Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 4 days ago #50950

• Maggy47
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Excessive use of everything is bad when you are going to start using kratom you must know about its bad effects. you should always use it in a reasonable quantity. kratom also has many good effects for our health and body but you should follow the instruction about it's dose. you need to see this article to get a detailed guide. www.kratomtips.com/health-benefits-associated-with...-stimulating-effects
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 6 days ago #50917

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8890
I’m just effing nosy. While following this topic with interest and sincere compassion, I’m just curious what drove you to starting kratom in the first place?
It MIGHT be of help with this? And I’m nosy.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50892

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 306
My friend had crohns, and up until now i thought it was a synonym for IBS, sorry about that! I just googled it, its more clear now. Since its not the autoimmune i was thinking of, most of what i wrote dosent make sense but its all good cuz from the discussions we have here there is always someone thats gonna find it and that it will help. And thats what we are all about, helping eachother out :)

Peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by CanadianTW.

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50891

• sadhippo
  • sadhippo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Canadian,

Diet is basically ham sausage eggs steak salmon sweet potatoes yams. I never eat any sugar at all.
Fasting- No I've never done it, I've looked into it a ton and definitely agree that it's a smart thing to do to improve health and longevity, just for me, it's not exactly possible given my situation.
No I haven't tried a complete break from kratom. I would need something to substitute for it. I just googled Iboga and it sounds interesting.
The 1 gram per day, I did for the last week.
Paleo/Keto, yes, I lost 40 pounds in 3 months on a keto diet back in 2015. Eat paleo only ever since.
I will definitely look more into Iboga. Thanks a lot for that recommendation.

Sorry to hear about your friend, although, I suspect it wasn't IBS that he had, or maybe he did have it, but it wasn't what contributed to his death as IBS is not a life threatening illness. It's basically just a huge nuisance and inconvenience. IBS is a diagnosis by exclusion. They test for everything and if everything comes back negative, the doctors tell you that you have a case of IBS, which basically means they don't know what is causing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50890

• sadhippo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey thanks a lot for that post. I appreciate the effort you put into it.

1. I'll try to make a better effort to drink more water, see if that helps at all, thanks for that.
2. Yeah I've gotten it from the same source that I first learned about it 5 years ago. A guy who I have a lot of faith in. I would be willing to try from another source though.
3. My diet I watch very closely, I have to since everything makes me sick. Cannot eat any leafy greens, basically all I can eat is meat/fish, eggs and sweet potatoes/yams. So I basically eat that and nothing else every day.
4. I've spent so much time thinking about all this, I just can't come up with anything that makes sense as far as what else I could be taking that's contributing to this.

Interesting idea that you think I could be experiencing a withdrawal. I'll give this a try tomorrow and see if it might help at all.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50889

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 306
A few questions crossed my mind when reading your post:

What does your diet consist of?
Have you tried fasting for 48h or more and if yes how did that feel?
Have you tried a complete break from kratom for 2 weeks?
When you say you taper to 1 gram per day, how long did you went with that low dose?
Have you tried paleo or keto diet and if yes how did that go?
Have you heard of iboga?

I lost one of my best friend ever to IBS so the subject touches me and feel compassion for all that are affected by it. I know kratom helps people with IBS, diminishing their symptoms, but i have the impression it can also mask the severity and because of that one might not feel a worsening of their condition. You know just like if you are in pain and taking a pain relieving substance it might cause you to not adress the cause of the problem or not notice a worsening because of multiple dosing daily. Just some thoughts i have, im not medically trained im just curious and genuinely interrested.

Hoping some other folks will pinch in soon, glad you came here :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50888

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1516
Nice to meet you sadhippo,

Welcome to ILK !

I’ve had similar problems with stomach issues most of my life , don’t know why but it’s not anything one wants to deal with , so your in good company my friend.

You’ve been taking kratom for a good handful of years so what I suggest you may already have tried or know about .

1) are you keeping hydrated ?
2) do you order from trust worthy sources ?
3) how is your diet? Enough greens , fiber ?
4) any medication or changes in diet that corresponds to this fatigue ?

Since I’ve been taking kratom , 3 years everyday several times a day , and I’ve gone from needing to use the bathroom several times a day to only 1 or 2 x a day .
For me , I’ve benefited majorly in this way.

One thing that I’m thinking could be , at least with the fatigue part of the equation is that even though you take a very low amount per day , over the years your body has become acclimated and adjusted to having leaf .... the fatigue part could be your body telling you to take a dose . Sometimes, not always , but on occasion if I wait longer than I usually do to take a dose , I’ll feel tired and fatigued . This also can happen if I take a variety that doesn’t suit my chemistry or isn’t potent enough for my needs . Today for example , I 3 hrs after trying a white strain that initially gave good energy for 3 hrs , I quickly thereafter felt tired and achy . Not all whites have the long standing pain relief that I really desire , but when I took approximately 2 gm ( normal dose for me is 5-5.5gms) I almost immediately felt much better and energized.. this lasted a solid 4.5 hrs .

So , could be a mixture of things , quality of leaf , diet , your body saying “hey... perhaps you should take a dose “, in effect a mild WD, or a underlying health ailment ... such as digestion issues like you mentioned .

Def keep hydrated , whenever I take kratom I try to always drink a cup or two of water immediately after .

If you feel like kratom is causing the urge to frequently use the restroom , perhaps taking a bit of a break to see if kratom is the causing or adding to your ailment .

I’m so sorry you are coming to us under duress, but you are here , and this is a great place to brainstorm and help figure out some steps to solving or relieving your symptoms.

Might be best to just taper down and take a week or longer break and take note of any changes .

More will add to this I hope ,

Take care sadhippo, I hope you can find some good info or tips to help you

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Babel-17, CanadianTW

Health problems from long term excessive use 2 months 1 week ago #50887

• sadhippo
  • Fresh Boarder
I was looking for somewhere to share my story because I wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

A quick background on me ... I started using Kratom about 5 or 6 years ago. At the beginning I would take 4-6 grams a day maybe 3 times a week (I'm 5' 10" 160 lbs). For the first two or three years I never upped the dose above the 6 grams, I would always rotate strains, and when that no longer worked, I started mixing strains. This worked pretty consistently until about two and a half years ago. At that point I started taking it every day, though still would always rotate and mix, but I started taking larger amounts. At one point, for a few months I was taking 10-12 grams a day every day.

This was around the same time I started developing this nasty issue that I now deal with every day. And this is going to be probably too much information but I guess I should just come out with it. So I've had IBS symptoms basically my whole life but it wasn't something that like stopped me from having a normal life, I just couldn't eat the same foods that everybody else could. I've had that IBS since I was 16, I'm 36 now. But around 2 and a half years ago I began waking up every day feeling extremely fatigued and irritable, along with the need to have 3-8 bowel movements every day. And if I don't feel like I've gone enough times, I spend the rest of the day feeling extremely constipated and basically have no energy or motivation to do anything except sit or lie down uncomfortably. This fatigued feeling lasts at least the first 4 hours of the day upon my waking up, during which I'm walking back and forth to the bathroom.

I had thought for a long time possibly my Kratom use is what caused this, but I started tapering down to like 2 grams a day and noticed no improvement. So I went back to my normal use but this time with no more than 8 grams a day. Only just very recently did I notice that when I was doing more experimenting trying to cut down my tolerance, I went down to a gram a day and, while I still had these problems, the fatigue wasn't as intense. Then the next day I went back up to 7 grams and did notice some difference in that the fatigue was significantly more intense.

I just am trying to find out if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this? I've had so many tests and been to so many doctors and functional medicine practicioners. All my tests keep coming back negative and the doctors have no idea what's wrong with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds