Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Taper question 4 months 2 weeks ago #51332

• zauriel
  • zauriel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Thanks for your input, Laurie. You mean that akuamma must be used in capsule form?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taper question 4 months 2 weeks ago #51329

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9123
Welcome to the forum, zauriel!

I don’t get drowsiness from reds like majority of peeps. On my wean, yes, I used a green Bali that relaxes me (found out through trial and error over the years this one was for evening). I used 2 capsules at night and it made all the difference.

Nan70 is right, too! The best assortment of botanicals I find helpful for use instead of or with kratom are with In Sense / Gold Leaf botanicals and the prices are better than Amazon “bottom feeding“* deals.

I have also recently tried the wild lettuce and skullcap and they work very well for helping me find comfort and drift off while my body continues with little or no kratom. Also, I only experienced discomfort of concern during the first 36 hours. Then only random moments of discomfort during day and/or evening. Hopefully you have already cleared enough time off to no longer require this thread of suggestions.

Nan70 mentioned THE BEST botanicals for pain relief. Akuamma is a wonderful anti inflammatory botanical. It must be capped to be used. Unfortunately or fortunately, In Sense / Gold Leaf botanicals only carries it in powder form, hence the amazing price!

Congratulations on your efforts so far!! Woohoo!

*Just an expression intended as dry/light humor. If you’re confused or do not get it, I assure you it’s not literally reflective of actual fish tanks. Hopefully you are not offended. The statement is humor related to the lower priced products on Amazon...(and it is a river. That’s part of the humor)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, zauriel, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Taper question 4 months 2 weeks ago #51325

• zauriel
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply. I don't use any other botanicals, but I'm interested! I'll do some research now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Taper question 4 months 2 weeks ago #51323

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4067
I am a low doser so its hard for me to comment about your tapering dosing amount but you seem to have been so far very successful.
Have you tried to use other botanicals at night to add to your kratom dose as you are lowering it?
I have had luck with akuamma, corydalis, and Incarvillea sinensis all help a bit with pain management and I find them all relaxing, akuamma makes me the most sleepy.
I also have been taking ginkgo biloba at night for a little better well being.

hopefully others that recently reset will reply soon

Best!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, zauriel, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Taper question 4 months 2 weeks ago #51322

• zauriel
  • Fresh Boarder
Howdy, friends! I hope everyone is safe & well. I have been planning a 2-4 week reset after taking kratom since Jan 1st. I started at a high dosage (30+g per day) because my scale was set to ounces and not grams!!! :side:

Anyway, I started the taper 6 weeks ago at 12g per day and I am down to 4 grams a day (1g @4x a day) this week with plans to stop next week. However my nights are terrible - like total withdrawal bad. My question is: since lower doses are said to be more stimulating rather than sedating, should I take a 5g dose at night the next few nights before I quit - just to get a little sleep before the withdrawals hit? Is 5-6g a safe enough amount to CT from?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the discussion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds