder surgery today that will take 6-8months of rehabilitation. I will be trying to use kratom in the interim, to save stronger prescription meds for when I may need them. I'm hoping not, bc pain medication really messes up my stomach.

Kratom and Pain Meds 5 months 1 week ago #50637

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I agree with SomethingSacred. Wasteful and even more difficult for either to be of help. IMO

Welcoming to the cooler forum for kratom support, Dknight178! You picked a great place to ask.
Laurie

Kratom and Pain Meds 5 months 1 week ago #50629

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1992
Hey DkKnight,

I would take one or the other , or if needing pain meds , but want to skip a dose without discomfort , substitute with kratom.

Taking both won’t be beneficial to either one . Pain meds will outcompete kratom in strength, both hit the same receptors and meds will over shadow most of Kratom’s effects . My feelings are save your pain meds for when nothing else is working, and in the meantime take kratom for moderate pain relief .

Hope you are doing well my friend !
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Keaton and Pain Meds 5 months 1 week ago #50628

• Dknight178
  • Dknight178's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Does anyone have experience with taking Keaton along with pain medicine for severe pain? Bad idea?

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds